Lineup 2016

Matt42

Well that's saved my marriage then. I've never felt less inclined to go to a festival.

Biffy are ok but why would they lower their out and out headliner status so soon? Their Leeds show was spectacular.

FOB declared themselves the saviours of guitar music and then proceeded to look like pretty boy pop stars and become a Britney Spears tribute act. Giving them headline status is a disaster.

Foals - who? Still don't know any of their stuff apart from the couple of youtube vids that bored me to tears.

Disclosure - anyone that does a closing set should be shot. They have no place in the same arena as real musicians that can actually play instruments.

RHCP - would be ok if they didn't suck live and play the same song for 90mins. 

For those reasons...........I'm out.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, devilman said:

Disclosure - anyone that does a closing set should be shot. They have no place in the same arena as real musicians that can actually play instruments.

your opinion mattered right up until here. what a silly view to hold. you claim to be married so i assume you're not 14 years old?

7 minutes ago, devilman said:

Have you ever seen footage of a Disclosure show? They play a range of instruments live themselves, including drums and bass guitar. They've openly said in interviews that they can't understand why some dance artists are happy to just press play and stand there, they want to make their shows as live as they possibly can. 

Edited by Andre91

Just now, FloorFiller said:

your opinion mattered right up until here. what a silly view to hold. you claim to be married so i assume you're not 14 years old?

Turn those numbers around and you'd still be way off. I have no interest in the crap Disclosure pretend to play live. Sorry if that upsets you.

2 minutes ago, devilman said:

Turn those numbers around and you'd still be way off. I have no interest in the crap Disclosure pretend to play live. Sorry if that upsets you.

2 minutes ago, devilman said:

They pretend to play synth drums along side their MacBooks. It's bollocks.

16 minutes ago, devilman said:

Well that's saved my marriage then. I've never felt less inclined to go to a festival.

Biffy are ok but why would they lower their out and out headliner status so soon? Their Leeds show was spectacular.

FOB declared themselves the saviours of guitar music and then proceeded to look like pretty boy pop stars and become a Britney Spears tribute act. Giving them headline status is a disaster.

Foals - who? Still don't know any of their stuff apart from the couple of youtube vids that bored me to tears.

RHCP - would be ok if they didn't suck live and play the same song for 90mins. 

For those reasons...........I'm out.

Never seen such absolute bolkocks on here as the idea that Disclosure should be shot for playing synth drums.

1 minute ago, MattDavies__ said:

I'm pretty sure one of them gets a guitar out at some point 

So does Madonna. Watch out Joe Bonamassa. Most of their instrument "playing" is knob turning diversion and if you think they are playing anything apart from an easily faded token instrument over a backing track then more fool you.

4 minutes ago, Foals/Disclosure said:

Never seen such absolute bolkocks on here as the idea that Disclosure should be shot for playing synth drums.

Would you have to get a new quilt cover and pencil case if they weren't around anymore?

3 minutes ago, devilman said:

So does Madonna. Watch out Joe Bonamassa. Most of their instrument "playing" is knob turning diversion and if you think they are playing anything apart from an easily faded token instrument over a backing track then more fool you.

Would you have to get a new quilt cover and pencil case if they weren't around anymore?

I don't even like Disclosure and am unlikely to see them, but I will still defend their right to be there. The view that they should be shot just because you don't like them is purely immature and ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, Foals/Disclosure said:

I don't even like Disclosure and am unlikely to see them, but I will still defend their right to be there. The view that they should be shot just because you don't like them is purely immature and ridiculous.

Yes. How the nights must fly by in your house.

22 minutes ago, devilman said:

I never said he played it. 

You seem to have a great knowledge of Disclosure for someone who hates them so much. 

50 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

No you would be wrong, his opinion never mattered because music is bollocks unless you write and play heavy music followed by screaming or shouting down a microphone that is somehow called performing good music.

I don't like Disclosure but I can respect what they do.....they still shouldn't be in that position though.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

No you would be wrong, his opinion never mattered because music is bollocks unless you write and play heavy music followed by screaming or shouting down a microphone that is somehow called performing good music.

I don't like Disclosure but I can respect what they do.....they still shouldn't be in that position though.

Christ, you know it's bad when Gazza gets one over you.

21 minutes ago, devilman said:

Yes. How the nights must fly by in your house.

while i agree that disclosure don't actually play their 'music' a lot of the time, and it is very dull and drab to see live, i probably wouldn't say they need to be shot lol.

Edited by DirtyChorizo

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

what did you have for dinner

Disclosure as a headliner is a little odd - it'd make more sense to bill them as a closing set and let Foals have the headliner position outright (i know you'll disagree on that last point gazza, but it's true). Foals headlining with a closing set from Disclosure and Biffy headlining with FOB subbing* would've looked much stronger than what they've actually done imo, despite being almost identical

*i know i argued that Biffy should be co-headlining, which i think they should - but just not with FOB

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Disclosure as a headliner is a little odd - it'd make more sense to bill them as a closing set and let Foals have the headliner position outright (i know you'll disagree on that last point gazza, but it's true). Foals headlining with a closing set from Disclosure and Biffy headlining with FOB subbing* would've looked much stronger than what they've actually done imo, despite being almost identical

*i know i argued that Biffy should be co-headlining, which i think they should - but just not with FOB

100% agree with this. Having 2 sets of coheadliners just looks like lazy/poor organisation. This would look a lot more thought out and seem like a stronger lineup

1 minute ago, DirtyChorizo said:

fucking hell, i probably couldn't be assed to sit through disclosure after i had just seen foals, that would be a huge anti-climax, they should just sub, house music should probably stay away from the headliners spots

i'm sure the hoards of people off their nut on pills and MDMA would beg to differ