Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, King101 said:

I think Biffy probably had their eyes set on Glasto this year and when it became clear that wouldn't happen they were left having to pick up whatever offer they could get.  Seems like a panic move on both sides.

Maybe. I think they'd have known early on that they weren't. Perhaps Soni had them in the basket or something. IDK, I can't speculate about this stuff about the goings on between fests without feeling terribly ashamed for doing so.

7 minutes ago, kev1664 said:

Still wouldn't explain why they wouldn't just ask Biffy outright, unless they have other plans that conflict a headline performance.

This is the only thing I can think of, if they are subbing Glasto as well and they didn'y have a sub fill in so FOB got a bump. If Biffy aren't actually announced for a proper set at Glasto as it seems the only logical one then I think FOB were co-s anyway.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i guess they could be playing lower down at another festival, but they're still essentially headlining R/L so wouldnt make much sense. i'm guessing that FR thought bringing them back to headline alone again would look weak, especially with Foals and Disclosure already being bump up headliners, so they just added another headliner in an attempt to sweeten the deal, even though it's probably done the opposite of that in many peoples eyes

So you think bringing a headliner that sold their day out to headline on their own would look weaker than them now having them share it with a band you say aren't there yet? FOB as a sub would look a lot stronger although in truth they are massively bigger than any sub last year....at the time of booking at least.

12 minutes ago, supreme said:

reading_2015_line-up_final_24.08.thumb.p

Probably loads of wrong placings, but just made this quickly, hoping it turns out something similar to that.

i'd rather disclosure just sub foals tbh, they'll put me to sleep. Also i'd imagine they'd put the vaccines and catfish on the main stage, as it would make it look much stronger.

Edited by BerniesYourDad

1 minute ago, #FreeComTruise said:

Tbf I think Courteeners > 1975 > Foals > Disclosure would go down very well with Reading's clientele 

Doesn't make it any less shit, nock Disclosure on the head and put somebody like Foo fighters or Kasabian or Arctic Monkeys or something of that ilk and all of a sudden it looks as strong as what was fairly standard pre 2013.

12 minutes ago, supreme said:

reading_2015_line-up_final_24.08.thumb.p

Probably loads of wrong placings, but just made this quickly, hoping it turns out something similar to that.

That Saturday is the worst day I can remember at the festival since I have been taking notice of it.

Unfortunately, Sunday top isn't going to be that strong, ADTR would just be playing the same, probably won't play at all.

Jack U will be opposite RHCP I think and CATB played that slot last year, but I think you're headers are probably correct. I think below 4th everyday though it's all poor.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Neil's best guess at the final headliner was Foos up until recently - i wonder if they were pencilled in but decided to continue their hiatus instead

But it wasn't based on anything concrete as such, only there was something going on with scheduling. Foo's aren't going to piss Reading about like that. Thing is if Disclosure are closing Other at Glasto and Biffy and Foals are also doing Glasto then who's buying a Reading ticket? 

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

But it wasn't based on anything concrete as such, only there was something going on with scheduling. Foo's aren't going to piss Reading about like that. Thing is if Disclosure are closing Other at Glasto and Biffy and Foals are also doing Glasto then who's buying a Reading ticket? 

People who aren't going to Glasto.

Just now, thewayiam said:

i doubt all three of those are playing. Disclosure have now been announced for their own festival so that may well be the only reason for their lack of exclusivity. i personally don't think Biffy will be there - think they'll be headlining a smaller fest elsewhere. Glasgow Summer Sessions or something. guess we'll have to wait and see what kind of exclusivity is attached to their R/L shows. Foals i have the most faith in as i can't see why they wouldn't have been announced as an exclusive if they weren't elsewhere, and i duno where that elsewhere would be

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i doubt all three of those are playing. Disclosure have now been announced for their own festival so that may well be the only reason for their lack of exclusivity. i personally don't think Biffy will be there - think they'll be headlining a smaller fest elsewhere. Glasgow Summer Sessions or something. guess we'll have to wait and see what kind of exclusivity is attached to their R/L shows. Foals i have the most faith in as i can't see why they wouldn't have been announced as an exclusive if they weren't elsewhere, and i duno where that elsewhere would be

And there's a load of Foals @ Glasto info.

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

And there's a load of Foals @ Glasto info.

y'know i totally forgot there was more to it than the lack of exclusive at R/L! definitely can't see both Foals and Biffy being there, as my assumption was that one of them would sub one of Muse or Radiohead - two of R/Ls headliners subbing two of Glastonbury's headliners would be too good to be true, and considering Biffy are already an established headliner at this time, they seem the least likely

Aye where's the twat that outright said "Biffy aren't playing"????

i think OR made Biffy big but opposites made them massive, in terms of headlining some of the biggest festivals in the world. 

Their new song which was played at the Edinburgh gig (On a bang) sounded like a heavy but basic hard rock song but I don't think that'll be the main direction of their new album. I'm taking this from the fact that the jokes on us was the first live track Biffy played from opposites. 

Just a wish but I'd love them to close sets with jaggy snake...please Si

2 minutes ago, hamishrankin said:

Aye where's the twat that outright said "Biffy aren't playing"????

that guy constantly makes outlandish claims about festivals that he has no knowledge of. up until about a month ago he was claiming Sonisphere was still going ahead

Edited by FloorFiller

Just now, hamishrankin said:

i think OR made Biffy big but opposites made them massive, in terms of headlining some of the biggest festivals in the world. 

They were announced for R+L the week after Opposites was released so it can't have affected that, and I'm not sure if they've headlined bigger than that, unless T is bigger than Reading.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

They were announced for R+L the week after Opposites was released so it can't have affected that, and I'm not sure if they've headlined bigger than that, unless T is bigger than Reading.

i think the info of Glastonbury apparently not thinking they're big enough is pretty telling as well, especially as a lot of people thought they were a shoe in for it this year

41 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Glasto is a buy before you know deal, Reading is not. Only people who are planning on going to both are affected by announcements such as Foals playing both. For everyone else it doesn't really matter.

I have to admit I don't like Biffy Clyro (nor do i know much about them), but after their 2013 headline set I expected them to keep going onto headlining Glastonbury. I really thought they would make a case for themselves, from what I'm reading on here though maybe I am wrong? 

There must have been a serious cock up at FR for this to have happen.

12 minutes ago, RedBalloon said:

I have to admit I don't like Biffy Clyro (nor do i know much about them), but after their 2013 headline set I expected them to keep going onto headlining Glastonbury. I really thought they would make a case for themselves, from what I'm reading on here though maybe I am wrong? 

There must have been a serious cock up at FR for this to have happen.

Neil heard that Glastonbury apparently see them as too small to headline, so something must've happened as they were seemingly on the up a few years ago

as for what's happened with R/L's headliners this year, yeah it does seem like something massively fucked up and they've panic booked Biffy and FOB to co-headline. the fact that 4 out of the 5 headliners have all played the festival just 3 years ago also doesn't help the already weak bookings

Edited by FloorFiller