Tame Impala

Brad2434

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

man if Tame Impala then up being the Saturday sub then... well, fuck them! although i can't think of many other places they could fit in, unless we've got something wrong and they're third on the Pyramid one day

Didnt we have a spare JP headline spot? Assuming TDCC arent taking that one?

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Kevin Parker is at the festival playing Shangri-La with Mark Ronson so people assuming he'll bring Tame Impala along with him

If Tame Impala aren't there now, my mind will never understand anything ever again

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Kevin Parker is at the festival playing Shangri-La with Mark Ronson so people assuming he'll bring Tame Impala along with him

Jesus that wasn't news I was expecting from the Shangri La announcement. :lol:

I'm not usually very optimistic but that's a brilliant sign.

be a pretty great surprise if they end up being announced (just not in the Saturday sub position...). didn't think we'd have anything that big left to announce but then i guess Burt Bacharach wasn't announced until the full lineup reveal last year so not that far off

Nah, I tell you why I don't reckon they'll play, it's cos there's not the right slot for them. Where could they play? Not headlining Other, they're all sewn up. On the Pyramid? OK, where? subbing? not sure about that. 3rd down, probably too small for them. John peel? again too small. If they do confirm, it's the final nail in the coffin of the Radiohead rumours. And I can't see that happening, can't see Tame Impala subbing Adele

8 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Nah, I tell you why I don't reckon they'll play, it's cos there's not the right slot for them. Where could they play? Not headlining Other, they're all sewn up. On the Pyramid? OK, where? subbing? not sure about that. 3rd down, probably too small for them. John peel? again too small. If they do confirm, it's the final nail in the coffin of the Radiohead rumours. And I can't see that happening, can't see Tame Impala subbing Adele

3rd down on the Pyramid is exactly their level. 

2 minutes ago, Mardy said:

our thoughts of ZZ Top being third on the Pyramid could be off, which would leave an open slot for either Beck or Tame Impala to fit in above them (the other taking the Sunday third slot). although i do agree the lineup is looking awfully jam packed up top as it is

Muse, Foals, Tame Impala, ZZ Top

Adele, Radiohead, Last Shadow Puppets, Madness

Coldplay, Ellie Goulding, Beck, ELO

an insanely strong top lineup regardless of it it's to your taste, even if you remove Radiohead from the equation

6 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I think the Radiohead rumour is simply that they're playing, and the Adele sub thing is just a weird theory.

Definitely think they can sub the Pyramid. They're bigger than or on a level with most recent Pyramid subs, Could even be third down that day as we don't actually know The Last Shadow Puppets are third down Saturday; it's just a theory again.

Edited by dentalplan