The Maccabees

simonsimondock

1. It was confirmed on his thread on here a while back and the verdict to his absence on the poster was pretty much unanimously that he'll get announced with the next list of acts

2. People seem confident Chems/DeadMau5 are other headliners, but there's loads more doubt about Rudimental/Ben Howard possibly headlining it and I'm not alone in thinking we're missing an other headliner

3. Quite a few people (Neil included if I remember right) reckon Saturday's other headliner is gonna be a rockier act to counterbalance Kanye and none of Chems/Ben Howard/DeadMau5/Rudimental fit that

4. While it is tricky to guess where he'll play and if him appearing will be with his band or not. I think he can be considered an other stage headline sized act.

Frank turner is playing solo. So expect him to be playing very low.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. It was confirmed on his thread on here a while back and the verdict to his absence on the poster was pretty much unanimously that he'll get announced with the next list of acts

2. People seem confident Chems/DeadMau5 are other headliners, but there's loads more doubt about Rudimental/Ben Howard possibly headlining it and I'm not alone in thinking we're missing an other headliner

3. Quite a few people (Neil included if I remember right) reckon Saturday's other headliner is gonna be a rockier act to counterbalance Kanye and none of Chems/Ben Howard/DeadMau5/Rudimental fit that

4. While it is tricky to guess where he'll play and if him appearing will be with his band or not. I think he can be considered an other stage headline sized act.

Yup Frank will get added with the main lineup next month but I doubt he'll headline Other Stage at all. I think all your subs are probably right for that stage and quite possibly the two respective Friday/Sunday headers. Your 3rd's are bound to be close but I don't think Hozier can play anything but Sunday it was said a while back.

Rudimental won't be headlining, was never going to happen. And Neil would be right, the Kanye Other opposite reeks of a rockier act! It's not going to be a dancey one.

Edited by thewayiam

Maccabees are a band that must have passed me by. Never heard anything of theirs until today on 6Music when they played the new single. Have to say I loved it on first listen. Might have to dip into the back catalogue.

Have to say Gaz Coombes new album is great too. He'll be ace on the Park.

Maccabees are a band that must have passed me by. Never heard anything of theirs until today on 6Music when they played the new single. Have to say I loved it on first listen. Might have to dip into the back catalogue.

Have to say Gaz Coombes new album is great too. He'll be ace on the Park.

Nothing better than discovering a band who have a few albums out for the first time and really getting into them. Colour It In is and incredibly easy listen with some top class tunes. Great feeling music. Their second one is another great listen and you can hear their change in direction, the third one has one or two of the best tracks they've ever written. Let us know what you think!

I actually haven't heard their new single yet myself!

Edited by Stokesy10

Anyone else think Maccabees are likely to headline the JP?

They really should be looking to step up to Other sub but given that we think the Other subs are already nailed on, I think they'd be better suited to an indoor headline set than 3rd/4th outdoors.

If that happened it would make the festival for me. The perfect scenario would be JPT, the sound and atmosphere would be a piss take.

• 4 weeks later...

They were great, as always, in Manchester last night. The live songs off the new album are sounding great .. Just wish they'd hurry up and announce when it's out!

Depending where and when they play - they could be a real highlight of the festival!

They were great, as always, in Manchester last night. The live songs off the new album are sounding great .. Just wish they'd hurry up and announce when it's out!

Depending where and when they play - they could be a real highlight of the festival!

Part of me really wants them to headline but given the choices likely already I don't want a clash. Can't believe they still play Latchmere live though.

Part of me really wants them to headline but given the choices likely already I don't want a clash. Can't believe they still play Latchmere live though.

I'm the same. Other Sub / 3rd would be great for them I think. They'll get a decent crowd I should imagine.

They don't usually play Latchmere live. I've seen them more times that I can remember but that's the first time they've played it in a gig I've been to in about 4/5 years. Was a very welcome surprise last night!

I love how their albums have matured so much with each release.

I'm the same. Other Sub / 3rd would be great for them I think. They'll get a decent crowd I should imagine.

They don't usually play Latchmere live. I've seen them more times that I can remember but that's the first time they've played it in a gig I've been to in about 4/5 years. Was a very welcome surprise last night!

I love how their albums have matured so much with each release.

Yes 3rd down on Sunday other behind Jamie T and Chems would be mega. though I'd defo miss the Chems to see the festival in at the JPT. that's looking likely to be FFS though. Maybe they'll give something away today as on Live lounge I believe.

Ive liked the Maccabbees albums and saw them live in a support slot last year and was a bit underwhelmed, they seemed to lack a presence I thought. On that basis I was willing to move on from them, however, the new tune is absolutely brilliant, and so I'm going to try and catch them at the festival for a second chance live. :)

Ive liked the Maccabbees albums and saw them live in a support slot last year and was a bit underwhelmed, they seemed to lack a presence I thought. On that basis I was willing to move on from them, however, the new tune is absolutely brilliant, and so I'm going to try and catch them at the festival for a second chance live. :)

Support slot? I assume this was Kasabian arena tour?

You cannot judge a live act by a support slot at all .. The atmosphere is always dead as the audience aren't there to watch them, and most are still around the bars before the main act.

If you are a fan of them I can assure you that they're great live. Watch them at Glastonbury and you won't regret it!

Support slot? I assume this was Kasabian arena tour?

You cannot judge a live act by a support slot at all .. The atmosphere is always dead as the audience aren't there to watch them, and most are still around the bars before the main act.

If you are a fan of them I can assure you that they're great live. Watch them at Glastonbury and you won't regret it!

Yeah, I didnt want to say as Kasabian are so hated around here ;)

But not just the atmosphere, they just stood and mumbled between tracks ... maybe it was a bit overwhelming for them? The LG Arena in Brum is quite a barn ...

Anyway, heres to seeing them on the farm!

Yeah they were great in Glasgow on Tuesday night, the new songs sound really good. I'm hoping for 3rd down Other as a clash with Kanye would be pretty bad for me.

I'm not sure the Kasabian tour, or arenas in general, is the best place to judge them as the way they were talking about that tour in Glasgow suggested they didn't enjoy it that much.

Weirdly the first time I saw Maccabees, despite loving the band, I hated them. They headlined a tent at Leeds festival and I just thought they were really dull, no energy to them and the songs seemed really slow (particularly after an energetic performance from Foster The People). A couple of months later though, I saw them support The Black Keys at the MEN arena and they absolutely smashed it. Reckon they're one of my must-sees at Glastonbury now.

Edited by Jamesthedrake

Saw them last night in Manchester cos my mate had a spare ticket. Always liked the albums but had only ever seen them at festivals before, which have always been a bit disappointing, but last night they blew me away - they definitely benefit from an indoor setting - and the new stuff sounds brilliant.

They were superb in Manchester last night as a few have said, they're a phonomenal live force & new songs sound top draw. The entire scenario of the arena shows with Kasabian really didn't do them justice.

Regarding Glasto I'm sticking with 3rd on other