The Maccabees

simonsimondock

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anybody got the presale link via email yet? I've been on their mailing list for a while and re-joined again yesterday just to make sure .. Still no email.

Are they on sale today or tomorrow?

Glad it's not just me!

I thought the presale was this morning but not had an email or anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I still think 3rd down on Other. Seems like there's more obvious acts for subbing it like Jamie T, Rudimental, Ben Howard etc

I was assuming Ben Howard & Rudimental were headlining the Other Stage?

Hmmm you're probably right though .. I just think they deserve a higher slot as they will be touring their 4th album and there has been some rubbish that has headlined/subbed that stage in previous years.

I was assuming Ben Howard & Rudimental were headlining the Other Stage?

Hmmm you're probably right though .. I just think they deserve a higher slot as they will be touring their 4th album and there has been some rubbish that has headlined/subbed that stage in previous years.

Well I think one of them might, with Deadmau5 and Chemical Brothers the other headliners. I'd like to see them sub it as I think they'd be better just as it's getting dark but I reckon 3rd is more likely.

My guess for the other stage...

DeadMau5

Rudimental

Hozier

Frank Turner

Ben Howard

The Maccabees

Chemical Brothers

Jamie T

Mark Ronson

Maccs will in my guess be part of a trio put there to please those unhappy with Pharrell/Kanye and will get a good crowd

My guess for the other stage...

DeadMau5

Rudimental

Hozier

Frank Turner

Ben Howard

The Maccabees

Chemical Brothers

Jamie T

Mark Ronson

Maccs will in my guess be part of a trio put there to please those unhappy with Pharrell/Kanye and will get a good crowd

why do you keep placing Frank Turner as an Other headliner? i don't see that at all, especially since he hasn't been announced yet - don't see why they'd hold back an Other headliner. think he's far more likely to play solo in a much lower slot

why do you keep placing Frank Turner as an Other headliner? i don't see that at all, especially since he hasn't been announced yet - don't see why they'd hold back an Other headliner. think he's far more likely to play solo in a much lower slotarrow-10x10.png

1. It was confirmed on his thread on here a while back and the verdict to his absence on the poster was pretty much unanimously that he'll get announced with the next list of acts

2. People seem confident Chems/DeadMau5 are other headliners, but there's loads more doubt about Rudimental/Ben Howard possibly headlining it and I'm not alone in thinking we're missing an other headliner

3. Quite a few people (Neil included if I remember right) reckon Saturday's other headliner is gonna be a rockier act to counterbalance Kanye and none of Chems/Ben Howard/DeadMau5/Rudimental fit that

4. While it is tricky to guess where he'll play and if him appearing will be with his band or not. I think he can be considered an other stage headline sized act.

why do you keep placing Frank Turner as an Other headliner? i don't see that at all, especially since he hasn't been announced yet - don't see why they'd hold back an Other headliner. think he's far more likely to play solo in a much lower slot

And because he is an absolute sack of utter shite.

Yeah his an over stage headliner, he has a certain obsessive following but his not really big enough to do it I don't think.

(I know Frank fans will pop up and say but Jake Bugg but I'd wager his more widely known than Frank.)

Edited by LondonTom

For what it's worth, ie. nothing, I have never heard a song of Frank Turner's and only on Googling his name did I discover he is both English and white.

I am clearly far removed from the target demographic for the Other Stage these days if people who I have never heard of are being considered headline material by some.

No bad thing... The Other Stage is kinda shite