2015 releases you're looking forward to

Amy Lawn

The new new Beach House album is quite good, it grew on me more after the first few songs which is the complete opposite to DC! 'One Thing', 'Common Girl' and 'Rough Song' were particular highlights.

yeah i'm enjoying it more than Depression Cherry on first few listens - seems to be a bit more variety in the music

Finally got to listen to the new John Grant for the first time this morning...and I'm not nearly as meh/pessimistic as others. I had heard four tracks live when he toured with the orchestra and liked them. They translate well to this record which I think will grow on me with more listens.

Yes, he is lyrically clunky at times, but his voice is like syrup on this record and my overriding feeling is that this record will be very good when performed live. I'm still really hoping he makes a return ot the Farm in June.

Ben

I can only echo what's already been said about Divers, what an outstanding album! I know the early releases (Sapokanikan/Leaving the City) were superb and her first 3 albums were equally brilliant but for some reason I still wasn't expecting her to have written ANOTHER masterpiece.

I'm finding it slightly more varied than the previous 3 and consequently I've been able to have it on repeat for the last 2 days without getting even slightly bored! I'm hoping she'll play Glastonbury next year but fortunately I have the tour next month to look forward to :D

Also had a proper listen to the new Deerhunter album and I'm loving that too. Might be time to delve into their back catalog a bit more.

Finally got to listen to the new John Grant for the first time this morning...and I'm not nearly as meh/pessimistic as others. I had heard four tracks live when he toured with the orchestra and liked them. They translate well to this record which I think will grow on me with more listens.

Yes, he is lyrically clunky at times, but his voice is like syrup on this record and my overriding feeling is that this record will be very good when performed live. I'm still really hoping he makes a return ot the Farm in June.

Ben

Saw him do a Rough Trade gig a couple of weeks ago and the new stuff is better live than on the album imo.

I can only echo what's already been said about Divers, what an outstanding album! I know the early releases (Sapokanikan/Leaving the City) were superb and her first 3 albums were equally brilliant but for some reason I still wasn't expecting her to have written ANOTHER masterpiece.

I'm finding it slightly more varied than the previous 3 and consequently I've been able to have it on repeat for the last 2 days without getting even slightly bored! I'm hoping she'll play Glastonbury next year but fortunately I have the tour next month to look forward to :D

Also had a proper listen to the new Deerhunter album and I'm loving that too. Might be time to delve into their back catalog a bit more.

Microcastle is the next place to go. If you prefer their poppier cuts, then Halcyon Digest. If you prefer their noisier cuts, then Cryptograms/Weird Era Cont. is the place to be.

http://m.pitchfork.com/news/61774-david-bowie-reportedly-releasing-new-album-blackstar-in-january/

New Bowie album next year with a single next month. Sounds interesting...

That's not a 2015 release yo.

Elsewhere in the story, which quotes a "Bowie insider" who claims to have heard the finished record, the full title track is said to contain "Gregorian chants, a soul section, various electronic beats and bleeps and Bowie's distinctive vocals."

Oh god. That's what they said about Drones.

Edited by dentalplan
DRONES

Elsewhere in the story, which quotes a "Bowie insider" who claims to have heard the finished record, the full title track is said to contain "Gregorian chants, a soul section, various electronic beats and bleeps and Bowie's distinctive vocals."

The single is :P 

But yeah, as I was posting it I was thinking we'll need a 2016 releases thread soon.

A choir of Bowies? Sign me up.

New Trust Fund is streaming. https://soundcloud.com/trust-fund/sets/seems-unfair-album

First impressions are that I might not like the most cohesive ‘full band’ music quite as much as the messier, lo-fi stuff, but I just love his lyrics so much that it’s guaranteed to be right up there with my favourites come the end of the year. 

Gonna have to wait until I get home to listen the new Grimes track - really looking forward to that album. 

new Grimes. love it. 

When she scrapped the album and released REALiTi and Go as one offs, I was worried she'd been scared away from making a stonking great pop album that would upset the Quietus crowd. Glad to see I was wrong.

Edit: Just seen she is including REALiTi on the album after all. 

Edited by Winslow Leach

Yeah, it's a pretty much perfect pop song. I know that she didn't consider the production finished before so she may well be tweaking it. Hopefully not too much, I thought it sounded great as it was.

On one of the editions of the album theres a bonus song 'Realiti (demo)' so I assume whatever's on the album is different to what was released earlier this year