Stage predictions

Matt42

FRIDAY

Pyramid -Muse, Paolo Nutini, Jessie J, Snoop Dogg, Of Monsters & Men, Jungle

Other - Calvin Harris, Ben Howard, Sam Smith, The Maccabees, Enter Shikari, The War on Drugs

West Holts - Thom Yorke, Jessie Ware, Mark Ronson

The Park - Beirut, Tame Impala, Yo La Tengo, Dry the River

John Peel - TV on the Radio, FKA Twigs, Jamie XX, Glass Animals

SATURDAY

Pyramid - Foo Fighters, Florence & the Machine, Two Door Cinema Club, Slash, Kodaline, Hozier

Other - Alt-J, Weezer, Jamie T, The Gaslight Anthem, The Temper Trap, Twin Atlantic

West Holts - Earth Wind & Fire, Royksopp, Flying Lotus

The Park - The Decemberists, First Aid Kit, The Afghan Whigs, Jose Gonzalez

John Peel - Gruff Rhys, Johnny Marr, Kele, Banks

SUNDAY

Pyramid - Elton John, Taylor Swift, Pharrell Williams, Diana Ross, Frank Turner, Alabama Shakes

Other - Noel Gallagher's HFB, Royal Blood, Lorde, La Roux, Band of Horses, The Joy Formidable

West Holts - Janelle Monae, Robyn, Run the Jewels

The Park - Caribou, Beach House, The Twilight Sad, Asgeir

John Peel - Friendly Fires, George Ezra, Marina & the Diamonds, Temples

Slash into two door would be very funny, i think i'd happily stick to the park and west holts if that was the line-up

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would love weezer but that blatantly won't happen! Snoop could be back, he seems to need the money these days, he's been DJing in Leeds on a Monday night for the students....

TBH give me Mik Artistik, Bramble FM, Caribou on the Park, some decent DJ's on Block 9 and beat Hotel and i'll be happy. I'm easily pleased.

If west holts could return to its pre 2014 glory that'd be great, it was a really underwhelming line up this year. lets have some decent disco/pop and Hip Hop on there please!

If hot chip wanted to play i wouldnt say no

I'm thinking something like this is looking possible at the moment:

FRIDAY

Pyramid - Prince, Lenny Kravtiz

Other - Alt-J, Placebo

SATURDAY

Pyramid - Foo Fighters, NGHFB

Other - Florence & the Machine, Royal Blood

SUNDAY

Pyramid - Coldplay (perhaps doing X&Y in full?), Taylor Swift

Other - The Libertines, Ben Howard

Friday:

Pyramid Stage:

Florence and the Machine

The Vaccines

Kendrick Lamar

Rudimental

Other Stage:

Faith No More

Jamie T

John Peel Stage:

Nero

Park Stage:

Thom Yorke

Saturday:

Pyramid Stage:

Foo Fighters

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Two Door Cinema Club

Sam Smith

Other Stage:

Calvin Harris

Ben Howard

Ride

John Peel Stage:

Underworld

Park Stage:

Flying Lotus

Sunday:

Pyramid Stage:

Fleetwood Mac

Taylor Swift

Pharell Williams

Diana Ross

Other Stage:

Alt-J

The Maccabees

Royal Blood

John Peel Stage:

Death From Above 1979

Enter Shikari

Park Stage:

Caribou

Don't really think FNM will play, but stuck them in due to a lack of ideas about any interesting Other Stage headliners which may be about.

Wouldn't mind that to be fair

• 1 month later...

I got bored today, so I came up with my prediction:

PYRAMID – PRINCE, FLORENCE & THE MACHINE, FOO FIGHTERS, TAYLOR SWIFT, PAOLO NUTINI, NOEL GALLGHER’S HIGH FLYING BIRDS, LIONEL RICHIE, LENNY KRAVTIZ, TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB, PHARRELL, THE ROOTS, SAM SMITH, KODALINE, HOZIER, GEORGE EZRA, JUNGLE, FKA TWIGS, ELLA EYRE, VANCE JOY, JAKE SHIMBUKARO, VERY SPECIAL GUEST HIS HOLINESS THE DALIA LAMA

OTHER – BJORK, ALT-J, THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS, JAMIE T, BEN HOWARD, PLACEBO, TAME IMPALA, ROYAL BLOOD, ROYKSOPP, OF MONSTERS & MEN, THE MACCABEES, THE WOMBATS, THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM, LA ROUX, TWIN ATLANTIC, THE TEMPER TRAP, TEGAN & SARAH, PEACE, THE GO! TEAM, DARLIA, CONOR OBEST, EAGULLS, SPECIAL GUESTS

WEST HOLTS – STEELY DAN, EARTH WIND & FIRE, GEORGE CLINTON & PARLIAMENT FUNKADELIC, JIMMY CLIFF, JESSIE WARE, ALABAMA SHAKES, CARIBOU, VINTAGE TROUBLE, BADBADNOTGOOD, ANGELIQUE KIDJO, MARIACHI EL BRONX, GARY CLARK JR, JOHN MAYALL, MELBOURNE SKA ORCHESTRA, SOJA, BLUE KING BROWN

THE PARK – WILD BEASTS, BELLE & SEBASTIAN, BAND OF HORSES, NICK MULVEY, FIRST AID KIT, BATTLES, FATHER JOHN MISTY, DAUGHTER, THE TWILIGHT SAD, THE ANTLERS, PANDA BEAR, STORNOWAY, PERFUME GENIUS, THE JOY FORMIDABLE, MELODY’S ECHO CHAMBER, JOHN BUTLER TRIO, BENJAMIN BOOKER, ALVVAYS, HUDSON TAYLOR

JOHN PEEL – FRIENDLY FIRES, SBTRKT, MODEST MOUSE, RUN THE JEWELS, MARINA & THE DIAMONDS, DJANGO DJANGO, GLASS ANIMALS, CLEAN BANDIT, KELE, TORO Y MOI, ST. LUCIA, FAT WHITE FAMILY, COLD WAR KIDS, MILKY CHANCE, YOUNG FATHERS, ARIEL PINK, FAT FREDDY’S DROP, JAMES BAY, VIC MENSA, SLAVES, CHET FAKER, CHILDHOOD, SUNSET SONS, SHURA

I think Coldplay are going to make a more stadium friendly album next as opposed to Ghosts and stadium tour with that.

Not really a Coldplay fan but X&Y has only got two decent songs on it I think

That above lineup is fantastic, I think you've nailed the other stage.

Not calling you mystic meg but

Other: BJORK, ALT-J, THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS, JAMIE T, BEN HOWARD, PLACEBO, TAME IMPALA, ROYAL BLOOD, ROYKSOPP, OF MONSTERS & MEN, THE MACCABEES,

I could see you being not far off the mark with that!

I think that's a pretty balanced, fairly realistic and very encouraging prediction.

Prince is always possible but unlikely, the west holts headliners seem to good to be true (for this forum's taste anyway), maybe maccabees 4th down on other seems too low, caribou headlining park instead of wild beasts, young fathers higher up or bigger stage... but i'm being nit picky.

Even if i ignore west holts... Prince on pyramid, belle and sebastian on park and chemical brothers on other is probably the best set of headliners i'd have ever had at the fest (though if i could swap the days for the latter two i'd be happier - not sure i could handle the chems on a sunday!)

Could anyone see The Strokes playing?

I'm only speculating here. They are doing Primavera sound this year, but not sure if they would do glasto given that it doesnt pay that much money.

I think they would be a fantastic Other Stage headliner

Could anyone see The Strokes playing?

I'm only speculating here. They are doing Primavera sound this year, but not sure if they would do glasto given that it doesnt pay that much money.

I think they would be a fantastic Other Stage headliner

I personally can't see the strokes appearing at glastonbury this year, but wouldn't it be chuffing splendid if they did

I got bored today, so I came up with my prediction:

THE PARK – WILD BEASTS, BELLE & SEBASTIAN, BAND OF HORSES, NICK MULVEY, FIRST AID KIT, BATTLES, FATHER JOHN MISTY, DAUGHTER, THE TWILIGHT SAD, THE ANTLERS, PANDA BEAR, STORNOWAY, PERFUME GENIUS, THE JOY FORMIDABLE, MELODY’S ECHO CHAMBER, JOHN BUTLER TRIO, BENJAMIN BOOKER, ALVVAYS, HUDSON TAYLOR

I'm hoping The Antlers will be higher up than that, but I'll take them playing at all, more than any other act. Pretty good lineup overall.

Here's me losing the plot with a fantasy line-up and weekend itinerary:

Friday:

Pyramid: Foo Fighters, Paolo Nutini, Kendrik Lamar, Lorde, Johnny Marr, Charlie XCX, Vintage Trouble, Marika Hackman

Other: Bjork, Royal Blood, Placebo, Ride, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Cribs, Django Django, Reignwolf, Last Shadow Puppets (Special Guests)

West Holts: Nas, Caribou, Of Montreal, Mavis Staples, Gary Clark Jr, Sonny Lee & The Lakers

John Peel: Friendly Fires, DFA1979, Run The Jewels, Public Service Broadcasting, The Staves

Park: Flying Lotus, Goat, Real Estate, Mac DeMarco, Cloud Nothings, Ex Hex, Angel Olsen, People Get Ready

Acoustic: Damien Rice, J Mascis

People Get Ready / The Cribs / Mavis Staples / Of Montreal / Bjork

Saturday:

Pyramid: AC/DC, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, Emile Sande, The Maccabees, George Ezra, Of Monsters & Men, Hozier, Years & Years

Other: Alt-J, Ben Howard, Suede, Robyn, Brand New, First Aid Kit, Conor Oberst, The Twilight Sad, Phil Selway

West Holts: Hot Chip, Jungle, Aloe Blacc, Grimes, The Go! Team, Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings

John Peel: Nero, Marina & The Diamonds, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Young Fathers, The Wedding Present

Park: Belle & Sebastian, The Antlers, Sky Ferreira, Kim Gordon, Will Butler, Kevin Drew, Dan Deacon, Lydia Ainsworth

Acoustic: Ocean Colour Scene, Thurston Moore

Lydia Ainsworth / Conor Oberst / Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings / The Go! Team / Grimes / Sky Ferreira / The Antlers / Belle & Sebastian

Sunday:

Pyramid: Florence & The Machine, Two Door Cinema Club, Iggy Pop, Lionel Richie, Jessie J, The Charlatans, Courtney Barnett, Dalai Lama

Other: New Order, Jamie T, Weezer, TV On The Radio, Jessie Ware, Gerard Way, Ryan Adams, Idlewild, Augustines

West Holts: Earth, Wind & Fire, George Clinton, SBTKRT, M83, Naomi Shelton & The Gospel Queens

John Peel: Tame Impala, Future Islands, FKA twigs, Sleater-Kinney, Alice Glass

Park: Patti Smith, Sharon Van Etten, Grizzly Bear, DIIV, Perfume Genius, Alvvays, Benjamin Booker

Acoustic: Sun Kill Moon, Idlewild

Alvvays / Perfume Genius / Sleater-Kinney / FKA twigs / Future Islands / New Order

Edited by bocumaroy

I'm hoping The Antlers will be higher up than that, but I'll take them playing at all, more than any other act. Pretty good lineup overall.

Here's me losing the plot with a fantasy line-up and weekend itinerary:

Friday:

Pyramid: Foo Fighters, Paolo Nutini, Kendrik Lamar, Lorde, Johnny Marr, Charlie XCX, Vintage Trouble, Marika Hackman

Other: Bjork, Royal Blood, Placebo, Ride, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Cribs, Django Django, Reignwolf, Last Shadow Puppets (Special Guests)

West Holts: Nas, Caribou, Of Montreal, Mavis Staples, Gary Clark Jr, Sonny Lee & The Lakers

John Peel: Friendly Fires, DFA1979, Run The Jewels, Public Service Broadcasting, The Staves

Park: Flying Lotus, Goat, Real Estate, Mac DeMarco, Cloud Nothings, Ex Hex, Angel Olsen, People Get Ready

Acoustic: Damien Rice, J Mascis

People Get Ready / The Cribs / Mavis Staples / Of Montreal / Bjork

Saturday:

Pyramid: AC/DC, Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds, Emile Sande, The Maccabees, George Ezra, Of Monsters & Men, Hozier, Years & Years

Other: Alt-J, Ben Howard, Suede, Robyn, Brand New, First Aid Kit, Conor Oberst, The Twilight Sad, Phil Selway

West Holts: Hot Chip, Jungle, Aloe Blacc, Grimes, The Go! Team, Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings

John Peel: Nero, Marina & The Diamonds, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Young Fathers, The Wedding Present

Park: Belle & Sebastian, The Antlers, Sky Ferreira, Kim Gordon, Will Butler, Kevin Drew, Dan Deacon, Lydia Ainsworth

Acoustic: Ocean Colour Scene, Thurston Moore

Lydia Ainsworth / Conor Oberst / Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings / The Go! Team / Grimes / Sky Ferreira / The Antlers / Belle & Sebastian

Sunday:

Pyramid: Florence & The Machine, Two Door Cinema Club, Iggy Pop, Lionel Richie, Jessie J, The Charlatans, Courtney Barnett, Dalai Lama

Other: New Order, Jamie T, Weezer, TV On The Radio, Jessie Ware, Gerard Way, Ryan Adams, Idlewild, Augustines

West Holts: Earth, Wind & Fire, George Clinton, SKTBT, M83, Naomi Shelton & The Gospel Queens

John Peel: Tame Impala, Future Islands, FKA twigs, Sleater-Kinney, Alice Glass

Park: Patti Smith, Sharon Van Etten, Grizzly Bear, DIIV, Perfume Genius, Alvvays, Benjamin Booker

Acoustic: Sun Kill Moon, Idlewild

Alvvays / Perfume Genius / Sleater-Kinney / FKA twigs / Future Islands / New Order

Yep, now we're talking

To split hairs though, Ryan Adams would be high on a smaller stage i think and of Montreal prob for the park rather than WH