Stage predictions

Matt42

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely not Radiohead. I think it could actually be Prince as Eavis was told he wasn't to speak of him, and so far he has been barely spoken of by any sort of media, so it might fall right for that booking. To be honest, when we get the headliners I think we'll look back and say "hang on, Eavis was talking shit". :P

just like every year, yet we never learn and base almost all of our headliner predictions off something he said immediately after the previous festival

would be pretty disappointing if Foos are the 'biggie' this year so i hope you're right about Prince because i can't think of who else it could possibly be (who would be so highly regarded)

just like every year, yet we never learn and base almost all of our headliner predictions off something he said immediately after the previous festival

would be pretty disappointing if Foos are the 'biggie' this year so i hope you're right about Prince because i can't think of who else it could possibly be (who would be so highly regarded)

Agreed, but could weak headliners make it easier for tickets next year? Hmmm.

I honestly think the Foos could be our massive headliner this year

they'l get a huge crowd and shit tonnes of media coverage, they are one of the biggest bands around. Just this forum doesn't typically like them, yet they are THE band that a lot of festivals have tried to get this year.

I honestly think the Foos could be our massive headliner this year

they'l get a huge crowd and shit tonnes of media coverage, they are one of the biggest bands around. Just this forum doesn't typically like them, yet they are THE band that a lot of festivals have tried to get this year.

yeah i think we've been spoilt with the last couple of years' huge acts really, because Foos (and their first headline set at Glastonbury) is a pretty big deal and they'll definitely appease the masses. but Foos, Florence/Elton... if those are two of the headliners, i feel the third still needs to be somebody pretty sizeable to make an impact. here's hoping for a wildcard (i don't wanna say Kanye but... Kanye)

I don't think Foos, Florence and Elton would be weak at all. Foo Fighters play a lot of big shows and festivals but they are comfortably one of the biggest bands in the world, Elton is one of the biggest musical artists of all time and Florence is an up and coming act here and worldwide. I get that there's no rarity within Foos, Florence and Elton but you can't knock it as a solid three.

Kanye would be quite a good booking but I don't think he would really strengthen that trio - he doesn't sell all that well over here.

Edited by dentalplan

for some reason i just can't see BOTH Florence and Elton playing - probably because i (and everybody else) has been predicting them both to be Sunday headliners, although i guess it's definitely possible that one of them could play another day. think i've just been hoping against both of them headlining / hoping that Glastonbury had something up it's sleeve

and yeah Kanye is more a selfish want than one that would benefit the festival

Here's one...
FRI
Py: Florence and the Machine, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Frank Ocean, Iggy Pop, Clean Bandit
OS: Faithless, Ben Howard, Metronomy, Hozier, Marina & the Diamonds
JP: Tame Impala, Chromeo, Glass Animals
Pa: Belle and Sebastian, Savages
WH: Earth Wind & Fire, Jungle
SAT
Py: P****e, Bjork, Electric Light Orchestra, George Ezra, Seasick Steve, Lianne La Havas
OS: The Libertines, The Maccabees, Ride, Charli XCX, Awolnation
JP: Royksopp, La Roux, Catfish and the Bottlemen
Pa: Caribou, Goat
WH: Damian Marley, Todd Terje
SUN
Py: Foo Fighters, The Vaccines, Sam Smith, Lionel Richie, Twin Atlantic
JP: Bastille, Future Islands, Run the Jewels
Pa: Joanna Newsom, Jose Gonzalez
WH: Giorgio Moroder, fka Twigs

Kanye would be quite a good booking but I don't think he would really strengthen that trio - he doesn't sell all that well over here.

Yeah. His day at Wireless didn't sell incredibly well last year, and then when he turned up he got the fest a load of negative press. As has been discussed before he also had the screens turned off for 75% of the set which would be an instant 'no' on the Pyramid.

Here's one...

FRI

Py: Florence and the Machine, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Frank Ocean, Iggy Pop, Clean Bandit

SAT

Py: P****e, Bjork, Electric Light Orchestra, George Ezra, Seasick Steve, Lianne La Havas

SUN

I's be happy enough with that. At least, I'd have a headliner every night which is instantly better than 2014. No way Bastille are playing the JP though.

Also, are Faithless back? That'd be cool.

You can tell me which ones are very odd - I won't be offended. :P

I think I moved someone on Sunday night as I didn't mean to have Bastille and Alt-J clashing. Royksopp would be better off there in hindsight but whatever.

Ok, well the ones that jumped out at me straight away:

Bjork- She'd be more suited to headlining the Other

Bastille- Far too big for JP

Faithless- Have I missed something, are they touring again?

Royksopp- JP doesn't seem like the right stage for them

Marina & the Diamonds- Far too high up

Yeah Faithless are meant to be back. The Chems were announced for SonneMondSterne and shared a poster with Faithless on it, and I believe the festival had loads of questions on social media about them and they didn't deny it.

I dunno if Marina and the Diamonds would be too high, that's middle of the Other Stage. Are they much less than that? I didn't realise Bastille were bigger than that to be honest but I'll trust you guys. Bjork and Royksopp probably would be more suited to other slots but I dunno, I feel they'd each be capable of those.

Here's one...
FRI
SAT
SUN

Park every night it is then.

Here's one...
FRI
SAT
SUN

Quite an underwhelmer in comparison to last year TBH.

my 1,000th prediction.. oh well have it!

always struggle to predict west holts (so I won't)

FRIDAY

Pyramid: AC/DC (only because), The Vaccines (or Libertines), Lenny Kravitz, Paloma Faith, Hozier

Other: Alt-J, Royal Blood, The Maccabees, Ride

JP: Nero, Marina & The Diamonds

Park: Caribou

SATURDAY

Pyramid: FOO FIGHTERS, Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds, Sam Smith, Ryan Adams, Charli XCX

Other: Bjork, Hot Chip, Death From Above 1979, Tyler The Creator

JP: Tame Impala, Enter Shikari

Park: Belle & Sebastian

SUNDAY

Pyramid: FLORENCE + THE MACHINE, The Strokes, George Ezra, Lionel Richie, FKA Twigs

Other: The Chemical Brothers, Ben Howard, Jungle

JP: Of Monsters & Men, Brand New

Park: Swans

Saturday other stage you have my upmost attention, your getting better Matt

I thought Bjork, Hot Chip was a great top 2.

I still consider Hot Chip other stage headliners but I don't think realistically they are anymore. Underneath Bjork would work so so well.

I thought Bjork, Hot Chip was a great top 2.

I still consider Hot Chip other stage headliners but I don't think realistically they are anymore. Underneath Bjork would work so so well.

I am also still of the belief they could headline, but in the current demographic of the festival they just wouldn't, as the sun sets to darkness blasting out their would be dreamy, DFA would work better in JP but them running into hot chip would be tremendous for me