Electronica/Dance

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, long post. Strap in. Got pretty obsessed about secret areas (piano bar, rabbit hole etc) in my earliest Glastonbury years and I happened to read this in the build up to the 2016 festival. Jus

Deadline for readying all the assets hitting now. They can't push it beyond the weekend – next 48hrs it's due. Suffice to say, no-one is walking away from this thread unhappy. Some absolute pearl

Happy to announce today that I have made it to the live finals of Bestival's Invaders of the Future competition, and will be competing for a slot at the festival this year next week

Posted Images

3 hours ago, rock the clock said:

Winters are for Northern Exposure 

Summers are for this 

Listen to 004 - Sasha - Global Underground 009 - San Francisco - Disc 1 (1998) by The Classic Mix CD Series on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/theclassicmixcdseries/sasha-global-underground-san-francisco-disc-1

Surely summers are for CD 1 Ibiza..? 
https://soundcloud.com/kona045/sasha-global-underground-013

4 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Surely summers are for CD 1 Ibiza..? 
https://soundcloud.com/kona045/sasha-global-underground-013

Haha, straight after I posted I was wondering if someone would come back with that. 

He really has such an A+ catalog of mixes. I think all of those mentioned recently on here are great examples of a DJ creating a tangible environment with their flow. Northern exposure genuinely feels like a long journey across the Arctic, it's astonishing 

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

Yep. It's expensive to buy a copy but is on Soundcloud, some nice person has even enabled it for download in 320 mp3 too from anyone who wants it.

Someone’s tried putting it together on Spotify 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3vG6H3zxlJrfx2nD9560z7?si=dwHEL7tESXiT7sN4pjMQ7Q

7 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Is it mixed?

No, just standard Spotify cross fade. It’s fine for having on while working but if you’re after a quality listen then don’t bother. 

This has made me think of a Podcast I listened to recently with Ewen Macintosh, Keith from The Office, where he talked about DJing at weddings as a side line from acting. This is a Verbatim quote: “When I was DJing with CDs it was a nightmare because I couldn’t do many requests but now with Spotify, and I’ve got a premium account, you can play literally anything. It even mixes it for you.”

It sounded like Office style cringe satire but there was nothing else in the interview to suggest that. 

Printworks postponed dates:

1590506458.png

£10 bar tab if you keep the ticket. Seeing as though I only paid £15 for Hybrid Minds, that's pretty solid.

Just annoying that Kings of the Rollers (Royal Rumble) clashes with Foals for me. Could always do the beginning of the event at Printworks and leave at like 6.30, I guess.

1 hour ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Printworks postponed dates:

1590506458.png

£10 bar tab if you keep the ticket. Seeing as though I only paid £15 for Hybrid Minds, that's pretty solid.

Just annoying that Kings of the Rollers (Royal Rumble) clashes with Foals for me. Could always do the beginning of the event at Printworks and leave at like 6.30, I guess.

Are we thinking that most large clubs (Printworks, WHP, Motion etc) will go straight to 2021 dates like this? Or do we think there's a chance we might have some stuff in Oct/Nov/Dec? 

14 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Are we thinking that most large clubs (Printworks, WHP, Motion etc) will go straight to 2021 dates like this? Or do we think there's a chance we might have some stuff in Oct/Nov/Dec? 

I have a friend who has mentioned that their label's event at Printworks in December isn't going ahead; he said that there's no events at Printworks at the end of the year as far as he is aware.

12 hours ago, rock the clock said:

Haha, straight after I posted I was wondering if someone would come back with that. 

He really has such an A+ catalog of mixes. I think all of those mentioned recently on here are great examples of a DJ creating a tangible environment with their flow. Northern exposure genuinely feels like a long journey across the Arctic, it's astonishing 

I've been listening to a lot of the old Global Underground, Renaissance and Northern Exposure mixes while in lockdown, it's great working from home music.

• Upvote 1

Sean Johnston is doing another live mix tomorrow night on Twitch. The last one a few weeks ago was excellent. Feels strange and bittersweet seeing him do his thing without the Guv'nor, although I'm sure he would approve!

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

If you told me Lady Gaga would make a electro techno breakbeat song with Elton John I would have thought you had taken too much acid

Was such a surprise to hear that the Elton featuring song was actually a dance banger instead of a ballad - always enjoy guest features taking them out of their element. Think it really works here, in a hilarious over the top way.

Edited by FloorFiller
7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Was such a surprise to hear that the Elton featuring song was actually a dance banger instead of a ballad - always enjoy guest features taking them out of their element. Think it really works here, in a hilarious over the top way.

I know! The end is so nuts.

10 hours ago, Matt42 said:

If you told me Lady Gaga would make a electro techno breakbeat song with Elton John I would have thought you had taken too much acid

unsure if it was mentioned on here before (i've been away for a while) but she had a playlist with a load of dance tracks - Mella Dee, cassius, Skream , Mall Grab, can't remember the rest but it was all pretty decent, non-gaga stuff. nice to see the influences coming through 

6 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

If we’re on about chilled-out Sasha mixes, this from a few years ago is very good:

Yes! This has some great moments. I would also add his resident advisor mix and 019 LNON podcast to his more leftfield/ chilled catalogue. Sublime stuff. His recent live chilled breaks set from his garden in Ibiza is top. Heres the RA studio set:
https://soundcloud.com/sashaofficial/resident-advisor-mix-491-sasha

Edited by danbailey80
On 5/29/2020 at 4:53 PM, Ddiamondd said:

Brand new Joy O UKG mix is really doing it for me. The man never misses!

I really enjoyed that Joy O mix

I've had this on a few times now and it's growing on me. Some interesting, if not confusing turns, but I like the approach 

Listen to Laila Sakini - Noods Radio - Sat 18, 2020 by Laila Sakini on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/laila-sakini/laila-sakini-noods-radio-sat-18-2020

(sorry I dunno how to do embedded soundcloud links)

Edited by rock the clock

Anyone else been watching Carl Cox’s vinyl sessions on sundays? I’ve really been enjoying them, he’s about to kick off again in a few minutes. A Saturday or Sunday afternoon vinyl set from him on the glade would be special. I’m thoroughly depressed I won’t be raving in the fields in a few weeks time. I really feel like I need it this year.