Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Sasha's latest podcast has a combination of 2 sets. One that would "have suited The Rabbit Hole" and the second hour is a later night Shangri La set... so assuming he was down to play these places...(rabbit prob a secret set like last time) 

It's hard listening as he drops some gorgeous stuff (Albion Air). It would have be gorgeous hearing that this year in the field...

https://soundcloud.com/last-night-on-earth/sasha-presents-last-night-on-earth-show-061

Edited by danbailey80
  • Upvote 1

On 7/17/2020 at 6:39 PM, Ddiamondd said:

Can confirm.

Brilliant news, that'll be a party and a half.

Part of me would rather they were on earlier so I'm in the full flow of things, but a closing set has a beautiful kind of energy to it. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Dekmantel threw a few sets up on their soundcloud in honour of the festival that should be happening today :(

https://dekmantel.com/editorial/unheard-recordings-dekmantel-festival

Ah man, every now and again I just get hit with the realisation of how many potential dancefloor moments we're all missing this year. The moments where you just know that nothing else matters. 

Saying that, I am going to Greece next week and their clubs are open...but it's just not quite the same. 

Should've been at Monegros Desert Festival right now. They did a live stream earlier today and announced 50% of next year's lineup (which is practically the same as this year's tbh). It's techno heavy so far and I've already picked up SPFDJ as a must-see. Anyone else I should be checking out from this lot?

Screenshot_20200801-232432.png

I’m seeing more and more parties popping up and big name djs playing them. Video of Amelie lens in Paris playing to a packed club with no social distancing.

i’m also hearing there are loads scheduled for London this weekend.

I just feel so conflicted because I know a few mates of mine are starting to think about going 😕 

Team,

Take a couple of moments to read to the bottom of the event in the link below.

Gaze in awe at the comprehensive fun-vacuum the promoters seem to have created.

Serious question - would anyone in this wonderful thread even dream of going to an event with this sort of set up?

I mean, whaaa????

If this is the interim solution then, sadly, I ain't going dancing any time soon...

Ben

Why Would Anyone Want To Go To This???

On 7/7/2020 at 9:53 AM, zahidf said:

Ermerging from lurker mode to HIGHLY recommend this - went along yesterday and it s superb. Even got a little dance in.

Ironically, the current social distancing restrictions probably makes this a far more pleasant experience than it would have been during normal times as the numbers are so strictly controlled. Loads of space, everyone in masks, never felt rushed at any of the exhibits. Loads of fun!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SophieBee said:

Ermerging from lurker mode to HIGHLY recommend this - went along yesterday and it s superb. Even got a little dance in.

Ironically, the current social distancing restrictions probably makes this a far more pleasant experience than it would have been during normal times as the numbers are so strictly controlled. Loads of space, everyone in masks, never felt rushed at any of the exhibits. Loads of fun!

Let me just out-lurker you and drop this video as an example of why you have to visit. It's an amazing 3D set of LEDs on poles that does 3D animations to some really... "block rocking beats" as I believe the kids call it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4NAiw2baWTQxyVM76

Oh and there's also a dancing cube. No really. A physical cube of poles that dances. And some 3D Kraftwerks... And rave flyers. Oh and that sparkly diamond skull thing. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RustyBee said:

Let me just out-lurker you and drop this video as an example of why you have to visit. It's an amazing 3D set of LEDs on poles that does 3D animations to some really... "block rocking beats" as I believe the kids call it.

Oh and there's also a dancing cube. No really. A physical cube of poles that dances. And some 3D Kraftwerks... And rave flyers. Oh and that sparkly diamond skull thing. 

WOW!

That looks fantastic! And serves only to remind me of how long ago my last rave in February feels now... :(

Thanks for sharing!

Ben

And, welcome to non-lurker status, @SophieBee and @RustyBee - welcome to the best thread on the forum!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Team,

Take a couple of moments to read to the bottom of the event in the link below.

Gaze in awe at the comprehensive fun-vacuum the promoters seem to have created.

Serious question - would anyone in this wonderful thread even dream of going to an event with this sort of set up?

I mean, whaaa????

If this is the interim solution then, sadly, I ain't going dancing any time soon...

Ben

Why Would Anyone Want To Go To This???

To answer your question Ben. It’s a no from me. Whilst I admire promoters trying to keep their heads above the water in this absolute shitstorm of a year, going to a joyless hellhole like this isn’t going to ease anyones suffering. Music is so much about community, connection and shared with experience that restrictions like these completely negate everything about live music I enjoy. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, zero000 said:

To answer your question Ben. It’s a no from me. Whilst I admire promoters trying to keep their heads above the water in this absolute shitstorm of a year, going to a joyless hellhole like this isn’t going to ease anyones suffering. Music is so much about community, connection and shared with experience that restrictions like these completely negate everything about live music I enjoy. 

The prosecution rests, m'lud

Ben
x

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 9:45 AM, RustyBee said:

Thanks for this. I will have to work out a trip to there, looks great.

50 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Me too. Good to hear him doing some stuff with beats again, even if it comes with some more ambient tracks (which I also enjoy).

Still holding onto the tiniest glimmer of hope that four months is a long time in CoronaLandTM and I get to see Mr Avery and friends rave it up in Manchester in the third week of December...

Ben