Electronica/Dance

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, long post. Strap in. Got pretty obsessed about secret areas (piano bar, rabbit hole etc) in my earliest Glastonbury years and I happened to read this in the build up to the 2016 festival. Jus

Deadline for readying all the assets hitting now. They can't push it beyond the weekend – next 48hrs it's due. Suffice to say, no-one is walking away from this thread unhappy. Some absolute pearl

Happy to announce today that I have made it to the live finals of Bestival's Invaders of the Future competition, and will be competing for a slot at the festival this year next week

Posted Images

Never commented on this thread, and not an electronic(a)/dance afficionado whatsoever, but I'm wondering if you guys think any of these acts might be at Glasto this year:

- Kaytranada

- Aphex Twin

- Hudson Mohawke

- DJ Jazzy Jeff

- DJ Premier

Also please bare in mind that I only listened to Aphex Twin for the first time about 2 days ago and know pretty much bugger all about him, so not aware if he's been retired for ages or anything so forgive me if it's stupid to ask if he'll be around haha

Aphex does what he wants. He did 2 live shows this year which is unusual for him. I don’t think he’ll be at glasto this year. If you’re just getting into aphex you should listen to selected ambient works 85 - 92 and then get stuck into the soundcloud dump. There’s some good playlists on YouTube. This one hits me. 

• Like 1

Yeah that track is sweet. I listened to a bit of Drukqs while at work and thought it was really interesting, but only got half way through and had to stop for a while and never got back round to it. Thought the opening track was absolutely beautiful so if he has other stuff like that then I'd like to check it out. 

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

We are all living in hope.

@mr flow seems to have some inside info about him being at Boomtown. So it's not completely mad or unfeasible.

But it's the hope that kills ya....

If he is playing Boomtown, I'd think that would make the chances of Glastonbury too very slim, sadly...

Ben

Just now, Guy Incognito said:

Let's have Giant Swan and Loraine James somewhere on the farm please!

I saw Giant Swan on the Glade on Sunday this year. My friends had no idea what to expect (and I didn't much)....We kind of stood there, half-dancing, half just listening/staring in awe at the (slightly sexual) spectacle before us. 

At the end I was like "you liked it...right??", And my friend was like " you know I like challenging music....that was IMMENSE!"

More of that please!

Just now, Sasperella said:

I saw Giant Swan on the Glade on Sunday this year. My friends had no idea what to expect (and I didn't much)....We kind of stood there, half-dancing, half just listening/staring in awe at the (slightly sexual) spectacle before us. 

At the end I was like "you liked it...right??", And my friend was like " you know I like challenging music....that was IMMENSE!"

More of that please!

That sounds class. I'll add that to the reasons that I regret not going to Glastonbury this year! Here's hoping that they're invited back in 2020 :)

On 12/19/2019 at 9:40 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Wotcha team

Hope everyone is smashing, and looking forward to Christmas.

I've just booked to see Sonja Moonear and Nicolas Lutz in February, and am excited to be hitting up a minimal rave.

I've heard good things about E1, but never been there, so what can I expect?

Ben
x

sometimes I've been and walked straight in, friendly security and lovely crowd... others I've queued for over an hour and the place has felt rammed. Soundststem is pretty good tho. Hope it's good for you. 

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, Sasperella said:

We are all living in hope.

@mr flow seems to have some inside info about him being at Boomtown. So it's not completely mad or unfeasible.

But it's the hope that kills ya....

On the plus side for you all, and certainly to my knowledge, i believe that Boomtown haven't ever tried to make an act an exclusive before. If Aphex is playing at Boomtown next year, and touring festivals, i'd actually say that makes him more likely to appear at Glastonbury...

Although I am still pointing out that Aphex at Boomtown certainly isn't 100% confirmed and happening, although the last i heard, it was at a very advanced stage.

10 minutes ago, mr flow said:

On the plus side for you all, and certainly to my knowledge, i believe that Boomtown haven't ever tried to make an act an exclusive before. If Aphex is playing at Boomtown next year, and touring festivals, i'd actually say that makes him more likely to appear at Glastonbury...

I've always liked you :D 

The dream is alive and well, guys!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
22 hours ago, mr flow said:

Although I am still pointing out that Aphex at Boomtown certainly isn't 100% confirmed and happening, although the last i heard, it was at a very advanced stage.

Been a long time since he’s done anything that resembles a tour and I don’t see why he’d start now. I refuse to get my hopes up for this!

posted in the headliners thread but this may be a better place for it: Bring Me The Horizon have released some experimental ambient/electronic house EP can imagine a lot of people are going to hate it but i'm half way through it and have loved it so far, would love to see them come back and do something a bit different like a DJ set where they play tracks exclusively off the new record + some of the more dance ones off of Amo like Nihilist Blues/Ouch/Fresh Bruises

•  
Edited by OnlyRevolutions
14 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Put this on IICON pls

Aaaaah IICON! You're right....I've been obsessed with the idea of Aphex on the Glade, but IICON has so much potential. The only thing I ended up seeing there last year was relatively empty but it would go off for Aphex I'm sure 

9 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

posted in the headliners thread but this may be a better place for it: Bring Me The Horizon have released some experimental ambient/electronic house EP can imagine a lot of people are going to hate it but i'm half way through it and have loved it so far, would love to see them come back and do something a bit different like a DJ set where they play tracks exclusively off the new record + some of the more dance ones off of Amo like Nihilist Blues/Ouch/Fresh Bruises

•  

I had to give this a few takes tbh

On 12/22/2019 at 12:12 AM, jackmerton said:

Yeah that track is sweet. I listened to a bit of Drukqs while at work and thought it was really interesting, but only got half way through and had to stop for a while and never got back round to it. Thought the opening track was absolutely beautiful so if he has other stuff like that then I'd like to check it out. 

I love this tune from Drukqs.