Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Daphni wasn't actually as decent as I was hoping, apart from a few quality tunes.

Unfortunately Digital Arpeggios is the only song from Four Tet that I remember, though it was quality!  What others did he play?  Did he do his remix of Eric Prydz Opus?

Well I was at the stage of the night where i was lucid enough to love everything I heard but not enough for my brain to register it and store it for future reference, so apart from Digital Arpeggios and See Saw by Jamie xx, I can't remember any specific tracks he played. Anyone else? What was the one with the massive build up and drop? I had enough time to have an entire text conversation with Matt about how long the build up was during that one.

Same with Floating Points. Loved it, but the only thing I specifically remember him playing was Outkast.

Haha, think we were chatting during his Opus remix, that definitely got played becuause down by the barrier for it - he played Sweet Like Chocolate Boy too apparently? I do remember Joy Orbison teasing the vocal to Big Toom Tech House DJ Tool - Tip because at that moment me and a random were screaming the words in each other's faces - the utter utter shame 

Haha, think we were chatting during his Opus remix, that definitely got played becuause down by the barrier for it - he played Sweet Like Chocolate Boy too apparently? I do remember Joy Orbison teasing the vocal to Big Toom Tech House DJ Tool - Tip because at that moment me and a random were screaming the words in each other's faces - the utter utter shame 

Yes! You're right, it was Opus, I remember it now. That track is an absolute monster live.

Don't know where I was for some of these - definitely missed out big room tech house and   Outkast being played. The night is a little hazy to be fair so don't remember too many specific tunes, sure someone dropped Plastic People though? 

Four Tet or FP for best set for me.

Edited by OBface

"This summer saw the likes of David Guetta, Axwell & Ingrosso, Hardwell, Armin van Buuren and Avicii hold residencies at Ushuaïa, with Calvin Harris, The Prodigy, Steve Angello and Disclosure also playing there."

Good god. Sad times indeed.

Just getting acquainted with Floating Points' new record.

It's really rather lovely, isn't it?

Any chance of a visit to the Farm for this talented chap, would you think? That would Float(ing) my late night Boat(ing) a treat...

Ben

Came here to post about Floating Points! It's fab. Streaming here: http://www.npr.org/2015/10/28/450599927/first-listen-floating-points-elaenia

Glastonbury doesn't seem to do too much mellow electronica, although Ulrich Schauss played a couple of years back. Here's hoping for next year.

I could definitely see him and band on West Holts sort of like Dorian Concept or Gaslamp Killer in 2015 or even Bonobo in 2014

I thought this was a good idea, until I thought about it a bit.

LOVED Dorian Concept's set last year - possibly my new find of the festival. I still listen to his latest album a lot.

With FloPo, I think the Dark Jazz/Ambient sound needs to be in the dark. I was thinking that they'd be pretty amazing at 0200h in The Rabbit Hole...

Ben

Glastonbury doesn't seem to do too much mellow electronica, although Ulrich Schauss played a couple of years back. Here's hoping for next year.

Went to see him Sunday morning as opposed to the 03:30 slot at Rabbit Hole! Was great, been wishing him back ever since, in a more accessible/friendly time slot. One can hope. 

Thanks for the floating point recommendation, new name for me, but been enjoying some tonight. Nice one.

i think there's a fair bit of chilled electronica at Glastonbury but it's often in the smaller hippy tents, mixmaster morris style dreamscape stuff. That might or might not be your bag.

Thanks for the floating point recommendation, new name for me, but been enjoying some tonight. Nice one.

i think there's a fair bit of chilled electronica at Glastonbury but it's often in the smaller hippy tents, mixmaster morris style dreamscape stuff. That might or might not be your bag.

Listened to it twice today, Mardy. Really, really loving this record so far. Brilliantly Jazzy. Silhouettes is fantastic!

Ben