Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 6 December 2015 at 10:37 PM, Mezhyp1 said:

Any of you lucky people going to Fabric for NYE? The line up is as good as I've seen in a long time, would be a tremendous night if I weren't 400 miles away 

I'm working, plus I generally try to avoid going out on NYE these days, but I do agree that the Fabric night looks ace. I'm actually a Fabric member and regularly travel to London to get my techno fix. Great club!

Edited by LeeGalvin

14 hours ago, LeeGalvin said:

I'm working, plus I generally try to avoid going out on NYE these days, but I do agree that the Fabric night looks ace. I'm actually a Fabric member and regularly travel to London to get my techno fix. Great club!

Went there for the first time the other week, my first time experiencing house and techno in a nightclub setting. Loco Dice was on and also DVS1. Wonderful, wonderful night. The speakers on the floor meant that I could feel the music go right through my body. Took my techno & house obsession to another level.

Edited by BlackHole2006
  • Upvote 1

for NYE I think I'd be going for Corsica - Roman Flugel and Midland, two of my favourites. Studio Spaces is strong too. Has anyone been to shapes for a night? I've been for a gig and it was shit. Opinions would be lovely - but £30 for a tiny warehouse on NYE, nah.

NYD Studio Spaces night is fucking excellent: Talabot, Boman, Move D, Ame, Jeremy Underground, then Fett Burger at Dance Tunnel, DJ Sprinkles + Young Marco at Phonox

43 minutes ago, Tuna said:

for NYE I think I'd be going for Corsica - Roman Flugel and Midland, two of my favourites. Studio Spaces is strong too. Has anyone been to shapes for a night? I've been for a gig and it was shit. Opinions would be lovely - but £30 for a tiny warehouse on NYE, nah.

NYD Studio Spaces night is fucking excellent: Talabot, Boman, Move D, Ame, Jeremy Underground, then Fett Burger at Dance Tunnel, DJ Sprinkles + Young Marco at Phonox

Talabot is playing subclub on NYE and Kerri Chandler takeover on NYD, could be a messy start to the new year 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I went to Shapes and thought it was awesome, but then I was watching an intimate Bonobo dj set so I could've been anywhere and loved it.

Speaking of which, anyone else going to Bonobo's Outlier event at Tobacco Docks in March?  He's just announced initial lineup

1898024_10153148016375689_44249834789139

3 minutes ago, OBface said:

Floating Points and George Fitzgerald are the stand outs for me.

Track wise Four Tet's mix of Leave No Trace and Bicep - Just

Sure there's others. Very quickly off the top of my head.

That Four Tet mix is a banger, absolutely brilliant 

album wise an honourable mention to Kölsch for 1983, brilliantly rounded record 

track wise, it's predictable, but Hot Chips remix of Queen of Peace was on repeat in my house for weeks, belter

Track wise in no order, just off the top of my head:

Open Eye Signal   (George Fitzgerald mix) - Jon Hopkins

Out of Line - Trente Cantrelle

Opus - Eric Prydz

Independence (Stephan barnem mix) - Agoria 

Blacklight - Kaiserdisco

Twilight Zone - Daniel Stefanik

And a tune or remix by Harvey McKay which escspes me!! I just can't remember the name.

Katy B is doing a project called Honey, where's she's going to be working with 'exciting' producers to make some records, first one has dropped this morning 

https://soundcloud.com/rinsefm/katyb-x-four-tet-x-floating-points-calm-down

Four Tet x Floating Points is definitely a scripture for something great 

I don't think Katy B makes the record any worse, but I'd actually like to hear it without Katy B, see what it's really all about

Edited by Mezhyp1

Few albums I've been listening to this year: 

Fort Romeau - Insides

Hudson Mohawke - Lanterns

Rabit - Communion 

Four Tet - Morning/Evening 

Jamie xx - In Colour

Going to be getting hold of the Arca, Floating Points and Oneohtrix Point Never albums with the inevitable glut of iTunes vouchers I get for Christmas.

Too many tracks to list, Mssingno has released a few bangers, the new Anohni track is amazing and the recent Marquis Hawkes ep has been on heavy rotation too.

1 hour ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Few albums I've been listening to this year: 

Fort Romeau - Insides

Hudson Mohawke - Lanterns

Rabit - Communion 

Four Tet - Morning/Evening 

Jamie xx - In Colour

Going to be getting hold of the Arca, Floating Points and Oneohtrix Point Never albums with the inevitable glut of iTunes vouchers I get for Christmas.

Too many tracks to list, Mssingno has released a few bangers, the new Anohni track is amazing and the recent Marquis Hawkes ep has been on heavy rotation too.

Did you like the Hud Mo album? I thought it was good but I've a few mates who were big fans and were pretty underwhelmed, he's playing in Glasgow tomorrow night, I don't have a ticket, but I may go along if I'm feeling the spur of the moment 

42 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Did you like the Hud Mo album? I thought it was good but I've a few mates who were big fans and were pretty underwhelmed, he's playing in Glasgow tomorrow night, I don't have a ticket, but I may go along if I'm feeling the spur of the moment 

Yeah was a touch underwhelmed myself but enjoyed it nonetheless, got some great moments in it.

I saw him live last night in London, the live show is brilliant, loads of older tracks and the support act littlebabyangel was pretty decent too, definitely recommend it 

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Might well go along, cheers Matt

Have any of you ever been to Bloc? The line up is tremendous this year, but it's in minehead butlins? Would like to hear about it before I committed to anything

Been to East Bloc on Old Street. Not quite sure that's what you were after, but you can't beat a good gay club.