Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

35 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

that's probably my biggest gripe about "electronic" music at Glastonbury, several styles or genres completely (or nearly) absent, and fuckloads of awful DnB. I love DnB, but there's so much amateur, badly produced, noisy crap, and there's loads of DJs and venues playing it at Glastonbury.

Hopefully to cheer you up, gd, a mate of mine spotted L U C Y hanging around inconspicuously on the Silver Hayes poster.

It's going to need a combination of an almighty clash plus totally shite slot placement to keep me from being at his set...

And there had better be a fair few of this thread's regulars there with me!

:)

Ben

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hopefully to cheer you up, gd, a mate of mine spotted L U C Y hanging around inconspicuously on the Silver Hayes poster.

It's going to need a combination of an almighty clash plus totally shite slot placement to keep me from being at his set...

Ben

This is so fucking good.  Just over an hour in and I'm a bit annoyed I'm going to have to pause it and go out.

On 2017-5-12 at 6:50 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Another thumbs up here for Tom Demac. Need to have a proper look through that line-up. Have never actually gone to see a specific set in the Unfairground.

Queues for Bez's always used to look enormous.

Ben

I always crawl under the tent to avoid the queues, only really works if you're alone and its not muddy though.

Tom Demac is brilliant, am just gonna post this here even if you've already heard it because it is belta

2 hours ago, OffshoreToon said:

This is so fucking good.  Just over an hour in and I'm a bit annoyed I'm going to have to pause it and go out.

Isn't it, Toon?

So, so pleased to have found that he's playing. Again, just hope he gets a really good slot. Thursday night late might be fantastic...

Ben

• Upvote 1

Isn't it, Toon?

So, so pleased to have found that he's playing. Again, just hope he gets a really good slot. Thursday night late might be fantastic...

Ben

I've told you about taking dodgy tips from strangers. 

17 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

I didn't realise L U C Y was Lucy. Though I've seen him before and was bored to tears so probably won't make a massive effort to be there. We shall see.

4 hours ago, Untz said:

I didn't realise L U C Y was Lucy. Though I've seen him before and was bored to tears so probably won't make a massive effort to be there. We shall see.

Where was that, Untz and what type of set did he play? That Berghain set above is pretty fab...hope he wold play similar at Glastonbury.

As another little rec, bleepy techno fans (like me) should check out the second half of the set below, featuring Shaded (in fact, the first half is my kind of stuff too, but no indication that Harvard Bass is at GF2017!)

I could see myself putting this in the schedule. I like the idea of specifically targeting a set in Unfairground.

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

Thursday Beat Hotel is normally always a great evening of likeminded folk. Thinking at NYC Hunee will be after Masters at Work till closing

3 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

How to people feel about going to multiple sets from one DJ at the festival? I'd love to see Hunee three times but part of me thinks I should pick one and see somebody else another time. I think if I was to pick one it'd be NYC Downlow. 

NYC will be the pick of the bunch imo. But given how a good DJ should read the room and vibe, I'm sure they'll all be different sets. Wouldn't feel too bad about seeing the same DJ a couple times personally, not quite the same as seeing a band a couple times. Especially if the first one is that good you want to see them again! 

Where was that, Untz and what type of set did he play? That Berghain set above is pretty fab...hope he wold play similar at Glastonbury.

This was at Fabric and it was a fairly standard techno set. It was a while ago and that Berghain set did sound alright so maybe. He'll probably end up playing the Wow tent in the early morning wedged in between other DJs that I don't want to see and I cba with that.

I could see myself putting this in the schedule. I like the idea of specifically targeting a set in Unfairground.

Ben

I've never managed to target a slot in the SW corner, has always been a free flow. This year however I fully intend to catch Sasha in the Unfairground. 

25 minutes ago, Untz said:

This was at Fabric and it was a fairly standard techno set. It was a while ago and that Berghain set did sound alright so maybe. He'll probably end up playing the Wow tent in the early morning wedged in between other DJs that I don't want to see and I cba with that.

Hi RA bet listing suggests he's playing Thursday. That's potentially great though, as you say Untz, wedged somewhere in a WOW line-up could be a bit crap.

I'd be happy to see him there so long as we're no where NEAR J.E.S.u.S crowd levels. I mean, that was pointless. No one was dancing. No-one could dance. It was absurdly crushed to the point of being a non-event.

Ben

'Serious' question, team.

I wear my preferences on my sleeve, as you know - am I correct in thinking that a Hunee set is unlikely to hold any interest for me?

I have o doubt that the guy is a genius on the decks, but in terms of what he's likely to play pretty much anywhere - e.g. BH or NYC - it's not gonna be for me, is it?

Ben

46 minutes ago, Jakkkkobz said:

Thursday Beat Hotel is normally always a great evening of likeminded folk. Thinking at NYC Hunee will be after Masters at Work till closing

Fuck me gently that sounds like an evening to remember 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I've never managed to target a slot in the SW corner, has always been a free flow. This year however I fully intend to catch Sasha in the Unfairground. 

I'm a bit more (ridiculously) scheduled than that, dan!

Over the 5 days there will likely be 15-20 acts in the SE Corner that I 'know' I will be going to see. And I will see them!

Ben