Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

Another little gem - Tom Demac highlight reel, showcasing stuff that would get me to his set. Opening acid track in particular is fantastic.

Ben

Bit tecchy at times but his new release is stellar

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

She should be, she's unbelievable 

We don't know though, as far as I'm aware there's been nothing to suggest either way 

would fit in very well in the beat hotel... heck maybe even that Jackmaster mastermix stage

Also, in a very sharey of music mood. Shame we didn't get Aphex this year

Just now, Tuna said:

Hunee will not be for you Ben. Surprised you went for JeSUS to be honest! 

My first Glastonbury, Tuna - didn't really know what the hell I was doing!

Thanks for confirming my feelings re: Hunee. Looks like I'll not be at the thread Beat Hotel Thursday love-in when he's on!

Ben

1 hour ago, Jakkkkobz said:

Thursday Beat Hotel is normally always a great evening of likeminded folk. Thinking at NYC Hunee will be after Masters at Work till closing

Oh lord, is this based on anything? Are MaW confirmed for Friday? 

Flaming lips -> Radiohead -> MaW -> Hunee ???

Fuck me 

3 minutes ago, your mother said:

Oh lord, is this based on anything? Are MaW confirmed for Friday? 

Flaming lips -> Radiohead -> MaW -> Hunee ???

Fuck me 

Sorry just guessing from my previous experiences of NYC line ups! I would guess MaW are in the Roger Sanchez slot

58 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

would fit in very well in the beat hotel... heck maybe even that Jackmaster mastermix stage

Also, in a very sharey of music mood. Shame we didn't get Aphex this year

Id see her anywhere but agree couldn't definitely see her in The Beat Hotel. 

I'm heading over to Primavera for the Thursday to take in Aphex Twin, Bon Iver, Henrik Schwarz, Jackmaster, Pender St Steppers, DJ Tennis and Ben UFO 

A nice pre glasto warm up in the sun 

2 hours ago, Jakkkkobz said:

Thursday Beat Hotel is normally always a great evening of likeminded folk. Thinking at NYC Hunee will be after Masters at Work till closing

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

NYC will be the pick of the bunch imo. But given how a good DJ should read the room and vibe, I'm sure they'll all be different sets. Wouldn't feel too bad about seeing the same DJ a couple times personally, not quite the same as seeing a band a couple times. Especially if the first one is that good you want to see them again! 

I know what you mean, I'll have to see what else is on at the same time. Suppose and NYC Downlow set is going to be different to a Beat Hotel set. MAW into Hunee would be one for the ages. I've always got Dek later this year to pick up on who I miss at Glastonbury anyway. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I'm hoping for Peggy Gou, Shanti Celeste, Ben UFO, Avalon Emerson, Joy Orbison in the Beat Hotel :) would be lovely

If Jackmasters mastermix evening is in the Beat Hotel you can be sure Peggy Gou will be there. 

I know its not going to happen, but i'd love any of the Giegling people to turn up, Konstantin/Leafar Legov/DJ Metatron. I think i might go to sunfall festival and take in the Giegling after party at Bloc 

Sorry if this is straying away from the flow of conversation at all but this will be my first glasto (never been able to get tickets but finally managed to get a way in by working on a friend of my dads clothes stall which will be fun).

Big into my techno, been to loads of festivals and that but obviously nothing like glasto. Obviously big name line ups are great and there's nothing like seeing the DJ's you want in the perfect environment but can't stand being crushed with loads of people unable to move, that basically that ruins a night for me.
Any tips on areas to avoid at what times or anything like that? Or is glasto not like that and the capacity of crowds pretty controlled? I don't mind waiting in a que to get in somewhere but just can't stand being sardined on the dance floor.

9 hours ago, joemason96 said:

Sorry if this is straying away from the flow of conversation at all but this will be my first glasto (never been able to get tickets but finally managed to get a way in by working on a friend of my dads clothes stall which will be fun).

Big into my techno, been to loads of festivals and that but obviously nothing like glasto. Obviously big name line ups are great and there's nothing like seeing the DJ's you want in the perfect environment but can't stand being crushed with loads of people unable to move, that basically that ruins a night for me.
Any tips on areas to avoid at what times or anything like that? Or is glasto not like that and the capacity of crowds pretty controlled? I don't mind waiting in a que to get in somewhere but just can't stand being sardined on the dance floor.

There's a few main late night areas. 

• Silver Hayes: AKA Dance Village. This is where your more mainstream stuff will be housed, typically. Bad for crowds in previous years due to pinch points. Stages include Sonic, WOW!, Blues, Gully.
  • Arcadia: Giant spider. Lots of pyro stuff. Has techno now and then. Me and Arcadia aren't the best of mates (re: sound) but a few people here love it. You've gotta get under the belly of the beast for the best sound. Open and outdoorsy, crowd is usually fairly well spread, as it has it's own field.
  • South East Corner: splits into a few places, in order you'll come to them - it's a semi one-way system to start
    • Block 9: NYC Downlow is the place to be for Detroit, Deep House, Disco. Expect to queue. Genosys plays host to a lot of techno, and had a revamp in sound in 2016. I can't comment on it but Mez, Ben, etc. will sing its praises. And it's outside, so crowd is usually dancey. Just stay away from the main path, of course. There's also the London Underground, which I've never been in so can't comment.
    • The Common: The Cave - a waterfall covered entrance, literally anything could be played in there. The Temple - this year doubling in size to 3K capacity - often has queues, but it's worth it. Plays host to the legendary Sunday B2Bs until 5am; also hosted AFX in 2014. This will be of interest to you. There's also the Rum Shack which is a sweaty little venue, but I've never been in there for a DJ set. Common and Block 9 are on one side of the railway track, with the other two on the other side.
    • Shangri-La: Will be hard to comment on this as it's having an overhaul this year, with the theme changing. Used to have a lot of little microvenues but seems to be more open this year. There's a lot of metal knocking about, with Napalm Death and all that.
    • Unfairground: Not my thing really - someone else can comment I'm sure - seems to be a lot of d'n'b and squelchier, higher BPM stuff here. 
  • The Glade: I'll leave someone else to comment on this - or more informatively, check out the thread. Sound is on point here though. LBHQ has moved here this year, which is hosting a (couple of?) Elrow nights. 
  • Stonebridge Bar: Up by the Park, less likely to have techno but has played host to daytime comedown Four Tet slots, Hessle Audio all nighters, etc. Can be pretty crowded, and is far away from the rest really, but can be very danceable and fun.
  • Beat Hotel: Behind Silver Hayes, they serve average pancakes during the day and good cocktails at night. Don't be discouraged by the crowds outside; inside and to the front is much more danceable. Good crowd, tends to be housier/funkier, haven't seen much techno over the years. Proper sweaty venue though! I'd say Beat Hotel and NYC Downlow are the only places that feel like club venues inside.

May well have missed something.. lineups are available for Silver Hayes, Glade, Block9, Shangri-La and the Unfairground as it stands.

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, Morgs74 said:

Just got back from an outstanding all night set from John Talabot.  So quality all the way through.  Chatted to him after though and unfortunately neither he or talaboman are visiting the farm this year :(

Ahhh ya bastard 

12 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

If Jackmasters mastermix evening is in the Beat Hotel you can be sure Peggy Gou will be there. 

I know its not going to happen, but i'd love any of the Giegling people to turn up, Konstantin/Leafar Legov/DJ Metatron. I think i might go to sunfall festival and take in the Giegling after party at Bloc 

I'm very surprised this is the first time the Giegling crew have been mentioned on here.

Honestly would love to see them on the farm but I just can’t see it happening I’m afraid.

I went to their Planet Giegling show at Village Underground and their night at Corsica at the end of 2016. I can confirm their utter brilliance and it’s hard to say I’ve ever been on a night with better music than them 2. They’ve got something completely unique going on and their sound is magical.

Metatron/Traumprinz/Prince of Denmark don’t DJ or play live, in fact, no one knows who he/she is, it’s a completely mystery.

Honestly couldn’t recommend that Bloc night anymore, I might even go myself if I’m not at Houghton Festival.

13 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I'm seeing her at Sunfall and a show in Cambridge soon but i really want Shanti there

her newest EP is pure summer vibes

https://www.kudosrecords.co.uk/release/idle043/shanti-celeste-make-time.html

1 hour ago, Cieran said:

I'm very surprised this is the first time the Giegling crew have been mentioned on here.

Honestly would love to see them on the farm but I just can’t see it happening I’m afraid.

I went to their Planet Giegling show at Village Underground and their night at Corsica at the end of 2016. I can confirm their utter brilliance and it’s hard to say I’ve ever been on a night with better music than them 2. They’ve got something completely unique going on and their sound is magical.

Metatron/Traumprinz/Prince of Denmark don’t DJ or play live, in fact, no one knows who he/she is, it’s a completely mystery.

Honestly couldn’t recommend that Bloc night anymore, I might even go myself if I’m not at Houghton Festival.

Absolute pioneers