Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

27 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

@bennyhana22 Sorry, no I meant maybe by this time in May all the decent coaches to London have gone so its 4am or nowt! Its the only logical explanation I can come up with as to why he'd he do that!!

But then some folk opt to come on Thursday out of choice, so what do I know...haha 

Arcadia next week....right? 

Not sure about London availability but there were lots of Birmingham returns available yesterday.

I know that because on discovering that See had given me an 0400h return, I promptly went and bought an 0830h National Express one back!

I know I probably would have had no issues getting a See Birmingham one at that time, but I just didn't want to be even thinking about a disaster getting home, when I've still got 2-3 hours to go in the Temple/Genosys etc!

:)

Ben

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Not sure about London availability but there were lots of Birmingham returns available yesterday.

I know that because on discovering that See had given me an 0400h return, I promptly went and bought an 0830h National Express one back!

I know I probably would have had no issues getting a See Birmingham one at that time, but I just didn't want to be even thinking about a disaster getting home, when I've still got 2-3 hours to go in the Temple/Genosys etc!

Ben

Yes, def agreed thats a total buzzkill.

I confess I was a bit lame on sunday last year....By around 11pm we'd had enough of the mud and couldnt be bothered with the SE corner so we stayed around silver hayes (esp as we were camped in rivermead and the sole of my friends walking boot had come off and his walking ability when shitfaced is bad at the best of times)....and were in the tent by 1am as we wanted to be up at 5am to go for train. I refuse to let that happen again!

Just now, Sasperella said:

I confess I was a bit lame on sunday last year....By around 11pm we'd had enough of the mud and couldnt be bothered with the SE corner so we stayed around silver hayes (esp as we were camped in rivermead and the sole of my friends walking boot had come off and his walking ability when shitfaced is bad at the best of times)....and were in the tent by 1am as we wanted to be up at 5am to go for train. I refuse to let that happen again!

Oh, you mustn't repeat that. Going through 'til 5am at Genosys with Felix Dickinson following Seth was just brilliant. I had wanted to finish off at the Temple but queues were huge and I was so happy at Genosys that I stayed.

I just SO want decent ground this year. I hate barely being able to lift my feet when dancing and by Sunday, like everywhere, the Genosys 'dancefloor' was pretty ridiculous!

Ben

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

So, Brackley?

Ben

6 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Don't worry....I don't have small town syndrome (I think) :-) Did u ever go over there?

Grew up in Padbury, little village on the Aylesbury road from Buckingham. Mum still lives in Buckingham. Used to go swimming in Brackley! Had a friend in Hinton in the Hedges (is that right?!)

Ben

On 10/05/2017 at 1:13 PM, Memory Man said:

Would anyone be interested in one solitary spare ticket for Black Madonna, Shanti Celeste & Ellen Allien at XOYO this friday?

For the bargain price of £6

I'm still going :D

I'm going as well! Can't wait - haven't been clubbing in ages because I was training for the marathon. Ready to cut loose now.

Saw Ellen allien years ago in Berlin and she was ace.

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Grew up in Padbury, little village on the Aylesbury road from Buckingham. Mum still lives in Buckingham. Used to go swimming in Brackley! Had a friend in Hinton in the Hedges (is that right?!)

Ben

Aaaah yeh I've heard of it. Yup, Hinton in the hedges is indeed a  actual place. Haha! I go back from time to time to see my Mum and mates and stuff, but I def couldnt have handled finishing school, getting married to a local and staying there forever. I'd probably have gone crazy by now...altho my Mum would def have preferred it I'm sure!

1 hour ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Anyone got the livestream for Matts thing? Can't seem to find it? 

Just checked his fb and he's put a link to a YouTube page for his competition. It's not live stream tho...

I'm pants at technology!! 

Edited by Curlygirl

2 minutes ago, Morgs74 said:

I've never been to the temple let alone on a Sunday night, can someone explain what the fuss is about?  

It's a cool venue. Last year Midland b2b Palms Trax and Ben UFO b2b Job Jobse. I mean, you could have that anywhere and it's be phenomenal 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, El Matador said:

I'm going as well! Can't wait - haven't been clubbing in ages because I was training for the marathon. Ready to cut loose now.

Saw Ellen allien years ago in Berlin and she was ace.

Brilliant, never seen Ellen so i'm looking forward! I know she is very infectious and gets right into it!

think there will be some b2b action? It shouldnt even be an issue but i love the fact its an all female line up :D and i say that as a man! 

7 hours ago, joemason96 said:

saw that skream and solardo both retweeted saying that they were doing a b2b set at arcadia, didn't notice an announcement or anything about it but there's a couple names for arcadia.

IMG_0440.PNG

Skream is playing Thursday night LBHQ with Elrow and b2b Solardo on Arcadia. I posted this a while ago and it went under the radar 

Understandably -_-

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Thanks for all the support! Didn't win the competition guys

but

stay tuned :P 

Bad luck, Matty - I truly thought it was fated for you to get to Bestival this year!

How good was the winner? Fair result or can we start speculating about match-fixing?

:D

Ben

9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Thanks for all the support! Didn't win the competition guys

but

stay tuned :P 

Oi oi cheeky. Hope all went well anyway - sounds like it might have.

Got a good feeling about today re: announcements. Let's hope it's a boogie-central one. Don't think I'll be able to join for Sunday at The Temple, gotta travel for work on Monday... :crazypilot: