Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 minutes ago, payneruk said:

Tweeted Eats Everything last night. He said he's playing an old skool set with Ellis Dee and MC Ribbz in Shangri-la.

And also doing about 5 sets over the weekend. Including one VERY special massive B2B on the Friday night.

No idea who though but I'm getting excited now :D

if its anything like that 'massive' b2b of Skream and Soldaro on Arcadia i wouldn't get too excited 

i fear Arcadia is being taken over by, what was it ghostdancer said, tank top selfie house 

1 hour ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Just saw this as well! £12 early entry is ridiculous value. 

Saw Joe Goddard last night in Brum. Set was marred with technical issues, but in a way made it more of a party once the music kicked back in. I'll definitely be there for his set at Glasto, unfortunately didn't get a chance to ask where he's playing.

I'll be there too, he's on my list of must-sees, I love the new album

5 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Bang on this. I got ripped to bits for slating it about 5-10 pages back :lol: it remains laughably terrible

I don't wanna resurface this really but the difference there was you had said Glastonbury accommodated too much of this style of dance music, and didn't have a refined enough taste. It's perfectly fine to be opinionated about the music - few of us in here will be excited by the prospect - but they'll get heaving crowds and go down excellently with Joe Public. 

All the while, the E/D crew can avoid Silver Hayes whilst still being spoilt for choice, because it's rare the late evening offering isn't stellar. It's the same system as the main stages: your Clean Bandits and George Ezras can take up premium real estate on the Pyramid whilst the rest of us can go gently jam to King Gizz up in the Park. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Looking positively on this, Lovebullets might take a bit of the strain away from The Beat Hotel, which should benefit from LBHQ not being in Shangri La 

Should also hopefully take some of the strain away from Shangri La as well. It's a good move IMO.

Yep they're definitely spreading things about a bit more. Haven't seen it discussed in here but the Deluxe Diner/Rocket Lounge page changed yesterday. The useful info:

The Legendary Gaz’s Rockin’  Blues will host the hottest of the Festival’s bands on Wednesday and Thursday nights.

On Friday Lemmy, Jonno and friends present Bugged Out’s Little Bugger.

On Saturday it is Futureboogie night with Dave Harvey and friends at the controls playing killer disco.

On Sunday night; Django Django takeover.   Django Django’s Dave Maclean and friends put down their instruments and pull out the vinyl for a night of killer tunes.

Stonebridge regulars moved about a bit - wonder if that area will have a couple of larger names to spread people even more around. Leaves room for a Hessle takeover again though :-)

Edited by Tuna

Yeah we heard a few days ago @stuartbert two hats

i think its very obvious that Glastonbury are trying to spread about the crowds at night. This is a really good line up for The Glade/LBHQ/Spaceport, whether you are in to it all or not is a different matter, but its really good.  

Shangri La has a seemingly very genre specific line up each night, which is obviously to try and attract a crowd there rather than people just passing through, i think it going to work really well too. 

We have an absolute wealth of night time entertainment already, with The Beat Hotel, The Common, Arcadia and Stonebridge still to come, im fucking excited by this year a lot 

i love this festival 

• Upvote 2