Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

10 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Should also hopefully take some of the strain away from Shangri La as well. It's a good move IMO.

Great point and I hope you're right! That line-up is tank top selfie house all over and should appeal to the masses. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Yeah we heard a few days ago @stuartbert two hats

i think its very obvious that Glastonbury are trying to spread about the crowds at night. This is a really good line up for The Glade/LBHQ/Spaceport, whether you are in to it all or not is a different matter, but its really good.  

Shangri La has a seemingly very genre specific line up each night, which is obviously to try and attract a crowd there rather than people just passing through, i think it going to work really well too. 

We have an absolute wealth of night time entertainment already, with The Beat Hotel, The Common, Arcadia and Stonebridge still to come, im fucking excited by this year a lot 

i love this festival 

I've ran out of upvotes already, but absolutely! We've still got Arcadia and The Beat Hotel lineups to come. Spoilt for choice this year.

8 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

LBHQ have said on fb that they're delighted to move to the glade so they can start their parties in the day time, they are on the thursday night a well

thats going to be a very big draw this year 

I think alot of newbies who are camping in Pennards/Oxlyers will find it alot easier this year and being so close to campsites will hopefully draw them away from Beat Hotel/Stonebridge and NYC

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Loving the glade line up... Little bit disappointed by lack of Talaboman. Do we still think they might appear somewhere...? 

Beat Hotel

*(if anywhere - since JT plays there a lot; also this is a prediction before Mez gets on my case :P)

Edited by Tuna

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Beat Hotel

*(if anywhere - since JT plays there a lot; also this is a prediction before Mez gets on my case :P)

:D ok good...ill keep the faith. That would actually be a lush little place for them! Cocktail in hand having a boogie (me, not them that is....)

Team...

I need a couple of you to cheer me up. I need a couple of you to reassure me that, across the site so far, we have enough stuff to make sure that I have a fantastic night on Fri/Sat/Sun.

need to be dancing from midnight to 6-7am for each of those nights. I need to. It's what keeps me going, makes me happy and provides my spiritual recharging. I struggle with cheesy, populist tech-house, as you know. I really don't do disco. Not everything that floats my boat has to be 'difficult', minimalist, elitist techno. But it pretty much has to be techno (I enjoy a bit of tech-jungle too...).

So far, all the announcements seem to be dripping with artists who will be spinning stuff that your casual clubber will cheer to, every time there's a horrendous 8-bar snare fill and big drop. 

Will someone, please just metaphorically give me a hug and tell me it's all going to be alright? With each area drop I am crossing off the list and telling myself to wait for the next. As I see it, I've only really got The Common and the Spider to go, and the Friday 'techno' night at Arcadia is already looking like tech-house cheese. I like The Beat Hotel, but it's finished at 2.30-3am and that IS NOT ENOUGH!!!

At this rate the consumables are looking like being 'needed' rather than for other reasons!

Come on, guys. Help me here...

:(

Ben

Stop being so glass half empty, for crying out loud. You've got The Common and Arcadia to come! And Stonebridge! And The Beat Hotel! If The Common is doubling capacity, you can bet your arse they've got something fat up their sleeve. And there's already a fair amount announced for you, no?

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Stop being so glass half empty, for crying out loud. You've got The Common and Arcadia to come! And Stonebridge! And The Beat Hotel! If The Common is doubling capacity, you can bet your arse they've got something fat up their sleeve. And there's already a fair amount announced for you, no?

I know, I know, Tuna

I realise I am being a bit of a moaner, and that's not me. It's just the bloody omnipresence of bloody disco-party-tech-house that I struggle with.

You're right. There is lots for me and there'll be more. And, FFS, I can only be at one set at any one time. Even me!

And Paranoid London under the Glade canopy could be absolutely blinding!

Right. I've had a word with myself. Back on track.

As you were. Many thanks for the cyber-faceslap. I do tend to over think these things...

:blink:

Ben
xx

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

I know, I know, Tuna

I realise I am being a bit of a moaner, and that's not me. It's just the bloody omnipresence of bloody disco-party-tech-house that I struggle with.

Oi less of the disco bashing!

Of to Black Madonna tonight for what turns out to be... a breaks night :lol:

Just now, Untz said:

I am looking forward to Ben's post after the full poster reveal where he complains about there being too many acts to see and not being able to handle the clashes.

I would pay money today to ensure that meal of humble pie, Untz!

As I have said a few times now and I won't get too beggy etc., but I dearly would like to be at some of these sets with some of you lot. Dancing with people who feel about it like you do makes the whole thing 10x better...

:)

Ben

i doubt Beat Hotel or Stonebridge will have much/anything of what you're after TBH.

Common is your best bet.

I have the same complaints, but I've accepted that Glastonbury isn't really the place for cutting edge tbh. it's a place where Eats Everything gets as many sets as he likes, the same DnB names appear every year playing the same stages as the previous year, and a hundred boring house DJs play the same stuff for hours on end. there's not going to be weird experimental stuff, there's not going to be bangin techno generally.

FWIW, I think Katharsis in Amsterdam in August (same weekend as Dekmantel) would be right up your street. 2 room warehouse, starts around 11, goes until 7am. 2 nights this year, Friday and Saturday.

Edited by ghostdancer1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Sorry, OB - I need to make sure I am always inclusive and not a narrow-minded techno-bore.

Admonishment duly accepted.

Ben

Was only messing with ya :P

Love my techno with the best of them. 

30 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Team...

I need a couple of you to cheer me up. I need a couple of you to reassure me that, across the site so far, we have enough stuff to make sure that I have a fantastic night on Fri/Sat/Sun.

need to be dancing from midnight to 6-7am for each of those nights. I need to. It's what keeps me going, makes me happy and provides my spiritual recharging. I struggle with cheesy, populist tech-house, as you know. I really don't do disco. Not everything that floats my boat has to be 'difficult', minimalist, elitist techno. But it pretty much has to be techno (I enjoy a bit of tech-jungle too...).

So far, all the announcements seem to be dripping with artists who will be spinning stuff that your casual clubber will cheer to, every time there's a horrendous 8-bar snare fill and big drop. 

Will someone, please just metaphorically give me a hug and tell me it's all going to be alright? With each area drop I am crossing off the list and telling myself to wait for the next. As I see it, I've only really got The Common and the Spider to go, and the Friday 'techno' night at Arcadia is already looking like tech-house cheese. I like The Beat Hotel, but it's finished at 2.30-3am and that IS NOT ENOUGH!!!

At this rate the consumables are looking like being 'needed' rather than for other reasons!

Come on, guys. Help me here...

:(

Ben

Ben

Have no fear, the hallowed turf of your spiritual home will not let you down, you may have to seek out your pleasure rather than it landing in your lap , but danceable 'tunes' you will find

Failing that I'll be searching out Indie guitar music so you can always join me ;-) (joking before anyone lynches me)

FF

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

i doubt Beat Hotel or Stonebridge will have much/anything of what you're after TBH.

Common is your best bet.

I have the same complaints, but I've accepted that Glastonbury isn't really the place for cutting edge tbh. it's a place where Eats Everything gets as many sets as he likes, the same DnB names appear every year playing the same stages as the previous year, and a hundred boring house DJs play the same stuff for hours on end. there's not going to be weird experimental stuff, there's not going to be bangin techno generally.

FWIW, I think Katharsis in Amsterdam in August (same weekend as Dekmantel) would be right up your street. 2 room warehouse, starts around 11, goes until 7am. 2 nights this year, Friday and Saturday.

Thanks, gd.

Well, it'll be my mission to seek out every last drop of the 'good stuff' from the area drops and the full line-up. And as Untz said, it will inevitably be a clashterfuck for me, as there are only so many sets you can get to!

RE: Katharsis - sadly, my personal set-up doesn't really 'allow' for multiple trips - I'm already doing two festivals this summer (taking Child 3 to his first) and that's a bonus. I'm kind of limited to local stuff outside of Glastonbury etc.

But I have George Fitzgerald Hiding Places in Brum four weeks from today where I intend to hone my Glastonbury resilience skills!

Ben

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

And Factory Floor will be pretty stellar too. Nice and bleepy and squelchy!

I'm BACK!

Ben

I def think Paranoid London and Factory Floor could be massive highlights on the Glade and obviously tick your boxes!

I aim to be in the thick of it for both! Hopefully more Squelchy from the sound system than underfoot!! :lol:

2 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Ben

Have no fear, the hallowed turf of your spiritual home will not let you down, you may have to seek out your pleasure rather than it landing in your lap , but danceable 'tunes' you will find

Failing that I'll be searching out Indie guitar music so you can always join me ;-) (joking before anyone lynches me)

FF

You come in here....with your indie guitar music....bold as brass...

I'll find danceable tunes, FF? I've already told you that at least one night you're with me...

Ben
x