Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 minute ago, danbailey80 said:

Speaking of classic trance Paul oakenfold confirmed in DJ mag article.

https://djmag.com/news/paul-oakenfold-announces-memoir-ready-steady-go-my-unstoppable-journey-dance

Cool. Clashes permitting will defo check that out. Where do we reckon? Hoping for a late night slot somewhere. 

1 hour ago, jimmillen said:

Cool. Clashes permitting will defo check that out. Where do we reckon? Hoping for a late night slot somewhere. 

yeah I'd love a bit of a late night set with that, but i'm reckoning somewhere like Glade or Sonic 

Edited by Obiginnaw
ah didn't scroll down to see that's already said, whoops

Max Cooper at the Roundhouse. 

Flippin' heck. That was quite the gig. It was a show postponed from pre-pandemic that was originally a one off, with Max intending to put on a bit of an A/V spectacular. When we saw that he'd now shoehorned the show into his tour for the new record, we were slightly worried that it would be great, but just another show in the tour. 

We needn't have worried. As far as I can tell he pretty much gave us the special show he had always intended, albeit augmented to include tracks from the new record. 

He played the whole thing, and at 3h10m is comfortably the longest set I've ever seen at a gig. It was a good job I looked at the tickets when we got to London and saw that the doors were at 6. Went onto Twitter to find him saying that he was going to play his IDM A/V stuff to start with and then rave it up a bit. And he did. 

The visuals were incredible and by some margin the best I've ever seen at a gig. He played with a huge screen behind him and his deck was itself behind a massive thin mesh curtain with a similar one either side of that. So, we had visuals behind him and projected up onto the curtain so that for much of the show you could barely see him behind, such was the size and scale of the projections. It was stunning. In the second half of the set he ramped it up, including 30 minutes of IDM-inflected DnB, the last of those tracks being dubstep! For someone who likes, but can not dance to, drum and bass (MASSIVE sub-bass at times), I was glad when he dropped a techno banger after that, extended out for 10 minutes. 

All in all, a triumph. I'm a bit sad to be in a car on the way home, rather than heading to his DJ set later at Village Underground, but I've got an all-nighter on Friday, so discretion is the better part of valour tonight. But Max is a bloody clever producer. 

Ben

• Upvote 7

Just now, TASHMA BWABWE said:

This means very little, but I just had a look through some DJ schedules on RA off the top of my head and all of those listed below currently have no bookings over Glastonbury weekend (while being booked to play elsewhere in both June & July) :

• Dave Clarke
  • Nina Kraviz
  • Ben Klock
  • Marcel Dettmann
  • Blawan
  • Helena Hauff
  • Job Jobse
  • Dasha Rush
  • Jamie Jones
  • Green Velvet
  • Sama Abdulhadi
  • Ross from Friends
  • DJ Koze
  • Ellen Allien
  • Ricardo Villalobos
  • Sasha & Digweed
  • Patrick Topping
  • Eats Everything
  • Paula Temple
  • KiNK

I'll be very pleased if at least a couple of the above make it to Worthy Farm this year.

Id feel very confident about JJ, EE,Kink and Topping. All been playing tonnes since lockdown ended. 

6 hours ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

This means very little, but I just had a look through some DJ schedules on RA off the top of my head and all of those listed below currently have no bookings over Glastonbury weekend (while being booked to play elsewhere in both June & July) :

• Dave Clarke
  • Nina Kraviz
  • Ben Klock
  • Marcel Dettmann
  • Blawan
  • Helena Hauff
  • Job Jobse
  • Dasha Rush
  • Jamie Jones
  • Green Velvet
  • Sama Abdulhadi
  • Ross from Friends
  • DJ Koze
  • Ellen Allien
  • Ricardo Villalobos
  • Sasha & Digweed
  • Patrick Topping
  • Eats Everything
  • Paula Temple
  • KiNK

I'll be very pleased if at least a couple of the above make it to Worthy Farm this year.

I think if the festival secured 25% of that group of names, the majority of this forum would be very happy. I'd say Eats is a definite and S&D have a history with the fest, particularly on the Glade. I've never seen KiNK live so that would be a welcome addition. I've said it before, I think the movement of Awakenings from Glastonbury weekend to August may pay dividends for the farm. Of course, there's probably lesser commercial reward for these acts to play G, but hopefully the mystique and cultural status of the festival will lure a few names that have steered clear in the past

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Id feel very confident about JJ, EE,Kink and Topping. All been playing tonnes since lockdown ended. 

EE is about as much of a lock as Norm these days isn’t he?! 

From that list I’d love Ross From Friends. Tread was one of my favourite albums of last year. 

11 hours ago, gfa said:

What was that tune he released a few years ago that was everywhere for months? you couldn't go out anywhere in Ireland without hearing it. I saw him at Electric Picnic a few years ago and he was great he'd be a good addition.

This is happening in Ireland a month before glasto, I would love to see some of these added.

LIFEFINAL-1-1024x1024.jpeg

Final night in Peru update for you all! 

Back in Lima and we met this Peruvian gal in the hostel bar who said there was an afters happening somewhere...

After lots of shepherding and working out who was going, we take a 35 minute Uber to the very outskirts of Lima (Lima is fucking massive) where we arrive at a beachside villa (house?) with the waves lapping on the beach below. 

Decks and a big system set up with lots of DJOKO style rollers and a big outdoor terrace turned into a bar. Mad and unexpected! Probablt about 80 people there. Rolled back to our airbnb around 10am. Currently dying. Same as it ever was. 

Back to Mexico tomorrow for two final weeks then it's home and Yard at Motion a week or so after I'm back with Gerd, Cardini, Dusky etc - should be a lovely time! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Final night in Peru update for you all! 

Back in Lima and we met this Peruvian gal in the hostel bar who said there was an afters happening somewhere...

After lots of shepherding and working out who was going, we take a 35 minute Uber to the very outskirts of Lima (Lima is fucking massive) where we arrive at a beachside villa (house?) with the waves lapping on the beach below. 

Decks and a big system set up with lots of DJOKO style rollers and a big outdoor terrace turned into a bar. Mad and unexpected! Probablt about 80 people there. Rolled back to our airbnb around 10am. Currently dying. Same as it ever was. 

Back to Mexico tomorrow for two final weeks then it's home and Yard at Motion a week or so after I'm back with Gerd, Cardini, Dusky etc - should be a lovely time! 

Glastonbury is going to be dull compared to your last three months! 

Enjoy the run-in, keep safe and let us know how the trip finishes. 

Saw Floating Points last night (Sunday) in Sydney in the most bizarre venue - a Mexican restaurant that closes on Sundays and becomes a party venue.

it was sick, he was great. 90 mins of funk and soul, then 90 mins of heavier stuff. Great Sunday set, he was really into it and energy in the room was great. His two new tracks sound cracking live.

10 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Special Request is Saturday night 11pm at the Stonebridge Bar. "SR Presents", expect guests...

FYI @Neil

Screenshot_20220403-215505.png

Well what a wonderful way to kick the week off! This will be incredible I’ll make a point to head to it for sure 

the thought of hearing ‘Family Doggo’ as the sun starts to come up is a special prospect 

Edited by Obiginnaw
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Well what a wonderful way to kick the week off! This will be incredible I’ll make a point to head to it for sure 

the thought of hearing ‘Family Doggo’ as the sun starts to come up is a special prospect 

Yep, it's probably my Saturday night sorted. Zip off from the Pyramid just as the last la la la's are fading out and make a beeline for the Stonebridge. Not a bad evening's entertainment.

That's what I love about Special Request. We'll be moving from the beautiful Family Doggo to well, anything off of the Modern Warfare EPs and everything in between. 

Excited to see who the guests will be, too...

19 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yep, it's probably my Saturday night sorted. Zip off from the Pyramid just as the last la la la's are fading out and make a beeline for the Stonebridge. Not a bad evening's entertainment.

That's what I love about Special Request. We'll be moving from the beautiful Family Doggo to well, anything off of the Modern Warfare EPs and everything in between. 

I think I’ll be very much the same, unsure what the group consensus will be , but I’ll head down that way straight from whatever stage I end up- didn’t really get to see the area properly in 2019 so it’ll be all new for me 

yeah the guests could be huge, the likes of Ben UFO, Sherelle , maybe even a little Four Tet set 👀 

Edited by Obiginnaw

49 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Fancy Chloe Robinson as a guest, they’ve had a few B2B sets and are pals I’m sure.