Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

14 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Absolutely class, Talabot had played the fest a few times so it would be cool of they turned up together 

Have a good evening, enjoy Karenn

Massive Talabot fan, bought tickets today to see him in London 14th May.  I only caught 30mins of his Beat Hotel set last year as we were catching up with mates.

To those who've seen him before, does he often play any of his own stuff in his dj sets?

3 hours ago, Morgs74 said:

Massive Talabot fan, bought tickets today to see him in London 14th May.  I only caught 30mins of his Beat Hotel set last year as we were catching up with mates.

To those who've seen him before, does he often play any of his own stuff in his dj sets?

If as expected The XX are playing Talabot likely to play a set with Jamie XX. Agree with all that the Talaboman is quality, takes a couple of listens as quite subtle in places but excellent overall. 

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Went to Annie Macs festival in Malta last year for a mates stag do, Artwork was Djing a daytime pool party we went to and it was a proper laugh. Best part of the weekend by far.

Child 1 is off to that this year, the jammy bugger. Line up is right up my street. AND he's going to Glastonbury. Kids, eh?

Ben

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

Child 1 is off to that this year, the jammy bugger. Line up is right up my street. AND he's going to Glastonbury. Kids, eh?

Ben

Child one shouldn't be too smug, the lineup when we went was brilliant too, but it was bloody cold, so they should pack their long johns.

*I think it's actually on a bit later this year so they might be ok.

14 hours ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Heidi and Seth Troxler b2b Tiga were excellent at Beat Hotel on the Thursday last year. One of my favourite Glasto nights... until the Brexit result broke out and I ultimately crashed down. 

Don't think I've (knowingly) been to Beat Hotel , tend to head to SE corner and find it rammo. Would be great to have some other options in mind. 

As for Brexit , must have been a kick in the teeth on a come down. Didn't go last year but hoping to go gung ho this time round. 

7 hours ago, nickharley said:

Don't think I've (knowingly) been to Beat Hotel , tend to head to SE corner and find it rammo. Would be great to have some other options in mind. 

As for Brexit , must have been a kick in the teeth on a come down. Didn't go last year but hoping to go gung ho this time round. 

I quite like the beat Hotel, they normally have good DJs and they serve San Miguel too. That said It can attract some nobs and the staff can be very stuck up too, the type that think they're doing you a favour to serve you. Had heard things about their club sandwich being really good so went in there on the Sunday to get one, ended up waiting over an hour for it while the staff were just pissing about.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

16 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I quite like the beat Hotel, they normally have good DJs and they serve San Miguel too. That said It can attract some nobs and the staff can be very stuck up too, the type that think they're doing you a favour to serve you. Had heard things about their club sandwich being really good so went in there on the Sunday to get one, ended up waiting over an hour for it while the staff were just pissing about.

San Miguel is a definite way to my heart and so is a club sandwich usually. The staff were probably off their heads. 

Last time I went to Beat Hotel it seemed like a Z list celeb hang out. The music was great but it had zero atmosphere and not a soul was dancing. 

Probably just picked a bad time as it looks like some of you on here rate it (apart from the staff). 

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

When I went it was full of Scousers.

Funnily enough when I went for said club sandwich we miraculously managed to grab a booth to sit in and eat it, they were like gold dust with it being Sunday and with mud everywhere. A big group of scousers came over and asked if they could sit there because their mate had taken too many pills and wasn't feeling well, don't know if it was a trick but to be fair their mate was either a very good actor or in a really bad way.

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

When I went it was full of Scousers.

All the scouse scallies who go Glastonbury on my facebook always upload pictures/videos from there every year.

Not sure why but the scally scousers always seem to flock together in the same areas wherever they go.

It's a big thing that puts me off going to the Beat Hotel knowing I'll be surrounded by everything I hate about Liverpool

7 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

All the scouse scallies who go Glastonbury on my facebook always upload pictures/videos from there every year.

Not sure why but the scally scousers always seem to flock together in the same areas wherever they go.

It's a big thing that puts me off going to the Beat Hotel knowing I'll be surrounded by everything I hate about Liverpool

I did not mind it tbh mate, had a good crack with a load of them. They did not even get offended when I said they sounded like a load of over excited wannabe Mancs, who had taken too much speed :-D

4 hours ago, lukemack said:

The Beats normally always rammed at the back then loads of space towards the front, never get why people go to a tent/stafe and just stand at the back complaining its too busy 

Yep. Never had an overwhelmingly large amounts of scousers - not that that's an issue - in fact most people in there I've met have been Bristol/London types. Almost exclusively bump into Liverpudlians in Silver Hayes/Arcadia though

Edited by Tuna

16 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Yep. Never had an overwhelmingly large amounts of scousers - not that that's an issue - in fact most people in there I've met have been Bristol/London types. Almost exclusively bump into Liverpudlians in Silver Hayes/Arcadia though

They get a rough ride Scousers but they are a good craic really. Always have a good night with them. They turn up en-masse absolutely every where and always love to party.