Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

19 minutes ago, gfa said:

The techno (kiki, prydz, haai, amelie etc.) looks to be on saturday - sorry to be the barer of bad news!

House fri, techno sat, dnb sun

What are the sources? Currently there's a bit of a spread across Fri/Sat on Clashfinder - https://clashfinder.com/s/g2024/

I was down at the front for KI/KI at Levels last year and oh my, it was amazing

22 minutes ago, gfa said:

The techno (kiki, prydz, haai, amelie etc.) looks to be on saturday - sorry to be the barer of bad news!

House fri, techno sat, dnb sun

Nope, word is that the Friday is gonna be Fatboy Slim > Joy Orbison > Haai b2b Ki/Ki > Amelie Lens

Prydz on the Saturday 

DnB day Sunday 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

What are the sources? Currently there's a bit of a spread across Fri/Sat on Clashfinder - https://clashfinder.com/s/g2024/

I was down at the front for KI/KI at Levels last year and oh my, it was amazing

30 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Nope, word is that the Friday is gonna be Fatboy Slim > Joy Orbison > Haai b2b Ki/Ki > Amelie Lens

Prydz on the Saturday 

DnB day Sunday 

my mistake then didn't realise there was info on Friday that detailed

55 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

DnB/Jungle recommendations please 

N.B. Proper old school only

None of that “jump up” nonsense (which ain’t actually DnB)

This is the sort of information that I would expect you to be providing 🙂

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

Prydz on the Saturday 

DnB day Sunday 

If that's correct, that'll be the best Arcadia Friday ever for me. I'll find something to do whilst FBS is on, then hopefully, given who is following him, it'll the right Joy O! I've seen 'ok' sets by him and also superb techno ones. Fingers crossed for the latter before what should be an amazing first half of the night. My only issue with Arcadia (tho it's also true elsewhere) is that the sets can be too short. Really hoping that HAAi/KI/KI and Amelie get 90 minutes each. 

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Of course now, I'm fretting that Block9 will drop some clashbomb for 0000-0300h on Friday! 

Ben

The problems we face in our lives. We must face them head on. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Of course now, I'm fretting that Block9 will drop some clashbomb for 0000-0300h on Friday! 

Ben

It’s usually Techno night in the Temple on Fridays. Nothing unmissable on the Temple lineup tbh, but still annoying if Arcadia and Temple both spunk their loads on the same night 😕

3 hours ago, Skip997 said:

not on this stage. Andy C might be the closest you get for some of his set.

Unfairground, on the other hand is what you want!

Uncle Dugs/Vibena, Randall, Aries, Kelvin 373, Benny L , Kaptain, Daddy Nature

Zed Bias maybe

mostly jungle / Old skool 😃 Happy days

5 minutes ago, Glastonbury101 said:

Is there a specific stage that has replaced the old London Underground stage in Block9? In terms of the kind of bookings? Not been since 2016 🙂

There is not. Sorry.

Block9 is now the NYC Downlow and Genosys (back this year after a crappy bus for two festivals!) in what is now called Block9 West, and then the majesty of IICON in Block9 East.

Ben

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lufcwhite said:

What time is Prydz on in Cardiff? Clashfinder has him on at headliner time but hoping it’s after. 

He’ll be finishing Cardiff at like 10.30 and then over to Glastonbury for a later set. Definitely not gonna be headliner time. 

8 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Randall - Unfairground & Nowhere

LTJ Bukem - Glade

Goldie - Firmly Rooted - more from the Metalheadz stable to be announced 

There'll be some old school jungle as part of the Moondance takeover in Nowhere (Slip Matt, Ellis Dee, etc) on the Sunday evening.

5 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Palms Trax b2b with Erol Alkan on the Sunday at San Remo, confirmed on Palms Trax's insta

Barely ever bother with San Remo/Beat Hotel as it’s just so out of the way and tends to attract lots of dickheads but gonna do my best to get there for at least a bit this year - this sounds like it could be a good time, clashes pending. 

Posted (edited)

I've never quite clicked with OK Willams' sets (more my problem than theirs, I'm sure). But, Child 1 has put them top of his Block9 must-sees for this year (not that he's going, he'd just always share his expert opinion!).

So I had another dig, and this is really, really good. Something like this on Genosys at 2-3am could be phenomenal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8-iiuDGf9s

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

Having seen the massive size of the Assembly in Silver Hayes I had another look at the line up. 

Wow.

That place could be awesome. 

EDIT: Actually it's the same size as last year's WOW! 

Edited by danbailey80

On 5/22/2024 at 7:21 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I dunno how everyone else feels but I much prefer it when the running genres are mixed, rather than hand over an area to one sound for the night. Give me variety, from different artists, a real journey through electronica in one place, sunset to sunrise

Nah… nothing worse than having to shlep across site when spangled just because they’ve put some dnb on.

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2024 at 5:55 AM, quilani said:

Hard to say what type of set most DJs are gonna play but I'd say these are pretty likely to feed your wub craving:

Hamdi - Temple
Skream & Benga - Silver hayes + at least one more set (prob Arcadia, IICON?)
Addison Groove - Stonebridge
Joy Orbison - Silver Hayes
Zed Bias - Unfairground

I'm sure at least one of them won't play a single 140s tune and there's a load more on the lineup that will!

A few others you might enjoy if you like that kind of thing:

Bakey

Jay Carder

Surusinghe

Mixtress

Denham Audio

BluMitsu

Ahhh amazing, I hadn't seen hamdi was playing.... this makes me very happy haha. Thanks for all the recommendations, was planning on catching bakey as well.

I also love dnb so can't wait to see mozey, lens