Artists with new material late 2014 / 2015. Who could play in 2015.

Matt42

I agree. I think they’re very good, too.

Edit: I don't agree with the idea that certain acts ‘need’ the darkness to play, either. Some would suit it much better, sure, but that applies to loads of music. If they really rely on it then they should probably work on writing better songs. Think The XX would be a good sub.

http://www.factmag.com/2013/03/21/a-lot-of-popular-electronic-music-is-pretty-soulless-a-catch-up-with-jamie-xx-on-his-new-ep-curating-the-night-day-festival-and-more/

The setting seem to be chosen for their drama and atmosphere primarily. I’ve heard that the xx only play at night, is that true?

“Yeah, we actually have it in our contract that we have to play either at sunset or after dark, ha.”

Idlewild - Accoustic tent headliner please (against someone rubbish (please))

Well this passed me by. First live band I ever saw, supporting REM. Still got a massive soft spot for The Remote Part.

Acoustic tent, though? What about all the loud guitars? I’d rather they had a daytime slot somewhere as they’d probably someone else I’d rather see at headliners time.

Edited by bocumaroy

They are doing a Highlands tour just now accoustic - look at the setlist :D

SET 1
Little Discourage
Welcome Home
You Held The World In Your Arms
Live In A Hiding Place
Nothing I Can Do About It
Quiet Crown
Take Me Back To The Islands
The Space Between All Things
Every Little Means Trust
Goodnight

SET 2
A Bigger World
Waverley Steps
Love Steals Us From Lonliness
So Many Things To Decide
Bronze Medal
Too Long Awake
Roseability
El Capitan
American English
In Remote Part / Scottish Fiction

ENCORE
I Shall Be Released (Bob Dylan)

Roddy Woomble's solo stuff is also of excellent folk fare (included in that set - probably the songs you won't know)

Edited by weaz

Yeah, there’s a fair bit I don’t recognise there. I guess if they’re doing a acoustic-only tour then that makes your hopes more likely, they would seem a good fit. I’d probably have seen them ahead of any of the five main stage headliners this year on Saturday or Sunday, actually. I’m coming round to the idea.

Public Service Broadcasting are releasing a new album in February. Not sure they'd do it for the 2nd/3rd year running though.

Caught the second half of their set by pure coincidence after realising I’d made a mistake bothering with Dolly and heading over the the West Holts for a lie down. Had no idea who they were until I stood up for the last song and noticed all the video stuff which I’d heard about. That half an hour was one of my favourite times of the week.

Faith No More will almost definitely be at either Download or Sonisphere. not sure if they'd be classed as big enough to headline anymore but they'd make a very good sub

Oh god I would just die if FNM were announced they are awesome live, seen them recently at BST along with the excellent Soundgarden both were bloody amazing but sadly I can't see either being appreciated at Glastonbury TBH.....when I was at BST there was a women reading a bloody kindle all the way through Soundgarden it was a bloody sacrilege :no2:

Oh god I would just die if FNM were announced they are awesome live, seen them recently at BST along with the excellent Soundgarden both were bloody amazing but sadly I can't see either being appreciated at Glastonbury TBH.....when I was at BST there was a women reading a bloody kindle all the way through Soundgarden it was a bloody sacrilege :no2:

I have to agree, FNM and Soundgarden were incredible at BST, Sabbath were great as well but not on the level of their arena tour last year imo

Idlewild would be amazing.I think the acoustic tour is just a one off and they will be back to touring as a full electric band as I'm sure they said they have recorded or are in the process of recording a new album.

Belle And Sebastian must be in with a shout of playing, new album out in January. They have probably already been mentioned but haven't looked at the previous pages.