Artists with new material late 2014 / 2015. Who could play in 2015.

Matt42

By who? I want names!

LondonTom. I did a search and everything.

Cribs should defo headline a stage.

That would be brilliant, although I always imagine them on the Other stage in the afternoon. I feel like they might have a bit too much mainstream popularity for the park, but not quite big enough to headline the JP? Again, I’m clueless about it.

Oh, and here’s this from Patti Smith, Horses anniversary tour next year. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/patti-smith-horses-40th-anniversary-2015-20141007 Not new material, but I’m in a rule-breaking mood. She mentions the date of November 10th specifically, so maybe 2016 is more likely for Glastonbury, if that’s when it’ll all get started, but I’d definitely hope/expect her to play in the next couple of years.

Edited by bocumaroy
  • Upvote 1

Oh, and here’s this from Patti Smith, Horses anniversary tour next year. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/patti-smith-horses-40th-anniversary-2015-20141007 Not new material, but I’m in a rule-breaking mood. She mentions the date of November 10th specifically, so maybe 2016 is more likely for Glastonbury, if that’s when it’ll all get started, but I’d definitely hope/expect her to play in the next couple of years.

This is lovely news

Totally agree on Weezer and J Mascis. Both in my top five of the year. Would love to see Fucked Up make it back there supporting their excellent new album. Cloud Nothings would be awesome as well, probably in JP or the Park.

In agreement with your agreement. Both would be great, and I've never gotten round to seeing Weezer live so they'd be one of my must-sees.

Otherwise I'd like to see:

TV on the Radio

Eels (hey, it's like 2011 all over again!)

Mark Lanegan

Christopher Owens

Childhood

Kindness

I stand by my claims! (Nothing against the Cribs either with that statement, I like the occasional song ...I'd likely even go see them!)

Don't worry, I understand you use 'landfill indie' affectionately considering your love for Fratellis and Franz Ferdinand. ;)

Noel Gallagher is doing an announcement on Monday according to his website. Not that we didn't know his album was in the pipeline but thought it worth mentioning anyway.

Cribs should defo headline a stage.

Don't worry, I understand you use 'landfill indie' affectionately considering your love for Fratellis and Franz Ferdinand. ;)

Noel Gallagher is doing an announcement on Monday according to his website. Not that we didn't know his album was in the pipeline but thought it worth mentioning anyway.

Off topic, but have both you two got tickets this year?? Seems that most of the old R&L posters (from a few years ago) seem to gravitate to Glasto.... interesting

)I realize you have both been before though so your ahead of me in this one...)

Off topic, but have both you two got tickets this year?? Seems that most of the old R&L posters (from a few years ago) seem to gravitate to Glasto.... interesting

)I realize you have both been before though so your ahead of me in this one...)

Nahh I haven't :( Although I didn't even try in the main sale last year so I'm in the the same position again. Resale will be successful!

Foxygen's new album is coming out in a few days. Tracks that have already been released sound great (Cosmic Vibrations and How Can You Really) would love to see them on the line-up somewhere, Park stage?

album leaked a week ago. haven't quite managed to get through the whole thing yet as it's basically a double album, but what i've heard has been very enjoyable (although nothing sounds quite as catchy / instant as San Francisco, No Destruction or Shuggie from the last album)

Edited by FloorFiller