guypjfreak

I assumed it was down to the surcharges often levied by card issuers for credit card payments.

Those are tiny - a few pence per transaction (don't believe any shop that requires a 50p charge for this)

More likely I'd say it's due to credit card fraud - when this happens, the original card holder gets their money back but the shop loses out.

But then when they do international sales, they use credit as that's the form that most Visas etc. come in internationally perhaps? Or maybe they have better protection? Dunno.

Out of interest, is there a reason that Glastonbury doesn't let people pay on credit cards? Moral stance or something? It's not really a problem to me although it's a bit of a pain when you're paying for multiple people and they have to transfer the money prior to buying the tickets.

I think it's an anti-touting message. It's easy to accumulate numerous credit cards but not so easy with debit cards as you need a separate bank account for each one.

I hate ticket day :cry:

Really? I love it. I mean, it's nerve-shredding stuff, but within the space of an hour, I know exactly where I stand and either I'm absolutely elated, or it's 're-sale or bust'. Either way the fight isn't over, just the first round. It's the anxiety beforehand I find difficult.

• Upvote 1

Really? I love it. I mean, it's nerve-shredding stuff, but within the space of an hour, I know exactly where I stand and either I'm absolutely elated, or it's 're-sale or bust'. Either way the fight isn't over, just the first round. It's the anxiety beforehand I find difficult.

I loved it for 2009 (which was easy),2010 2011 and a year ago... Not so much 2 years ago!

I think if you are lucky it seems much more enjoyable

I loved it for 2009 (which was easy),2010 2011 and a year ago... Not so much 2 years ago!

I think if you are lucky it seems much more enjoyable

Yeah haha, I really enjoyed the recent resale (got tickets) Last years main sale was a nightmare though, especially after entering all our details clicking purchase and being told it had sold out.

I loved it till I got mild sunstroke and just felt sick. It did start to get silly after a while, especially when it hit 30 and there's no shade/relief when you're watching a band. I would so have that though over this years conditions

Oh sorry I meant "burned" as in not getting tickets. But yeah I always get burned weatherwise too :)

Loved 2010 though, NFR NFC

We are all assuming it will be 3 weeks on Sunday.

Have we got any confirmation yet?

No, but the related dates (i.e. registration deadline) seem to line up with the 5th and last year the sale date of the 6th October was announced on Monday 16th September: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/13/130916a.shtml

This should mean that a sale date of Sunday 5th October 2014 should be announced on or around Monday 15th September 2014, and if this doesn't come to pass I'll eat a growler.

This has probably been asked before, but I'm going to be living in New Zealand on ticket day and will be back before the festival so will use my normal UK registration details. My question is will I be classed as a uk or international purchaser?

I don't know, but I think the underlying checks will be against your registration details, which will have a UK address, rather than checking where the request is coming from (ie you from NZ).

I'm curious at the technique of those who are perpetually unsuccessful at getting tickets. It seems some are usually successful and some are usually not. Are those who are not trying in the same way (i.e. tapping F5 instantly they don't get through and relentlessly, without break from 9 am until it sells out)?

Edited by kalifire

I'm curious at the technique of those who are perpetually unsuccessful at getting tickets. It seems some are usually successful and some are usually not. Are those who are not trying in the same way (i.e. tapping F5 instantly they don't get through and relentlessly, without break from 9 am until it sells out)?

For the 2013 festival i tried relentlessly on ticket day to no avail. constantly refreshing and then it sold out. Resale day was the same.

i didnt try as hard for this year once T day had been and gone to no avail again

i shall be online and ready in plenty time this time though. i need to go!