Other Stage Headliners 2015

Gucci Piggy

I could only really see Bloc Party headlining John Peel these days. And, as said, I doubt they'll be up and running remotely soon enough for this year.

Psyched they're back though :D. After they followed up Four with Ratchet I have absolutely no idea where they're gonna go next. Exciting times.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not really about either being too heavy; it's that they're both too big for the Other Stage and neither are touring this summer to even headline the main stage.

I agree with too big, but you never know.

However, both are touring, just not anything announced in Europe yet.

#strawclutching

I could only really see Bloc Party headlining John Peel these days. And, as said, I doubt they'll be up and running remotely soon enough for this year.

Psyched they're back though :D. After they followed up Four with Ratchet I have absolutely no idea where they're gonna go next. Exciting times.

They'd be fucking marvellous in JPT, I saw them in a tent at Werchter on their last tour and it was an absolute cracker

However, if they were coming back from a break, with new material as well as their classics, they'd be too big for it, I'm pretty sure they'd play the other stage

I know I'm new to this whole thing but why does that dictate who goes where? Surely Glasto booking Kanye has just shown that they're not sticking to 'typical' at all. She's available and I don't really see why she wouldn't.

Kanye West is too big for other, so that works against you. Not for you. Taylor Swift is too big for other.

It's hard to tell with The Strokes. Their last headline tour here was nine years ago. Doesn't make it easy to gauge how much of a draw they are here.

I wouldn't agree that Bloc Party are not as big as they used to be, but I don't think they've gotten much bigger either. I'd imagine they'll still be taking sub slots when they get back.

This Bloc Party thing is the same as The Strokes to me. They don't seem to have actually suffered a decline in popularity and actually played their biggest gig here ever on their last tour but everyone seemingly agrees they're not as big as they used to be.

Was going to say the same, there in a bit of an odd place as no one really talks about them much/their record sales.

Would work well as Other Stage headliners still! A Silent Alarm heavy set/a couple of new tracks would down very well.

Edited by LondonTom

but Four was their best album

I think it was their best since Silent Alarm, but I can't imagine many will agree with you that it tops it.

I see the point about them doing Earl's Court a couple of years ago. I suppose it's just they were doing multiple festivals per year, and touring off the back of the album releases, non-stop from 2005-2009. Then to come back and do academies, one sizeable London gig and Latitude is not really putting them in front of as many people.

I feel like if they headlined Other or subbed Reading these days there would be a lot of people saying 'Who?'. But then, on the other hand, Jamie T's pulled it off in a big way on his return. So I hope I'm wrong, would love to see them at Glastonbury in a big slot.

New Cribs album sounding good .. Any chance of them? Are they even big enough? It's hard to judge their popularity these days .. But I'd imagine they have a fairly large fan base and enough hits for the average festival goer to recognise

Chance of them playing festival? 90-99%

Chance of them headlining other? 0%

Speaking of the prodigy

They CAN do the Sunday night, and they are doing 3 festivals on the trot

Would be surprising if T and IOW are their only festival appearances this year in non headlining spots...

They are headlining IOW.

Plus Alt-J are subbing the second stage at T... Chance that they aren't headlining the other? I find it unlikely but.

Twin Atlatnic are headlining the second stage so I think that flags up how poor a comparison it is.