• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

ah of course. nah. it won't be them

I don't think so either. Too soon for a start, plus if they're doing stadiums it's unlikely the promoter of those shows will be willing to allow the competition.

Mind you, I doubt the whole thing that was posted. "A family member of mine works for one of the promoters" suggests that to me.

Edited by eFestivals

A family member of mine works for one of the promoters....2 of the 3 headliners are booked - one old school act ahem FM and one to be touring act for the friday night ahem CP, the sunday night is likely to either be Foo's, a rapper or big female popstar

I sense that there is someone in the audience called... John.

I feel that, because my name starts with 'nufc', I should come up with wild statements and predictions for who is going to play based on little or no evidence, as others like myself have done before.

However, I am not a fool...so I won't

Ha, i do apologise..... ur clearly not all the same

Didn't ME announce the headliners have already been booked? So why would he be "discussing" anything?

Eavis always says they are, and his later words always prove they weren't. Generally, it's the difference between a loose verbal arrangement that often doesn't actually happen, and something signed and sealed.

Added to that was some 100% bullshit from his gob about this time last year, about having booked "3 of the world's biggest bands", when I have it on the best authority that no one was booked at the time or even close to being booked or even lined up.

(if I'm stating so very clearly that I know Michael was talking bollocks, believe me that I know it for sure)

Edited by eFestivals

I still cant believe I didnt bother seeing them at glastonbury in 07. The walk from the other stage in those weather conditions was just too much to contemplate so we saw chemical brothers. I know it was the right decision at the time, but looking back it seems a daft thing to do.

please forgive yourself, a decision within the festival cannot be compared to a decision outside of it..especially when the weather has such an effect

I don't think it's a secret that Coldplay were doing shows next year. It's just, as Neil said, they're supposedly putting together a stadium tour so it might lessen the chances of Glastonbury if they have stadiums to fill.

That leak is probably there or thereabouts though; the details from those South American festivals do tend to leak quite a bit. Most of those bands were at Glastonbury last year though so it doesn't benefit us much. :P