Football 2014/15

TheGayTent

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stats like that are very misleading, di Maria 3 goals and 10 assists.

Di Maria has been a failure by all accounts.

True, but no matter how well you play, you need to be providing more than Cleverly has in the last three seasons. As I said, I've no idea how well he played other than that, but even if he has been playing well, he does need to add more goals and assists.

Stats like that are very misleading, di Maria 3 goals and 10 assists.

Di Maria has been a failure by all accounts.

Weird though, because he started so well.

Think he'd be pretty good for you next year mind, but don't think he'll stick around that long if reports are right.

Consecutive years that someone has moved from the premiership and scored the winning goal in the champions league final. I wonder who next year, sterling or ravel Morrison!

who was it last year (I guess I wasn't paying much attention)?

As for Sterling next year, it doesn't sound impossible .... tho he'd need to have his best shooting boots on to actually make sure he hits the net. :P

Suarez. From Chumps no-hopers to the scorer of the final's winning goal in a year.

You really can't blame him for wanting to move.

i don't think anyone did really: the feeling was he could have moved the year before, but agreed to stay another year for the mutual benefit for both team and himself. Most Pool fans don't see to hate him!

Will be completely different if sterling moves to Utd...

imo, sterling to real now would be pointless: he'd be on the bench and would struggle to get in their first 11. he needs a good year or two in a bigger club in the premiereship first. City or Arsenal would be best for him. Hell, even UTD in a purely footballing sense! I don't think he trusts brendan to further his career anymore after this years rotating position issues...

I'm loving the women's world cup so far. Girl power! :) Canada had a good start. Nice to see the home team doing well.

I have to admit when I caught womans football in the Olympics I enjoyed it. I feel I should watch it, but cant get motivated. I may watch from the semis but unlikely more. I assume theres some highlight show around, so may try and catch it.

Consecutive years that someone has moved from the premiership and scored the winning goal in the champions league final. I wonder who next year, sterling or ravel Morrison!

More likely to be scoring in an Italian prison shower by then I'd imagine!

Champions League final last night was great, good entertaining football.

Couldn't even get motivated to start watching today's England game and it sounds like I didn't miss much!

Surely theres no truth to this Sterling to Utd business?!

There is, unless LFC are making it up to troll Utd. Word of the Utd interest has come straight out of the club, not from Sterling or 'his people'.

----

Who was it that was doing the booing yesterday in that dull-as-dishwater match?

Ireland fans or England fans?

And Liverpool fans pissed off at his disloyalty, or Utd fans just because Sterling is good?

His agent is a proper turd! Same as Berahino's, any coincidence they both acted similarly this season? Nah

there's no doubting that Sterling's agent is a turd, but the Utd wanting Sterling rumour has come out of LFC and not from Sterling or agent.

Go read the first reports of it. It's about as explicit in confirming that as things ever are around a non-official 'leak' from a club.

Who was it that was doing the booing yesterday in that dull-as-dishwater match?

Ireland fans or England fans?

And Liverpool fans pissed off at his disloyalty, or Utd fans just because Sterling is good?

Mainly a bunch of idiots who call themselves Ireland & LFC fans.

Hmm, its almost like Liverpool are trying to turn the fanbase against sterling....

They are turned. Its really hard to see how he plays for LFC again at this stage. Getting by idiots in Ireland is one thing but booed by the select fe fans allowed at the end of year dinner/awards is another.

Twill be interesting to see is Rafa comes in for him and if he goes

Edited by ThomThomDrum

They are turned. Its really hard to see how he plays for LFC again at this stage. Getting by idiots in Ireland is one thing but booed by the select fe fans allowed at the end of year dinner/awards is another.

To give the guy some credit he seemed completely unfazed by the booing yesterday, and looked like he was trying to give his all (not that it amounted to much, but that's a different thing).

I actually felt a bit sorry for him over some of the boos that went his way, particularly when he hit the deck. He can go down a bit easy sometimes (particularly when he's moving at speed), but from what I saw he went down with good justification every time.

Twill be interesting to see is Rafa comes in for him and if he goes

I'm guessing that an overseas bid will be seriously considered, but a UK one less-so.

And I reckon that Real won't be hugely interested, because however good he is he's not really good enough to play for them at the moment. He needs another year or two before he might be.