Football 2014/15

TheGayTent

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it looks as if Spurs made a 12m bid for Inges for some strange reason considering he will be on a free become July.

Burnley accepted the bid, but of course Inges has now agreed to got to LFC.

What does this mean? Well Burnley are apparently looking to use that bid as a way of increasing their comp for Inges

They have rejected LFCs initial comp offer and if it goes to a tribunal they will look to use that bid as a way of upping the comp

So it looks as if Spurs, for the laugh, and maybe to help out Burnley, or simply to stick the aul finger up at the Pool put in what can only be viewed as a dodgy bid.............

Some fuckers in this game...............

I wouldnt think a bid by another club would impact how a tribunal values a player. Otherwise clubs would do each other favours on a regular basis. I suspect its a dodgy story on a quiet news week.

So after all the fuss, it is Bilic. I am just glad its sorted, I will reserve judgement until his had a few games, I am expecting it will either all end in tears or be some sort of miracle overachieving season.

To me it stinks of Spurs acting the petulant pricks for not getting their man, or worse they could be in cahoots with Burnley to fuck over another club to extract money out of them.

...Cause Big Clubs are not fucking over smaller clubs by tapping up the likes of Ings? Even if its not "official" tapping up.

...Cause Big Clubs are not fucking over smaller clubs by tapping up the likes of Ings? Even if its not "official" tapping up.

That's got nothing to do with it. What? Spurs are some shiny knight that exists to avenge the wrongs done to smaller clubs?

Your logic seems to be two unrelated wrongs make a right....

Had Bale?

I would say no, but there was far more hype around bale (probably largely down to the fact he was British) than there ever has been for hazard. Bale is also a little flashier and more marketable.

I think a club like Madrid would see hazard as a modric level player, which is not bad thing, as modric is very important.

He is a very good player, but I don't think he has reached worldwide iconic status yet.

Really? He's pretty huge and is apparently the second most valuable player in the world (according to some bs report). Madrid have been sniffing around and will probably get him in a couple of years when Ronaldo's legs start to go. Bale was huge in England but i would argue Hazard is already bigger worldwide, certainly bigger than Bale was when at Sp*rs.

Anyway, I see your point. Not many superstars in the league at the mo. Aguero would actually be a great signing for Real but I'm not sure his Atletico roots would allow him to go there. Barca are set for strikers for the forseeable future so unless Bayern come in he'll be at City for a while yet

Hazard wouldn't walk into the team, can't see them dropping Ronaldo or Bale (suppose they could play players out of position, they already do). Aguero would play ahead of Benzema.

I'm pretty sure Hazard would go in ahead of Bale. Plus he would inevitably be a record signing so they'd kinda have to. Not gonna happen for a year or 2 anyway so i'll enjoy him while I can

I don't think he would go ahead of Bale.

Hazard to become the most expensive signing? Laughable.

Edit- Do you think he's worth a world record fee? Or just that's what they would pay?

He's at a similar level to Bale and Neymar imo who both cost over £70m. Not as good a goalscorer but a stronger all round game. Certainly nowhere near the levels of Messi & Ronaldo though.

He's worth whatever someone would pay. Transfer fees inflate over time so the next massive one will probably be more than Bale. Chelsea don't need to sell and he has a 5 year contract so it would take £100m+ to get him. He's also still very young.

Hazard is nowhere near Neymar. Neymar is the only player I can remotely see challenging Messi and Ronaldo for the best player in the world, and that is extremely remotely due to those two being on a completely different level to anything that has been seen before.

It's all opinions then. I wouldn't put him in the same bracket as Bale and Neymar. Bale has had a 'bad season' by all accounts and still is involved in as many goals.

The only reason I could see it being anywhere near that region is if he still has a long term contract.

You're also pushing it with 'very young'.

I certainly wouldn't say Ronaldo is better than all the greats. Messi maybe, though that is debatable. Those two are far and away the best players of this generation. Neymar and Hazard are miles back.

Okay, maybe Hazard's not very young but still young enough to be up for YPOTY. Got at least 8 seasons left at the top.

I think I need to watch a bit more of Neymar in the tough games. Barca stroll so many it's not often he's properly tested. Not sure he'd find it so easy in the prem. Still think Hazard edges it but i'm pretty biased as I watch him every other week.

Who do we reckon the megastars will be in 5 years time when Messi's legs start to go?

Yeah I agree it's ridiculous how far ahead they are. After they've gone it'll be weird to see the Balon D'or changing hands every year like it did before they came along.

I've watched enough of Hazard, Bale and Neymar and personally think Neymar is/will be the better player.

In 5 years? Who knows. Think Messi might still be challenging for the top prize. He'd be 32.

The one I don't understand is Pogba. Can't see how people are raving over him.

I rate him very highly. He's not a particularly spectacular player. Very physical, strong defensively, a great passer and scores a few screamers. I'd love to have him at Chelsea but Barca will nab him most likely. No idea what Fergie was thinking letting him leave. Not worth the £70m they're talking about though.

Koke is brilliant too. He'll be in with a shout for the Ballon soon.

Struggling to think of anyone else.

Thats because the award has a dumb criteria which hasn't moved with cyrrevt times when players often peak earlier. A 23 year old is not young in modern football.

Agree. At least it went to a proper young player this season.

Hazard is 24.

Yeah I think he's a good player. People are talking of him as if he is, at this moment, one of the best midfielders playing. Yeah the transfer is being blown up because of who is interested in him, no way he's worth what's being reported.

I like Koke but it really is hard to predict future Balon D'or winners.