State of the ground at Glastonbury

Guest Sawdusty Surfer

Did a similar thread last year. I've just got back from the site and there is a small amount of almost dry mud next to some of the tracks but the actual tracks are starting to get dusty. The grassy bits still have a little bit of give in them, but are not spongey. I'm going to be going backwards and forwards from now on every day or three to visit my kids(who are on the crew putting up 2000 tents for Worthy View, God help any WV residents :) ) and start doing deiveries. I'll try to post regularish updates. If I don't go for a few days will get updated from my kids, assuming that they can be bothered to answer their phones

.Photo taken 20,30 today

DSC_0442_zpskihoflqi.jpg

DSC_0444_zpss419b1in.jpg

DSC_0443_zps7fcik1fv.jpg

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent stuff :) looking at he Beebs weather outlook its looking dry and sunny for the next couple of weeks so ground may get harder still ( we all hope this does not change!) .

Excellent stuff :) looking at he Beebs weather outlook its looking dry and sunny for the next couple of weeks so ground may get harder still ( we all hope this does not change!) .

I'd say the weather looks more than settled enough over the next couple of weeks for the ground to stay good. :)

So as long as there's not constant days of rain at the fest, the ground should hold up pretty well even if there's a 4 hour downpour.

Great stuff, thanks for the updates. Oddly enough, I'm finding myself lurking around here more and more as the Wednesday gets closer.

Met up with a couple of Glastonbury-going mates on Saturday and it turns out they've booked a tent in Worthy View, so I'm sure they'll be grateful to your kids too...