Lana Del Rey ( confirmed ) :)

Guest ksalem

16 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

To be fair that’s how they’ve done it the last few years - top line of Pyramid headliners and maybe the legend then everyone else in alphabetical order.

Yeah I know, but they could have mixed it up. Might have staved off a few of the complaints.

On 3/6/2023 at 2:16 PM, FloorFiller said:

Although I was team ‘Blondie fifth down’ pre-lineup announcement, I unfortunately think they’re gonna be on after Cat, similar to Chic following Barry in ‘17. Would be nice if we were due a third down act come the full announcement, but I think Blondie have just been overbilled tbh. 

If it is that slot after Yusuf I'd say same as Elbow is about right surely? And maybe quite a big booking if before but not that off

On 3/6/2023 at 9:05 AM, Colorblindjames said:

Very strange for EE to say there wasn't a pipeline of female artists when Lana was already signed up and could have been a main stage headliner. She's got more bangers than AM and GnR put together. 

Much as I absolutely love her stuff

And

Am really gutted that there is the GnR/LDR clash

However

No way does she have "... more bangers than AM [who I can't stand] and GnR put together." 

And her music is hardly "party central" is it? 

24 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

How is she allowed to just post crap like that whenever she likes?! If i were her management i’d change all the passwords on her social accounts and keep the new passwords under lock and key

what a liability and what an entitled little POS she is 😂

I think the oposite,  her management either told her to post it or are delighted she did.

That old saying about any publicity is good publicity -

How to imedialtly make yourself one of the most talked about acts on the line up...

On 3/5/2023 at 11:49 PM, Hugh Jass II said:

To be fair that’s how they’ve done it the last few years - top line of Pyramid headliners and maybe the legend then everyone else in alphabetical order.

Yeah I know, but there’s nothing stopping them being a bit more creative. Or at least I don’t think there is.

Lana should IMHO have taken the GnR headline slot.. it's hardly a stretch considering the number of 'up and coming' artists that Glasto has given the chance to before. Yes she's not your boombastic performer- but what's wrong with that? She's a fantastic artist with more than enough back catalogue brilliance to justify it. Sorry she was disappointed by the billing.. I hope she gets over it... unless it was a tease. She does that.

20 minutes ago, Boris said:

Lana should IMHO have taken the GnR headline slot.. it's hardly a stretch considering the number of 'up and coming' artists that Glasto has given the chance to before. Yes she's not your boombastic performer- but what's wrong with that? She's a fantastic artist with more than enough back catalogue brilliance to justify it. Sorry she was disappointed by the billing.. I hope she gets over it... unless it was a tease. She does that.

I love Lana’s music, but honestly, her being the final headliner of the night on the Pyramid… I just don’t see it. Far too shakey of a live reputation, and even when she’s good, far too downbeat. Just feel it would fall rather flat when people really want to end the night with a bang. I’m absolutely gutted I’m gonna be missing her, but even with GnR having the potential to be a car crash, at least it’s a car crash with bangers that the crowd can carry. Lana’s got nowhere to hide in that respect.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I love Lana’s music, but honestly, her being the final headliner of the night on the Pyramid… I just don’t see it. Far too shakey of a live reputation, and even when she’s good, far too downbeat. Just feel it would fall rather flat when people really want to end the night with a bang. I’m absolutely gutted I’m gonna be missing her, but even with GnR having the potential to be a car crash, at least it’s a car crash with bangers that the crowd can carry. Lana’s got nowhere to hide in that respect.

Yep.

Hopefully she'll tour here later in the year, would much rather see her at her own show than a G headline performance. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Boris said:

Not a fan of GnR, are you?

I like it alright on first listen, but I have to say that DYKTTATUOB and A+W have only really become earworms for me in the last few days, so I'm enjoying enjoying them more and I'm sure that The Grants will do the same in time.

Only clocked yesterday that we're away in Northumberland for the weekend of the album release, so I'm looking forward to that soundtracking the trip.