What albums are you looking forward to in 2014?

plaskins

Its ok I didn't know until few days before, when I was having a moan on twitter about her not being on the lineup and someone told me she was :lol:

Was firsr or 2nd on Sonic, either she isn't as popular as I thought or loads didn't realise as it was a tiny crowd.

she was on the Sonic Stage really early if i remember correctly. was gonna go see her but ended up seeing Four Tet / Young Fathers instead. no regrets here, although it would've been nice to see her. i suspect she'll return in a much more prominent slot next year

Yeah I reckon if she's back next year she'll have a bigger slot, Boom Clap has been pretty big.

currently listening to Interpol's new album and it's surprisingly good. obviously not up to the heights of Turn On The Bright Lights but on first listen it seems much better than their previous album (which i struggled to get through once)

Interpol are a prime example of a band who won't ever really be able to release a great album again as their sound is so one dimensional/stuck in the early 00's, but this seems to be giving it it's best shot

How've you got this??

I thought it was good. Better than the last two anyway. They never really do stray from the path and all the albums could have been borne from the same recording sessions but if it ain't broke don't fix it.

see i REALLY liked Our Love To Admire although i know that's a massively unpopular opinion. i think i actually prefer it over Antics (although i for some reason haven't listened to Antics nearly as much as i should've)

but yeah, it's as good as a new Interpol album could be really. was never gonna break new ground but it's an enjoyable listen at least, which their last album wasn't

Not really a new album but, having seen him on West Holts, I bought the Charles Bradley album, No Time for Dreaming, and it is astounding

If you like old fashioned soul you should definitely buy it

Yeah I was listening to this earlier in the year and really liked it then. Listening again now, ta! :)

andorra/milk of human kindness are such a different caribou sound, i almost wish that swim/our love were released as daphni or another project or something idk

yeah his sound has changed a lot, but i guess he can't just come up with a different alias every time he decides to experiment / change things up

four tet's sound has changed quite a lot. go and see him live and he'll still play stuff from rounds and other early things and incorporate it into his sound. caribou's live shows are great but don't adapt like that. obviously artists have progression - don't get me wrong i love that. just when he has two monickers and it makes so much more sense to release it as daphni.

see i REALLY liked Our Love To Admire although i know that's a massively unpopular opinion. i think i actually prefer it over Antics (although i for some reason haven't listened to Antics nearly as much as i should've)

but yeah, it's as good as a new Interpol album could be really. was never gonna break new ground but it's an enjoyable listen at least, which their last album wasn't

OLTA is a great album. Loads of hidden gems like The Lighthouse. The last album was probably the weakest, but they were falling apart at that point. Still some great songs though, wish they played Barricade more...

yeah his sound has changed a lot, but i guess he can't just come up with a different alias every time he decides to experiment / change things up

You. You wonderful, glorious bastard you. I blame you. I'm utterly obsessed with the Antlers, and it's your fault. I don't think I've heard a more beautiful song than 'I Don't Want Love' for years. If they don't play at next year's festival I will blame you.

You've been a bigger influence on my life than you might realise... I think it might have been you suggesting I listen to Dry the River a couple of years ago as well - although you wouldn't have known. Shallow Bed is one of the best debut albums I've ever had the pleasure of listening to.

Keep at it, you utter bastard. I don't have time for all this good music.