What albums are you looking forward to in 2014?

plaskins

Nick Mulvey's first album! Out monday! I've had the album sampler on repeat for a long time now, love it.

Also, had a real nice time last year at Glasto having breakfast and a good cup of coffee to his music. ;-)

really looking forward to the Nick Mulvey album hoping to see him at Glasto this year missed him last time, opened the patk stage didnt he.

New Horrors album out this week i really like it first 3 tracks are the strongest for me love when track 1 kicks in, wasnt sure after the first full play but after a couple its really good great summer music.

Lily Allen also out this week wasnt expecting much from what we had heard alreasdy but its actually rather good full of easy listenable pop songs even if some of the lyrics are quite awful

• 4 weeks later...

The new Pains of Being Pure at Heart album is sounding very fun so far.

Shame they didn't quite materialise for the Park Stage, will be seeing them just after at the Scala nevertheless.

yeah i really enjoyed the new album. Belong didn't quite strike me as much as the debut did but this is a step in the right direction. shame they're not on the lineup, especially considering how nearby they are at the time. guess they could always be the TBA on the John Peel

• 1 month later...

Caribou has just announced a new album (along with a Liverpool show yeahhhhh)

http://pitchfork.com/news/55409-caribou-announces-new-album-our-love-shares-cant-do-without-you/

wasn't so sure of the new song to begin with but it gets better and better as it builds

so this leaked ridiculously early. in the process of downloading now. hope it's a good'un!

Well I'm looking forward to finding out how Slipknots new album shapes out as this is the first album without Paul Gray and Joey Jordison. Should be interesting to see what they can produce. Although I'm really not expecting much as The Negative One seems a bit boring.

Well I'm looking forward to finding out how Slipknots new album shapes out as this is the first album without Paul Gray and Joey Jordison. Should be interesting to see what they can produce. Although I'm really not expecting much as The Negative One seems a bit boring.

The Negative One is alright; harkens back to the Iowa days, albeit in a bit of a forced way. looking forward to the new album although i'm not really expecting much (not because of Joey's departure / Paul not being there... just because i dislike the direction they started taking (the softer songs etc - Snuff was just embarrassing. save that shit for Stone Sour, Corey)

It reminded me a bit more of the debut that Iowa, I quite enjoyed it though.

P.S I thought snuff was a good song, but I get what you mean about it maybe not being the right song for slipknot. They don't play it live do they?

think they might've played it live a few times but not much. i remember they played it on an American talk show and the band (especially Mick - guitarist) looked bored shitless and like they just didn't want to be there. i think the softer songs are definitely a lot more Corey's doing than the rest of the band

new one is promising though. i feared they'd be going in an even softer direction but it seems like a step in the right direction (although i fully expect some softer songs - just not as ballad-esque as Snuff hopefully)

Edited by FloorFiller

The new Spoon record is pretty cool.

I've looked ahed and I think the next release I'm really excited about is the new goat album, anything before then worth looking out for?

Commune? It's good. :ninja:

There's a lot (for my tastes) coming out between now and the end of September. Karen O, Interpol, J Mascis, Merchandise, DFA1979, Weezer, Julian Casablancas, PABH, Wytches and Shellac. Will also give Royal Blood's album a go too.

Very excited for The Juan Maclean's new album. Their last few singles have all been great.

Definitely looking forward to that! The first album is great and Feel Like Movin' is a belter.

The new Caribou album is pretty nice. Not as good as Swim, but more of a slow burner and certainly more of a house/Daphni feel about it.

Definitely looking forward to that! The first album is great and Feel Like Movin' is a belter.

The new Caribou album is pretty nice. Not as good as Swim, but more of a slow burner and certainly more of a house/Daphni feel about it.

It is a belter, but of their last three singles it's my least favourite (still love it, mind). I prefer You Are My Destiny, and have you heard their most recent one, Get Down (With My Love)? I'm a little bit obsessed with it at the moment.