BST in Hyde Park 2014

Guest Tom Wells

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm coming down from Sheffield tomorrow and I haven't been to London in around 5-6 years and I was 11 then so I have little idea what I'm doing. So does anyone know the best way to get to Hyde Park from Victoria coach station. I know Marble Arch is the tube station I need to get there and my dad tells me I need to get a zone 1 ticket but apart from that I'm still a bit puzzled. If anyone could be so kind to help me out that'd be great :)

Also where is the best (or cheapest) place t to get food in Hyde Park or around that area? I get into London for around 10:30 and I have 2 hours to kill before the doors open. Cheers

Edited by justanothername

great day today, Sabbath, Soundgarden and Faith No More were all great, Motorhead were ok (Seen them 3 times now and it's always the same) and Soulfly aren't really my thing.

Soundgarden were my favourite of the day, they announced last minute that they were going to play Superunknown in its entirity and it was amazing, also brought Mike McCready from Pearl Jam out on the self titled song which was a nice surprise.

Didn't know what to expect from FNM but they were awesome, Mike Patton is mental.

Sabbath were great but wasn't as good as their arena tour IMO, all of the songs were played on their arena tour already and the set was shorter. Great show nonetheless.

The festival itself is really nice, good food and decent toilets most importantly! Hope you guys seeing The Libs tomorrow have fun :)

Superunknown a real suprise but great none the less. Soundgarden seemed in top form

Really enjoyed black sabbath despite only ever giving then a proper listen this morning after I got tickets yesterday. Great visuals throughout and that drum solo! Kind of got a bit repetitive towards the end though with the "show me your hands" and the eeey shouts. Crowd around me were awful. No movement until the last song and loud conversations from a couple behind me. Overall well worth the £2.50!

Yeah I'll second it that the crowd were generally awful, had a few hardcore FNM and SG fans near me for both sets which was nice but apart from that the crowd was pretty much motionless, even for Sabbath around me and we were quite far into the crowd.

It annoyed me that I only realised once I got there, that you needed a special ticket to get to the front. Anyway managed to get to the best position behind the barriers and still saw an awesome show. Motorhead were good, nothing special though. FNM were certainly interesting and Mike Patton put effort into their performance, and a few songs were excellent. Soundgarden were amazing, seriously good would love to see them again doing some stuff from badmotorfinger and down on the upside. Sabbath were incredible, excellent setlist and we'll performed though Ozzys voice wavered a bit in God is Dead? and Age of Reason. Fireworks were lovely too.

Black Sabbath were fantastic yesterday, really good and looked like they loved every minute.

Who knows if it'll be their last gig, it would be great for a band to sign off with that kind of performance but they can obviously still do it!

All I would say, and I'm not sure if this is a Hyde Park thing or People who the line up attracted thing, is that my female friends were bothered all day by drunk creepy middle aged men. Some of it, i guess, was in 'good banter' but most of it was down right disgusting and creepy as hell.

We were there and had a great time. Motorhead is what it is and was quite good fun but sound was a bit poor, came and went. We stood on the left side and then moved to the right which was much better. Faith No More were fab, Wolfmother's moshpit was totally insane! I was not in it, but watching from the outside and at any point in time there were three people crowdsurfing. We missed most of Soundgarden to queue up for Wolmother and it was worth it.

Ozzy rocked the place, we were standing towards the back and the whole audience from front to the back was dancing and waving there arms around so don't know where the person stood who said there was no atmosphere... all i could see was happy drunk people jumping around. He might walk a bit like a pensioner but his voice is still there, strong and clear.

One warning, don't eat the sausage from the stall near the back (not far from stage) - one of the worst i have ever had, almost cold, tasteless and a bread bun that fell apart it was that dry. Pasta salad earlier in the day was great, really liked that.