BST in Hyde Park 2014

Guest Tom Wells

I have to say I thought it felt really overcrowded, dangerously so, a few times during Black Sabbath on Friday. I think if you cut the capacity by 5,000/10,000 it would be a much better event with less of an edge to the atmosphere. However they will never do that as it's all about the money I guess

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a really good time, I was near the front at the left screen. It was cramped but we seemed to be just out of the crush zone. Everybody around us were spot on and in good spirits, I didn't encounter any trouble.

The organisers were a bit clueless though. The Enemy shouldn't of been on that early, they pulled a decent crowd, The Rifles, The Twang And The View were all too big for that summer stage, I couldn't see a thing when The Rifles were on, but managed to get forward for the other 2.

Hey just read thru last few pages and obviously went Sabbath on Friday.

Some things ill say, the premium viewing area is too big for how many people actually had tickets for it, it was insanely empty, so is a waste of space not being used.

That being said people saying it was overcrowded in the open general area, I didn't think it was at all, not whatsoever. I stayed around middle to back for the whole day, fuck getting down the front can't be arsed, not how it was bottlenecked to get down there, it would have felt rammed down there, I have to say where I was crowd was awesome for Sabbath, dancing around singing really going for it.

Sound quality for Motorhead was a bit poor but after that it was amazing sound IMO.

Really liked the theatre stage too, wooden floors and pub effect was a great touch, I saw a couple of the earlier bands in there, but missed Wolfmother cus the queue was like 200-300 people deep to get in and there was no chance getting in.

Only thing I'll say is beer was overpriced and there needed to be more food stalls I thought.

Would defo go again if there was a good line up, but fuck me is it dead around Hyde Park, theres no pubs, shops, offies even petrol stations.

Couldn't get anything after the gig.

The Pogues were the most enjoyable for me. With Libs, everyone around me was going too mental at the start, and loads (about 30, including me) fell down. Some lad who went down with us got surfed out shouting, 'my leg'.

After they stopped for the third time, during Time For Heroes, the crowd around me was dead, which was also a bit shit, but not as shit as the dickheads who ruined it for everyone. I've bought Ally Pally tickets as I have a feeling there'll be less dickheads (with the smaller capacity etc.) So it won't be ruined. I doubt they'd ever be allowed to play such a large scale show again, even if they were big enough

Absolutely terrible layout for a band like The Libertines. They should have anticipated the large surge in the front and made sure there were exit points at both sides, instead of blocking one side off for rich bastards. We were at the back corner of the front section and there were people constantly being pulled over the barrier by security to get out during the entire set. It ended up being an uncomfortable squash for the whole gig, and although the band played brilliantly, it marred our enjoyment.

Hey just read thru last few pages and obviously went Sabbath on Friday.

Some things ill say, the premium viewing area is too big for how many people actually had tickets for it, it was insanely empty, so is a waste of space not being used.

That being said people saying it was overcrowded in the open general area, I didn't think it was at all, not whatsoever. I stayed around middle to back for the whole day, fuck getting down the front can't be arsed, not how it was bottlenecked to get down there, it would have felt rammed down there, I have to say where I was crowd was awesome for Sabbath, dancing around singing really going for it.

Sound quality for Motorhead was a bit poor but after that it was amazing sound IMO.

Really liked the theatre stage too, wooden floors and pub effect was a great touch, I saw a couple of the earlier bands in there, but missed Wolfmother cus the queue was like 200-300 people deep to get in and there was no chance getting in.

Only thing I'll say is beer was overpriced and there needed to be more food stalls I thought.

Would defo go again if there was a good line up, but fuck me is it dead around Hyde Park, theres no pubs, shops, offies even petrol stations.

Couldn't get anything after the gig.