BST in Hyde Park 2014

Guest Tom Wells

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a long shot but does anyone driving down to sabbath from the North West fancy giving me and a mate a lift down. Been let down massively for our bus.

EDIT:- matters not now we managed to get on the National Express from Liverpool :-) hope everyone enjoys the gig!

Edited by TheSilence

Just so everyone knows, the barclaycard theatre stage is tiny - I tried to get in 5 minutes before Band Of Skulls yesterday and there was a massive queue and I was told that they'd reached capacity so no one else would be getting in. Disappointing, but was my own fault for leaving it late.

I'd recommend getting there at least 15 minutes before Wolfmother today if you want to see them. That said, it was so hot in that tent yesterday that I might just watch all of Soundgarden in the open air instead.

1. £5 pints :( (Bulmers cider is 4.50)

2. There were 'bag searches', but very poor- they just had a little peak in my bumbag, didnt make me take anything out or rifle through it. They let in my previously opened water bottle and didnt sniff it, so you could bring clear spirits i guess. No sniffer dogs. Some police presence outside but very little inside. You'll have 0 issues if you just balls your drugs, (or sandwich? :S )

3. The stages are very nice. Obviously main stage looks sw*nky with it's trees and HUGE screens, but also the Barclays Theatre- a lovely looking and sounding small venue, not too hot and theres a bar inside. You have to queue outside to get in.

4. The crowd is set out so as the entire left hand side is open to anyone. On the right there is 3 sections. You can get further forward based on your ticket price. Also, this may only be because Arcade Fire didnt sell as well as other ones, but I bourght a tshirt from the merch stall for my brother and they gave us two premium view wristbands free (worth about a tenner each). These give you access to the middle section on the right hand side.

5. Sound quality seemed MUCH better closer to the front. If you're fussed about the band, get forward!

6. Anyone travelling from Waterloo, Bond Street station is closed for the Jubilee line. Take the Bakerloo instead and change to Central at Oxford Circus instead.

Edited by nofunciona

4. The crowd is set out so as the entire left hand side is open to anyone. On the right there is 3 sections. You can get further forward based on your ticket price. Also, this may only be because Arcade Fire didnt sell as well as other ones, but I bourght a tshirt from the merch stall for my brother and they gave us two premium view wristbands free (worth about a tenner each). These give you access to the middle section on the right hand side.