Worst set you've ever seen at Glasto......

Guest swede

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for all the Haim shouts on here...which of their 4 sets this year?

not my cup of tea, but give them a bit of credit though for seeming to be truly loving their experience, understanding the significance of glasto....

Edited by Perks

Gorrillaz - much over-hyped. But nothing to match the disappointment of Paul Simon, who I'd really been looking forward to. From memory, it was cold and wet, which didn't help. Anyway we packed it in and went back to our tent for a mug of cocoa.

Gave U2 15 mins then went and watched Brit Floyd :) partly due to rain, partly due to the fact they were just not doing it for us. Brit Floyd were excellent (and indoors!).

Paul Simon goes down as our most disappointing Glasto set too, and yes it was hot iirc. It was weirdly claustrophobic, in a field! Chairs like we had never seen before, and he just didn't seem to want to be there. Yes he was poorly, but play a few of the songs we all wanted please, we are easily pleased by Sunday afternoon. Totally missed for us.

James Blunt 2008, I was 13 at the time and didn't know much about music however I made my parents watch them with me. Fucking hell it was so awful, everybody singing 'you're beautiful' has to be the most cringeworthy thing I've ever had to witness.

I remember a lot of people with Pimms and picnic blankets on that day. :P

Seen loads of - in my opinion - interesting gigs at Glastonbury that people on here slag off.Thing is festivals are different as the audience is made up from a wider range of people than a gig and a lot may see that act therefore as bad, when really it might have been fine, but wasn't to their taste. Horses for courses really.