qotsa

nufc1978

I've always steered clear of them as I thought I wouldn't like them. But Josh Homme was superb on Marc Maron's WTF podcast a while back. Really interesting and comes across as a thoughtful, intelligent guy. Love the stuff about the vast emptiness of the desert influencing his sound. Fabulous stuff.

I love desert rock and there genuinely isn't a better accompaniment to driving across those vast desert landscapes of the states. The music and mood just connect so well. He totally nailed it.

Its an exhilarating experience driving across somewhere like Death Valley or New Mexico with nothing as far as the eye can and Kyuss blasting out full volume.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Queens at Reading too. As Wooderson's pointed out, it was a great setlist, was a very stripped back show too. Probably the moodiest set I'd seen from them. Had a real dark groove to it.

I think they were just sick of touring since Natasha Schneider (ex-member and Alain's wife) died while they were on that tour.

Another point for Kyuss fans, I only just checked out the Vista Chino's (Brant and John's new band) album a couple of weeks ago and it was brilliant, so if you haven't got round to listening to that yet - do so.

• 1 year later...

Just imagine they'd booked QOTSA to sub FF, unimaginable personally

They've done a good job of stepping out of Foos shadows and into a headline slot so would be shitty if they jumped straight back in.

Headlining next year would be massive. And if they're looking to rope new headers in then they can't go wrong with QOTSA as they've really sorted their shit out live and are back to their peak creatively. Can't really imagine it though.

Queens have earned their stripes at the festival too. Easy, easy shout for a headliner next year. Piece of cake for them.

I wouldnt put it past Ms. Welch's ambition to call Homme to reprise their sweet mother of holy hoppin' hell thats a career low for you big lad cover of "Jackson".