qotsa

nufc1978

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify I think QOTSA are a fuck ton better than Biffy, and they were the bomb at the Hydro last year, despite some old geezer who was off his head grabbing me by the neck and punching me in the face.

I concur that gig was absolutely dynamite, they were on top form and the crowd was on top form

I concur that gig was absolutely dynamite, they were on top form and the crowd was on top form

Yeah they were fantastic that night. That was a ridiculous week for gigs for me, had Arcade Fire at the barrowlands the night before it then Sigur Ros and Arctic Monkeys a few days after it. Doubt I'll get that again anytime soon!

Queens are the last *great* American rock band. Whilst there's ample chance/probability for Biffy to headline this immediate comparison to Queens is silly/comical. Let the Queens play last. Give me that one thing people. I beg of you.

I fully agree with you Wooderson, Queens should be the one playing last - but if the hypothetical situation occurred where Biffy and QOTSA were the pyramid's top 2... BIffy would close the show.

Yeah they were fantastic that night. That was a ridiculous week for gigs for me, had Arcade Fire at the barrowlands the night before it then Sigur Ros and Arctic Monkeys a few days after it. Doubt I'll get that again anytime soon!

I had the very same, got a free tick to frightened rabbit as well, definitely great week

Just to clarify I think QOTSA are a fuck ton better than Biffy, and they were the bomb at the Hydro last year, despite some old geezer who was off his head grabbing me by the neck and punching me in the face.

What's the Hydro like mate? I've tickets to U2 there in Nov.

What's the Hydro like mate? I've tickets to U2 there in Nov.

Standing or seated?

It's good, I only got Hydro tickets because it was the only Saturday gig, but I'm glad I did. Obviously with the amphitheatre shape you'll always have a good view from the seated section, and you'll never be too far back in the standing section.

One weird thing about it is the barrier is only in the centre, and so you can basically go round it and be next to the stage, as you can see in this picture (from a lovely Rod Stewart gig).

_70202985_hydroone.jpg

Can't remember what the sound was like, really, although it was a bloody loud gig.

Drinks were cheap if I remember correctly; we were pleasantly surprised by the cost.

In fairness Biffy are bigger than QOTSA, and if one was subbing the other it'd be QOTSA subbing Biffy.

Yeah but why would either have to be subbing? Matt flat out suggested them subbing Biffy.

I wouldnt put it past Ms. Welch's ambition to call Homme to reprise their sweet mother of holy hoppin' hell thats a career low for you big lad cover of "Jackson".

I actually think his career low might be playing guitar on Biffy's Bubbles.

why are people even talking about biffy clyro in this thread? stop it, they're boring MOR shite.

Cause they are also brilliant. Its possible to love more than rock band.

Anyway the whole argument is silly, as it wouldn't happen at Glastonbury which ever way around you would prefer:p

Following a performance by QOTSA at the Jay Z-owned Made In America Festival in the summer of 2013, Homme made comments about the rap star during a radio interview with CBC Radio 2 ’s “Strombo Show.” Homme explained that his band was frisked by the event's security team prior to the performance and referred to Jay Z's personal interaction with the band as a marketing stunt. Homme stated:

He has his security frisking the bands on the way in. I just told them if you open up my bag I'm not playing so I guess it's up to you whether we are playing or not … The idea they frisked all my guys, means you're in some different place, no-one has ever done that [to me] ... He also gave us some champagne and wanted us to take a photo with it. And I thought that's not a gift that is a marketing tool. So I destroyed it. Because I thought it was rude overall. And you shouldn't frisk my guys, you should fuck off

:lol:

Record and tour asap please!

And add the above to the Jay Z/Beyonce are c**ts bucket.

Edited by The Nal