qotsa

nufc1978

I thought QOTSA would sub the Pyramid this year, and was wrong so hopefully they will do it in 2014.

In terms of bands that are around during Glasto-time (i.e. European festival circuit), next year isn't looking too bad. Arcade Fire, Queens of the Stone Age, Pixies, The National etc.

Of course whether any of those will play is a different matter.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were incredible at Birmingham last week. Would definitely pull off the headliner slot. With the added exposure of a headline slot at Reading or a sub slot at Glastonbury (other header would be amazing again but I reckon subs get more tv exposure), I can see them being undeniable headliners in the future. If it's ever gonna happen it'll be in the next year or two though.

They were incredible at Birmingham last week. Would definitely pull off the headliner slot. With the added exposure of a headline slot at Reading or a sub slot at Glastonbury (other header would be amazing again but I reckon subs get more tv exposure), I can see them being undeniable headliners in the future. If it's ever gonna happen it'll be in the next year or two though.

They were fantastic at Wembley this weekend but I think it'll be Reading & Leeds headline spot for Homme & Co this year. I'm not so sure you'll ever see QOTSA headline the Pyramid to be honest. Time will tell.

Glasgow was also superb. Brilliant setlist

Queens were really poor at Leeds 08. The sound didn't help mind, and there was a huge crowd clearly just waiting for Rage. It actually put me off the band until I saw them at reading on tv a couple of years later, and then that fantastic Glasto set in 2011.

I will never understand what people see in them, they put on a strong live show and have a few fun singles but that is completely offset by the torrent of **** throughout the bulk of their albums. They're so cripplingly boring at times it hurts.

I've seen them three times and they'll always draw a crowd and put on a show, but headlining festivals is the step up they'll never take until they 'do a Blink-182' by splitting for a few years then dubbing it a reunion.

Queens were really poor at Leeds 08. The sound didn't help mind, and there was a huge crowd clearly just waiting for Rage. It actually put me off the band until I saw them at reading on tv a couple of years later, and then that fantastic Glasto set in 2011.

I thought they were poor at Leeds 08 but my chums all said they were grand..

Josh said in an interview afterwards that the Reading 08 set was "esoteric". Personally I loved it, equally as good as RATM that night

I think they got slammed for that set on other forums and also maybe this forum too. I thought it was a pretty good set, though my weedy 17 year old frame couldn't take the ridiculous surges from the crowd.

I've always steered clear of them as I thought I wouldn't like them. But Josh Homme was superb on Marc Maron's WTF podcast a while back. Really interesting and comes across as a thoughtful, intelligent guy. Love the stuff about the vast emptiness of the desert influencing his sound. Fabulous stuff.

I've always steered clear of them as I thought I wouldn't like them. But Josh Homme was superb on Marc Maron's WTF podcast a while back. Really interesting and comes across as a thoughtful, intelligent guy. Love the stuff about the vast emptiness of the desert influencing his sound. Fabulous stuff.

That was the point he came clean about suffering from MRSA. Homme's the last great rock star lads.