Acts with planned activity on or around June 2014

Guest gibbin82

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious question - and probably impossible to answer.

This is our first Glasto and we are reasonably fit and will both be 49 but we know it is going to take it's toll on us.

We both have to work the next week so...................

If we do Glasto and then work would be make it through Friday night in Hyde Park if we bought tickets for Black Sabbath - I can keep going and going but reading how some take a week off work after Glasto it makes me wonder!!!!

Yeah I always have the Monday off too and have a nice sleep from when I get home mid afternoon until the next morning. I was at a gig on the Saturday after last year and was fine, will most likely be going to Kanye at Wireless or James Blunt in Preston on the Friday this year. You'll be fine.

I always take the Monday (to travel back) and Tuesday (to recover) off work, but I think I could get away with less - I just prefer to take the extra day to relax. Don't think there's any need to take the full week unless there's some serious overindulgence involved.

It's not just the physical side, if it's your first them, then your head will likely be spinning for a few days after the festival, and it's good to ease yourself back into the real world. One year I started a new job on the Wednesday after the Festival, and that wasn't the best idea.

I'll be back at work on Wednesday, the missus is back Tuesday and on the Friday we are going camping again to watch the Tour de France/Yorkshire

Sabbath and Soundgarden are in mainland Europe on Fri/Sun so I don't think there's much hope there, not that I did anyway. Faith No More would be a bloody interesting prospect but I'm not sure where they'd fit. Motorhead seem to be free after Friday too; I've had a hope sneaky feeling that they'd show up with them playing Coachella showing that they're prepared to play non-rock/metal festivals.

My best mate is trying to persuade me to do the Sabbath gig. Must admit I am tempted and it's just a stroll up the road for me but I'm concerned about the Glastonbury hangover too. Planning to go back on the Thursday but in previous years Pulp at Wireless and Arcade Fire in Hyde Park were a bit of a struggle for me physically. I think my main problem though is that I hardly sleep at the festival.

Sure she'll persuade me.

David Gray announces June/ July UK shows around festivals

Symphony Hall, Birmingham, Mon, 23 Jun 2014

Royal Albert Hall, London, Tue, 24 Jun 2014

York Barbican Centre, Wed, 02 Jul 2014

The Lowry, Salford, Thu, 03 Jul 2014

Colston Hall, Bristol, Tue, 08 Jul 2014

Bournemouth Pavilion, Wed, 09 Jul 2014

Brian Jonestown Massacre are in UK on Friday & Saturday of the festival and have Sunday 29th down in their tour schedule as TBC with location as UK - almost a sure thing they're playing.