• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yellow_Fellow

• Gucci Piggy

• dentalplan

• justanothername

You don't see any Oasis resemblance? For real?

Haha I don't think I'd seen that one, can't deny to similarities though.

Wasn't Gazza adamant that they weren't big enough to sub fests this year lol

If you're on about Alt-J, I thought it was too high yes, echoed in their other UK festival bookings. R&L got shafted on that one but then Glasto done themselves a bit on Rudimental Other headline so wings n all.

First year since 2006 that I haven't been to Reading, I have to admit I'm feeling a bit sad despite the shit weather and shit lineup. Does TV coverage still happen for this? I have no idea. /old

Don't watch on tv, that's how I get by. You'll feel a bit shitty 1st time but after the weekend you won't think twice.

Of course one headliner/stage/day will be heavier, by the virtue that not all acts are exactly as heavy as each other. That's what makes claiming a 'heavy day' as a thing so fucking stupid.

The point isn't that there isn't a day that is heavier than the other two (like I said, of course there is, although it's open to personal interpretation), but that there isn't a pre-determined 'heavy day' like 'metal Sunday' at Reading that so many people think did/does exist.

Whichever way you look at it, Saturday at Reading wouldn't look out of place at Download Festival.

Don't watch on tv, that's how I get by. You'll feel a bit shitty 1st time but after the weekend you won't think twice.

Yeah I was a bit gutted when the weekend came round last year, but this year I couldn't care less and didn't actually realise it was this week until someone asked if I wanted to go with them on Friday. Probably helps that none of my friends are going this year but they all went last year, though.

Yeah I was a bit gutted when the weekend came round last year, but this year I couldn't care less and didn't actually realise it was this week until someone asked if I wanted to go with them on Friday. Probably helps that none of my friends are going this year but they all went last year, though.

Yeah it defo helps that you're not missing it while others are there. For me it's some of the bands I would see but I think for the actual fest I've just grown out of it. I like a bit of sleep at night etc and just lost a bit of the enjoyment there.