• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yellow_Fellow

• Gucci Piggy

• dentalplan

• justanothername

Just read through all the pages since the announcement and I'm still left questioning why the people I know in real life are angered at the announcement. They KNEW it was Mumfords, and yet people are still getting annoyed. It's like they're being FORCED to spend £210 and go. I well and truly think that, even with Metallica, Royal Blood, Deadmau5 and Knife Party, I'm gonna have to give Leeds a miss. 2013 was good, but 2014 was full of pills and dickheads, I just wish I could've gone to the 'old' Leeds where it wasn't full of idiots

Edited by ToeJaylor

I think 2013 is probably gonna end up being my peak year at Reading in terms of enjoyment in the arena, everything came together that year. I agree the crowd seemed worse last year but I put that down to me just being older. It is mildly depressing knowing that my best times at Reading are behind me...still, I imagine I'll be able to scrape together a watchable line-up across all the stages. If they keep pulling random amazing bookings like Refused out they'll keep getting my money even if I'm not keen on the route the rest of the festival goes...

On Rebel Sound. They way I took their interview on Zane Lowe last night was that they are playing the radio1/NME stage.

Zane asked along the lines of, when thinking about where to play shows with Rebel Sound this year what made you choose Reading and Leeds.

They replied with something along the lines of, we chose it because we needed the space to deliver the full live show.

That to me would suggest r1/NME rather than the smaller dance stage.

Edited by kev1664

Well obviously now FR have said Mumfords are a 'rock band' they must be one and everything is fine.

Sigh.

EDIT: Inevitable 'Sigh No More' references in 3, 2, ...

Edited by theevilfridge

That Rebel Sound video posted here is no different to the Global Gathering event I went to in Birmingham on New Year's Eve. They're an act that has performed live only once and its not even as if I really dislike their sound, but I don't see how they would warrant an NME headline spot.

An easy way to potentially sort this out. Neil, have you heard anything about what stage they are playing?

Edited by Andre91

Decent enough, bit bland but I am still left with hope about the whole line ups potential (however misplaced that may be :P) depending where bands are placed/days are set out.

Why have Mumford's lost the tweed in the PR photo? Are they going to be be givng up the Banjos and going EDM for this year? :P

I love all the bitching, when only about 10% of the lineup has been revealed! Good to see the Efests Reading crowd as it always is, unsated

Bands announced so far, as they always have been, a big old mix of everything, decent enough and more than enough still to come that will leave most with easily enough to enjoy or discover across the many acts left to come.

Not my choice of headliners (bar Metallica) but I suspect I'll enjoy them all in the end, esp if both have albums out with some decent new material to fill the gaps.

As ever there will no doubt also be 3-4 acts that you've probably barely heard of now that everyone will be dying to hear come the end of August