Lineup 2015

kaosmark2

Not saying Gorillaz are likely for Reading at all as it does seem a little odd but Gorillaz, Metallica and The Libertines would make me very happy.. don't like The Libertines but would just hope Refused would clash with them (Refused closing the weekend would be incredible).

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yellow_Fellow

• Gucci Piggy

• dentalplan

• justanothername

Dunno. Whilst Bestival's headliners vary in size the majority of them recently would've probably been fine at Latitude, and Latitude themselves have had some decent sized headliners in the last couple of years (Black Keys and Elbow both R&L subs & comfortably in arenas).

I guess it's hard to judge their size given how few gigs they've played and their only major fest appearance being an anomaly, but I wouldn't personally put them as headliners at R&L so doing Latitude would probably be a better option. Plus Damon clearly likes it there.

Well that's just it. Damon's solo/side projects have headlined Latitude and have been nowhere near as successful as Gorillaz. I'd wager them to be bigger than either of Elbow or The Black Keys personally and comfortable headliners at major fests - and a big one at Bestival. It's not as if they were a super weak option for Glastonbury to fall back on otherwise they'd probably have just bumped up a sub instead.

I can't see Gorillaz at R&L either. At least not this year. Didn't Albarn say something at the tail end of 2014 about a Gorillaz album maybe in 2016?

Yeah I've just read this (this second) too so maybe not. Still they've never had them play anyway so it wouldn't be like they don't have anything new to go on.

Edited by dentalplan

Even if it was, there's no way that would be some kind of policy.

Not saying it's a policy but they'd be more inclined to book a band on reunion hype that they know has a history / popular with the festival.

Oh and I'm mainly talking about headline acts to those who questioned refused.