girl up out the crowd for a dance at the end of Here comes the night time
was great and you just knew what was coming when he took her hand and
waited a second for the security fella to get across and help her back
down. She gave him a final smile and then threw herself full length back
into the crowd. Magic !
Some cracking tunes before and after from the DJ and good to see The
Barra`s crowd on top form. Didn`t see 1 drink being thrown ( but plenty of
sombreros and top hats) and great scenes all round at the end with people
hugging each other and singing Wake Up on the way out.

Edited by comfortablynumb1910

Hope this works, if not fix it tomorrow

Pics

Great pics Paul. I noticed one in particular has a rather dashing looking

individual in a mask and bow tie in the background. Have sent you a pm as

would be great to get a copy. Are we all thinking that it was them

wandering about at the start in the masks ? Like to think it was as we got

a few decent pictures ( not on facebook so don`t know how to post ! ). Also

heard Win was serving in the bar downstairs afterwards.

My gut feeling is that they will not be at Glastonbury. Maybe wishful

thinking as I didn`t get a ticket :P . Don`t think it will be a

money thing and as had been shown above they have the setlist to pull off a

headline slot. I just sense that they would need to feel really wanted, so

unless they were signed up a while back.....................

Edited by comfortablynumb1910

Roskilde announced they are not playing that festival as they travel back from Europe the week before. Glastonbury is 1 week before Roskilde.

ooooohhhhhhh

in other news, they've stuck with the 'formal attire or fancy dress' rule for their American arena tour (and no doubt the same will happen when it comes over here). needless to say, many people are angry about this

ooooohhhhhhh

in other news, they've stuck with the 'formal attire or fancy dress' rule for their American arena tour (and no doubt the same will happen when it comes over here). needless to say, many people are angry about this

Are they the same kind of idiots who were angry about it in this thread because they didn't believe it wasn't mandatory?

Are they the same kind of idiots who were angry about it in this thread because they didn't believe it wasn't mandatory?

the very same. although to be fair i'm reading comments from the Pitchfork Facebook page so i don't know why i expected anything less. a whole lot of "don't tell me what to wear!"s and "GOD THIS BAND IS SO PRETENTIOUS"s

Fantastic news! Reading the excitement it generated from people who went and got involved...I really quite like the idea now :D

btw you all you people who used their pre-order code on the Reflektors gigs......they reset them for the North American tour! So you should hopefully get a pre-order for the UK tour to I guess.

ooooohhhhhhh

Grumpy bastards. Every review I've read of the warm up gigs has mentioned how the dressing up really added to the mood of the evening.

Still got my fingers crossed for Glastonbury, it would really be something special.

Roskilde announced they are not playing that festival as they travel back from Europe the week before. Glastonbury is 1 week before Roskilde.

Pretty much. Glastonbury will be the last weekend they could be in Europe. Fortunately there's no big US festivals on Glastonbury weekend so, again, it's probably whether they've been offered the gig or not.

ooooohhhhhhh

Hmm. I still think it's good that they're doing this but isn't the fancy dress atmosphere thing lost on an arena anyway?

the very same. although to be fair i'm reading comments from the Pitchfork Facebook page so i don't know why i expected anything less. a whole lot of "don't tell me what to wear!"s and "GOD THIS BAND IS SO PRETENTIOUS"s

the average pitchfork reader preaching about being pretentious? the thought eludes me

• Upvote 2

Hmm. I still think it's good that they're doing this but isn't the fancy dress atmosphere thing lost on an arena anyway?

yeah it doesn't seem like it'll have nearly the same effect as it has at these smaller shows - especially if, say, you're seated. just sitting there in a giant chicken costume would be kind of weird. i'm all for it and the band can do whatever they want, but the formal / fancy dress thing probably should've been left at the intimate shows

"@ArcadeFiretube: Arcade Fire by the looks of it all set to be announced as T in the Park headliner. #TITP #Scotland"

Hmm, I'm calling bullshit. After all, that account is slowly becoming a bullshit account.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but they 'ruled' Arcade Fire out of headlining Glastonbury based on their much-anticipated US tour in July.

I'd be very surprised if they're announced.

Edited by GlastoSimon

Just on a side note I popped radio one on as I thought I'd have a listen to arcade fire, I've just had the misfortune to hear enter shikari. A name so irritating I'd ignored for quite a while. Turns out they are worse than that.

I'm shouting, you rap, then the other one, you try and do a melody or whatever it's called . Like that band called the automatic. But with more limp bizkit

Edited by formed a band

"@ArcadeFiretube: Arcade Fire by the looks of it all set to be announced as T in the Park headliner. #TITP #Scotland"

We all knew it was gonna be Arctics. The guy who runs that account is adamant they're not playing Glasto but if he thought they were doing Titp, he's clearly not got all the details anyway.

I'm still holding out hope for AF to headline. I can't imagine them doing R&L again, the V audience isn't right for them, Latitude apparently a no go since they're supposed to be elsewhere in July. Bestival seems a good shout, especially with the fancy dress thing fitting in with this tour.

We all knew it was gonna be Arctics. The guy who runs that account is adamant they're not playing Glasto but if he thought they were doing Titp, he's clearly not got all the details anyway.

I'm still holding out hope for AF to headline. I can't imagine them doing R&L again, the V audience isn't right for them, Latitude apparently a no go since they're supposed to be elsewhere in July. Bestival seems a good shout, especially with the fancy dress thing fitting in with this tour.

IOW?

That account has come up with so much crap. Only known of it a few weeks, initially thought it was good with its information but it's really not!

IOW?

I think somebody said that there is another fest that weekend that Arcade Fire are likely to headline because it's run by the same promoter as some other festivals that they're headlining. Not 100% though.