Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

http://www.nme.com/news/arcade-fire/73935

Whatever your opinions on Chris Martin and his band, who better to dispel their opinions of the festival from last time?

I didn't realise he was close with arcade fire so it works both ways - he can recommend the festival to them after their bad experience (like he did to

Springsteen when he hadn't heard of it) and also has the ear of the organisers so if he's a fan he'll have made it known to Emily.

I don't want to get my hopes up but it is looking increasingly promising....

I thought the same thing when I saw that article. Promising!

we've heard a fair bit of gossip (that we've been sat on for a while) saying that Arcade Fire will headline the Friday night.

The gossip is very consistent, tho nothing can be solidly traced back to anything which is good enough for us to bet the house on.

Will this now fuel the rumour more of Bowie taking a break from filming Louis Vuitton ads to come on as a backing singer?

we've heard a fair bit of gossip (that we've been sat on for a while) saying that Arcade Fire will headline the Friday night.

The gossip is very consistent, tho nothing can be solidly traced back to anything which is good enough for us to bet the house on.

If my favourite band plays my first Glastonbury, on the weekend of my birthday, it's safe to say I'm gonna be pretty impatient for the next seven months.

Knew that " 3 headliners who havent played before" would be a load of arse gravy. Really hope this is true would love to see them headline Glastonbury!

It's possible they're a replacement (Michael Eavis said previously he had 2 or the 3 he wanted) to that original plan. Or that the legend slot has the biggest headline artist - Michael wouldn't necessarily call the last act on the headliner. It's the acts that get all the headlines. Edited by 5co77ie

I'm not a fan of Friday's at the Pyramid sadly due to past Friday headliners for me ending up a bit crap :P

But I'll take the gossip as solid fact :D:P

yessssssssss!

Stop soiling great threads with your filth! :P

:D

thanks not what we're hearing, sorry.

Mind you, I can't believe what we're hearing. More news soon(ish).

such a tease! although new news is always good

Clashing with Pixies might break a few hearts.

i don't believe the organisers are stupid enough to make such a clash happen. surely a huge crossover fanbase there

Brilliant news, wanted to see them for ages but never got round to it.

Just a shame they aren't headlining the Sunday so I could of won my willy hill bet :P

I had a tenner on Fleetwood Mac to headline the Saturday, that's gone a bit quiet now since John's treatment. I'd rather he made a full recovery than me winning some extra money though!