Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Couldn't agree more. The months of ridicule that preceded their set was crazy!

Everything fell into place perfectly, I also don't think they'll top that performance for me. What makes it better is all but one of my friends went to Pendulum and they've regretted it ever since :P

I went to Pendulum as they were my favourite band then I thought they were immense, but if that clash happened now at a festival I'd go to AF.

Always unpopular opinions I seem to have on this.

1. Half Light II (No Celebration)

2. (Antichrist Television Blues)

3. Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)

4. Neighborhood #3 Power Out

5. No Cars Go

I love Half Light II. Win has never sounded more like a young Springsteen. Well, except for Antichrist Television Blues. Clearly you have a thing for Win sounding like a young Springsteen.

Whilst I love AF, I love Tunnels... Best opening track on an album ever?!

Gimme Shelter by the Stones. By some distance.

To be fair, I did say favourite. I think Gimme Shelter is the Stones' best song, but I have no particular loyalty or personal attachment to it, or to them as a band. I do with Tunnels.

To be fair, I did say favourite. I think Gimme Shelter is the Stones' best song, but I have no particular loyalty or personal attachment to it, or to them as a band. I do with Tunnels.

Fair play, I do get that. Favourite and "best" can often be different.

Automatic for the people is the first album I bought. Drive would definitely be in my list of favourite openers... But I suspect it wouldn't make many other peoples.

Tunnels is a fantastic opener - I love it.

Fair play, I do get that. Favourite and "best" can often be different.

Automatic for the people is the first album I bought. Drive would definitely be in my list of favourite openers... But I suspect it wouldn't make many other peoples.

Tunnels is a fantastic opener - I love it.

Oh, I'm completely with you on Drive, that's an excellent opener.

I'm going to be sucked into thinking of my favourite album openers now, aren't I? Dance Yrself Clean from This Is Happening, One More Time from Discovery, Intro from Xx, Dream House from Sunbather, Turn the Page from Original Pirate Material, Hope There's Someone from I Am A Bird Now and Storm from Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven.

Just off the top of my head. And I notice they're mostly from the last ten years or so, which sort of proves my point.

• 4 months later...

http://www.thereflektortapes.com/

There's some sort of film coming out on September 24th called 'The Reflektor Tapes'. Seems like it will be a bit like Mirror Noir going by the trailers with some live bits as well as bits about Haiti and the making of the album. It's being shown in cinemas so hopefully there's quite a few over here showing it.

The title track is still my favourite Arcade Fire song. I think the album is really good but not quite up there with Funeral or The Suburbs. Haven't listened to it in a while actually, that's tomorrow's listening sorted!

don't think i've actually listened to Reflektor (or thinking about it, possibly even Arcade Fire) since Glastonbury last year as i'd been listening to them a ridiculous amount in the lead up to the festival. will possibly have to have a binge soon

Great to see this thread back. It's really hard to choose between the other 3 albums after Funeral. I'd err on the side of The Suburbs as that tour was a touch better than the Reflektor tour. Albeit also the first time I saw them so it was inevitable I would be blown away.