Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Was £12.50 for me when I turned up, don't know where I got £8 from.

Liked the film a lot though!

Yep! I loved it. The cinematography was stunning. Loved the new edits of the songs where they extracted the vocals and amplified certain bits. Could've done with seeing more of the rest of the band, especially Richard (and Owen and Sarah, but I suppose they aren't really in the band). But I could listen to Regine speak for hours, I love how you can genuinely tell she loves her craft.

Found it a bit boring. When it finished I wondered why I'd spent the money on it. Was expecting more actual discussion of the recording/writing process and stuff. 90% of the time seemed to just be playing the songs along with random footage.

In the cinema in Sc**thorpe there was one family of 5, me, a girl on her own and another guy on his own. That was it.

Will didn't like it, that settles it, it's a great film!

I think you have to see it not as a documentary, but as a companion piece to the album and to where the band is at this point in time. It adds a lot of context to the album, showing where the songs originated and then in another form to the recorded version in the live records and alternate/edited takes. It took a very show-don't-tell approach to it, keeping the talky bits very short, which I liked because it lets you pick up on things yourself based on your enjoyment of the album. I don't think you'd necessarily have to be really into Reflektor to like it, but it's definitely not for everybody. I'll definitely be getting the blu-ray if there is one, I can see myself enjoying lots of re-watches. Also I walked out when I thought the credits were over, and realised there was a secret talky bit at the end, I hung around in the vestibule to watch some of it, but felt like the other 3 people in the screen would have been like "hahaaaaaaaa, look at those w*nkers" if we came sheepishly back in and sat down. So I left something I was enjoying, out of shame!

I think you have to see it not as a documentary, but as a companion piece to the album and to where the band is at this point in time. It adds a lot of context to the album, showing where the songs originated and then in another form to the recorded version in the live records and alternate/edited takes. It took a very show-don't-tell approach to it, keeping the talky bits very short, which I liked because it lets you pick up on things yourself based on your enjoyment of the album. I don't think you'd necessarily have to be really into Reflektor to like it, but it's definitely not for everybody. I'll definitely be getting the blu-ray if there is one, I can see myself enjoying lots of re-watches. Also I walked out when I thought the credits were over, and realised there was a secret talky bit at the end, I hung around in the vestibule to watch some of it, but felt like the other 3 people in the screen would have been like "hahaaaaaaaa, look at those w*nkers" if we came sheepishly back in and sat down. So I left something I was enjoying, out of shame!

Fuck the other three people, seriously.

Yeah I went into it assuming it was more of a documentary. I hadn't really read anything about it and tbh wasn't even going to go until I was bored at home at 7:30 and realised I had nothing better to do.

Did yours not say at the beginning there was a discussion with band afterwards?

Yeah I went into it assuming it was more of a documentary. I hadn't really read anything about it and tbh wasn't even going to go until I was bored at home at 7:30 and realised I had nothing better to do.

Did yours not say at the beginning there was a discussion with band afterwards?

Possibly, we arrived pretty much as it started so I could have missed that. Turns out there are two fucking cinemas in Bolton and this wasn't at the one I know about, people giving me all these directions involving football stadiums and shit like I'd know anything about that. Also I left left my glasses in the car in all the excitement, so text on the screen that wasn't big would probably have eluded me.

Found it a bit boring. When it finished I wondered why I'd spent the money on it. Was expecting more actual discussion of the recording/writing process and stuff. 90% of the time seemed to just be playing the songs along with random footage.

And you went and saw that Muse live show movie in cinema a bunch of times!

Sounds quite like Miroir Noir from that description, which is what I was expecting.

And you went and saw that Muse live show movie in cinema a bunch of times!

Sounds quite like Miroir Noir from that description, which is what I was expecting.

Oi I only went once! I'm pretty sure it was only on once.

There's a Sony shop in Newcastle that plays Muse Live in Rome non-stop on their tv's. It's the worst thing in the world.

Edit: To expand on that (because who doesn't love an anecdote?!), one night last Summer me and my brother watched the Muse show on DVD, and then when we turned it off our Sky box was on Sky Arts, and they were showing the Muse show, which we found a creepy coincidence. The next day we went to Newcastle and walked into a Sony shop. Guess what? The Muse show was on. We assumed it was just being shown on Sky Arts again and they had it on. Then a couple of weeks ago we went to Newcastle again and walked into the same shop. Muse show playing. From this I've assumed it's on non-stop. Too much Muse coincidence though.

Edited by Will-2609

Oi I only went once! I'm pretty sure it was only on once.

There's a Sony shop in Newcastle that plays Muse Live in Rome non-stop on their tv's. It's the worst thing in the world.

Edit: To expand on that (because who doesn't love an anecdote?!), one night last Summer me and my brother watched the Muse show on DVD, and then when we turned it off our Sky box was on Sky Arts, and they were showing the Muse show, which we found a creepy coincidence. The next day we went to Newcastle and walked into a Sony shop. Guess what? The Muse show was on. We assumed it was just being shown on Sky Arts again and they had it on. Then a couple of weeks ago we went to Newcastle again and walked into the same shop. Muse show playing. From this I've assumed it's on non-stop. Too much Muse coincidence though.

I've seen it in Comet.

I think it's one of the few pieces of 4k content in existence that isn't just macro shots of flowers and glasses of wine sloshing about in slo-mo.

• Upvote 1