Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

• 1 month later...

It’s difficult to give recommendations with regards to Reflektor specifically, because they riff off of so many different influences on that album.

An obvious one, but overall New Order are probably the band that I think they most closely resemble, Afterlife in particular being a compete (but brilliant) rip off. The first couple of albums have got a clear Echo & The Bunnymen influence. In terms of modern bands, their Montreal friends Wolf Parade have a similar kind of vibe, I guess. Apologies To The Queen Mary is a great album.

They’re pretty blatant with their influences sometimes, but when it all comes together there’s no one that sounds like them, which is one of the reasons I love them so much. Lots of post-Funeral bands have tried though.

Edited by bocumaroy

I don't know that LCD Soundsystem are all that similar to Arcade Fire, although they are the best band that's ever existed and willutalk should be pumping them into his metally ears, stat.

I think you can hear similarities on a few of the Reflektor tracks. But also, everyone should just listen to LCD Soundsystem anyway.

Can someone recommend some bands similar to Arcade Fire, especially the Reflektor sort of vibe. As I really adore the album ATM.

LCD Soundsystem, Talking Heads, David Bowie, Yeasayer, Prince, New Order, Depeche Mode, Metronomy? Like a big mixture of all of them maybe.

Edited by BenjKJDandy

• 2 weeks later...

On second listen, I'm not quite as fond of these as I first thought. 'Finish' is the only song that doesn't work at all for me, but I'm not really fond of the (sort of bluesy?) rock n roll vibe to the more uptempo songs. 'What I Want' is probably the best of them, as it's the one that seems to explode with the most energy, and I think the others would be a lot better if they had the energy of an actual live band, drums and bass and all that, but they're a bit boring in the videos. Shame that the recording of 'Sun Comes Up' cuts out early, that's my favourite so far. Quite poppy.

I'm impressed with his vocal delivery, some of the lyrics, and the backing singers, who are actually the best thing about most of the videos.

On second listen, I'm not quite as fond of these as I first thought. 'Finish' is the only song that doesn't work at all for me, but I'm not really fond of the (sort of bluesy?) rock n roll vibe to the more uptempo songs. 'What I Want' is probably the best of them, as it's the one that seems to explode with the most energy, and I think the others would be a lot better if they had the energy of an actual live band, drums and bass and all that, but they're a bit boring in the videos. Shame that the recording of 'Sun Comes Up' cuts out early, that's my favourite so far. Quite poppy.

I'm impressed with his vocal delivery, some of the lyrics, and the backing singers, who are actually the best thing about most of the videos.

I can imagine if Will does tour properly then he would throw together a proper band. I'm yet to listen to the other songs apart from 'Take My Side' and I enjoyed that one. I am very interested to how it'll all transpire on record.

I've seen multiple articles that get confused between Will and Win.

Edited by AdamWillingham