Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

I'm more moderately interested rather than excited, but a tour, plus hopefully Richard re-arranging his shows, should help pass the time until the next AF album.

Anyone listen to this? https://audioboom.com/boos/2662902-episode-2-arcade-fireFound it really interesting. I'd quite like that punk influence to be explored more in the future.

I'm more moderately interested rather than excited, but a tour, plus hopefully Richard re-arranging his shows, should help pass the time until the next AF album.

Anyone listen to this? https://audioboom.com/boos/2662902-episode-2-arcade-fireFound it really interesting. I'd quite like that punk influence to be explored more in the future.

I'd love a big UK tour sometime next year!

I'd love a big UK tour sometime next year!

From Will? It'd be interesting, but I dunno, my anticipation for the album is pretty muted. If he was opening for the band, though, that's another story. I did see arcadefiretube mention the other day that their touring crew were expecting to be called into action in 2015, but it's not clear when 'were' applies to, and if that's still the case.

I sort of dismissed it at the time, just because they I don't remember them extending previous tours after the big finale, but maybe there will be something. They did seem pretty regrettable to not have played outside of London for the full shows.

From Will? It'd be interesting, but I dunno, my anticipation for the album is pretty muted. If he was opening for the band, though, that's another story. I did see arcadefiretube mention the other day that their touring crew were expecting to be called into action in 2015, but it's not clear when 'were' applies to, and if that's still the case.

I sort of dismissed it at the time, just because they I don't remember them extending previous tours after the big finale, but maybe there will be something. They did seem pretty regrettable to not have played outside of London for the full shows.

Yes I meant from Will.

I'm just pretty excited for it since seeing him perform 'London' at Earls Court, since I heard him sing that I thought I would love a Will solo album so I am really glad he's finally bringing one out. I think my excitement transforms more into curiosity and intrigue than excitement because I think it'll be amazing or anything like that.

By big UK tour I mean extensive, not big venues, I would love tiny venues. I reckon we will get a date in the big cities, London, Manchester, Glasgow but not many other places.

Yeah, I actually find his vocals pretty impressive. I reckon it'll be decent enough, but I don't think Win and Regine will have to worry too much about handing over the songwriting reigns for the next album.

He'd play smallish venues I imagine. It's the kind of thing I'd be happy to see for a reasonable price if it was near enough to me (Bristol would be alright), but wouldn't make a huge effort for (unless he surprises me and it's brilliant).

Edit: I get what you mean about the curiosity though.

Edited by bocumaroy

Yeah, I actually find his vocals pretty impressive. I reckon it'll be decent enough, but I don't think Win and Regine will have to worry too much about handing over the songwriting reigns for the next album.

He'd play smallish venues I imagine. It's the kind of thing I'd be happy to see for a reasonable price if it was near enough to me (Bristol would be alright), but wouldn't make a huge effort for (unless he surprises me and it's brilliant).

Edit: I get what you mean about the curiosity though.

Me too, I think they are great. No I don't think they will either, but just the thought of the next Arcade Fire album makes me so excited, I am so curious to see what direction they are going to go in as well.

I'd definitely make the effort for Bristol. But would love to see him at Primavera next year though!

Zane Lowe is playing Take My Side tonight.

Me too, I think they are great. No I don't think they will either, but just the thought of the next Arcade Fire album makes me so excited, I am so curious to see what direction they are going to go in as well.

I'd definitely make the effort for Bristol. But would love to see him at Primavera next year though!

Tempted by Primavera myself, but by the time I've failed in the Glastonbury resales it might be too expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Richard I'd like to see in particular, because it's the kind of thing I wouldn't normally go out of my way for. Wonder if Owen might be about? A support slot at Earls Court with less than great sound and a disinterested crowd wasn't ideal.

HEY! Enough of the negativity, you. You're getting a ticket and that's that, NFiR NFC. Have some faith.

Appreciate the support. Still absolutely no idea what NFiR NFC is, though.

Will Arcade Fire get bigger? They're a bit of an anomaly in terms of success without a hit single, aren't they? I'd always want my favourite bands to do well, but I couldn't handle (I probably could, but it's be odd, to say the least) them 'doing a Kings of Leon', as I've known people to say.

Will Arcade Fire get bigger? They're a bit of an anomaly in terms of success without a hit single, aren't they? I'd always want my favourite bands to do well, but I couldn't handle (I probably could, but it's be odd, to say the least) them 'doing a Kings of Leon', as I've known people to say.

Nah what'd be the point? They've already reached that point on a world stage on their own terms. If anything now I think KOL serve as a warning to other bands.

Edited by dentalplan

Nah what'd be the point? They've already reached that point on a world stage on their own terms. If anything now I think KOL serve as a warning to other bands.

Money? I don't know, they could definitely get bigger. I don't think the US tour sold particularly well.

Wouldn't want it to happen, just a thought. Although I don't necessarily see it as simple as 'selling out' (KoL was just an example, don't really know anything about them tbh), it could just be a case of wanting to reach more people, or attain some kind of iconic status, or whatever. In Win's words, "Aretha Franklin wasn't a sell out, John Lennon wasn't a sell out", so it wouldn't totally surprise me if they aimed even higher/bigger. I suppose that's different to actively trying to write a hit single, didn't word it very well. I'm just curious as to whether they'll ever reach that level. It's not as if they write obscure experimental songs with no hooks.

Right there, in huge letters.

Quite bizarre that I've never read that properly before. Deepest apologies.

Edited by bocumaroy

• 3 months later...