The Psychedelic Music of Glastonbury

Dave The Hedgehog

Missed Jagwar Ma twice at Glastonbury, once in the rain at the Park stage, the missus couldn't deal with it and then another time was a clash this year when they played in The Crowsnest - made a pact with myself to see them next time they toured and managed to catch them on Sunday night in Bristol, so, so, so good!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Ducky89 said:

Missed Jagwar Ma twice at Glastonbury, once in the rain at the Park stage, the missus couldn't deal with it and then another time was a clash this year when they played in The Crowsnest - made a pact with myself to see them next time they toured and managed to catch them on Sunday night in Bristol, so, so, so good!

Seen them a few times over the years. But they were unbelievable at academy 2 on Friday. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2017 at 10:22 AM, big__phil said:

Bump

New Pond album coming out on the 5th May, and I think they've got a London date at some point around then. Fingers crossed they and King Gizz both play. High hopes for the new Temples record as well.

Really hope they get a slot again this time. I'm away during their UK tour as well so would be nice to see them at Glastonbury. Williams Green last time I'd imagine a low JP slot this time

• 1 month later...
On 30/03/2017 at 0:18 PM, big__phil said:

Damn, not exactly drowning in physc with that first line up. Other than Temples, is there anything I've missed on there?

On 31/03/2017 at 0:14 AM, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Some Gizz will fit the bill and Can is close but ACE.

Also got Pond coming, plus TBCs Sleeptalking and Forest Swords might be of interest.

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Also got Pond coming, plus TBCs Sleeptalking and Forest Swords might be of interest.

Do we know Pond are coming, or does it just look (very) likely from their tour dates? Still got 4(!) weeks to wait until the new album :(

Also interested to see Pond. Big Tame Impala fan and whilst I've not loved Pond's back catalogue, their new material is much more my bag, albeit seemingly heavily influenced by Parker's sound.

Sweep Me Off My Feet at glasto would go down a storm.

55 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Do we know Pond are coming, or does it just look (very) likely from their tour dates? Still got 4(!) weeks to wait until the new album :(

One of the few comments on the fake Clashfinder was someone saying Pond's guitarist had told him they were playing. As you say makes perfect sense with their tour dates (and is about bleddy time!)

5 minutes ago, Eyebrow said:

Also interested to see Pond. Big Tame Impala fan and whilst I've not loved Pond's back catalogue, their new material is much more my bag, albeit seemingly heavily influenced by Parker's sound.

Sweep Me Off My Feet at glasto would go down a storm.

I'm not so keen on the more synthy new material but when I saw them live a few years back they were awesome, more than good enough to get me along again. Recent show at the Moth Club got a good review too.

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, big__phil said:

The new Pond record is pretty good. Slightly different sound to their last, but would still be lovely in the June sunshine.

I'm listening to it now and it's fantastic. Sounds like if Prince had a psych rock band. 

Still hopeful that they'll grace the farm, seeing as they're in Bristol on the Wednesday. Hopefully they'll either play Williams Green on the Thursday or the Down the Rabbit Hole date of the 23rd on their website is generic, covering the weekend before the day splits are announced.

29 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

I'm listening to it now and it's fantastic. Sounds like if Prince had a psych rock band. 

Still hopeful that they'll grace the farm, seeing as they're in Bristol on the Wednesday. Hopefully they'll either play Williams Green on the Thursday or the Down the Rabbit Hole date of the 23rd on their website is generic, covering the weekend before the day splits are announced.

Before King Gizz on Sunday would be nice...

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I thought Pond would be on it, they have a gig in Bristol a day or 2 before don't they?

I know, and it makes the fact I can't go to the Pond gig even more frustrating! Somebody needs to have words with the Glastonbury bookers...